All-Star Cheerlebrity Lessons?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Would you attend a cheerlebrity seminar for your CP?

• Yes

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 96 93.2%

• Total voters
Coming from a child who is a graduating senior..acro tumbling is far different than all-star cheer or traditional sideline cheer. Also there are very few scholarships on the college level. I say if u can promote your child and they enjoy it...do it.

Goes to show their level of "fame" huh. They might be making camp money in a business now, but the celebrity side of Angel is running out

What happened to positivity?? These comments...smj

I swear....i hadnt been on this forum due to the fact I was tired of reading petty comments. I guess I'll take another hiatus...geesh

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear....i hadnt been on this forum due to the fact I was tired of reading petty comments. I guess I'll take another hiatus...geesh

tenor.gif

My problem is that kids don't need to be cheerlebrities. Kids need to be kids. We have too many Suzy mom's pushing kids to max out their tumbling by age 10 only to be shocked that when they suddenly grow they are getting injured and loosing skills as they grown. The sprinter mentality. We have parents pushing their kids to keep their social media public and post specific pictures so that companies will give them attention.

The majority of our kids will not be cheerlebrities and by pushing this we loose the value of cheer. That cheer is not a sport of individuals but perhaps the greatest team sport out there. They are a complicated machine where each girl plays her part... flyers don't levitate and bases look stupid pumping there arms up and down with no one on top. I love a good last pass but the complicated back and forth of passes and girls in perfect sync that is stunning to me. A pyramid where you see those girls working in sync. The bobble that does not become a fall because they all work as a unit to bring it back. That is the beauty of this sport.

Parents don't need cheerlebrity seminars. They need seminars on how to identify concussions and when to take your kid to the doctor and how to help your child safely condition. They need seminars on how to communicate positively and when to back off to coaches, athletes, and other parents. If you are in cheer to create revenue sorry that is not going to happen for the vast majority of kids. But the number of life lessons this sport could provide to all kids is countless especially if we parents put that mindset first.

Last edited:
I'm only mentioning its free because people were saying these ladies were trying to scam people out of money or trying to make money out of it. I am not attending but if they are doing it free to help others (if you want that help that is lol) I don't see how they are doing anything wrong if they arent charging people money. If its not your thing, that's cool but I just don't want people to automatically assume these ladies are scam artists when it appears they are just trying to be helpful. Secondly, they are trying to get black cheerleaders more recognized as well. There are a few well known black cheerleaders but it seems like most of the so called cheerlebrities are white. So I don't fault them in what they are trying to do. I try to look for the positive in people instead of assuming the negative, until I am proven wrong lol

I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, as well.

The elephant in the room is being avoided. While, most of us probably fall into mid- upper income range where college is talked about often and in terms of "where you are going", the fact remains there are some that fall into the low-mid range and it is spoken of less often and in terms of "if you go". Currently sports, especially for males, are often focused on for scholarships or way out of low-mid income areas, so this topic isn't as absurd as people think it is. I have family on opposite ends of the income spectrum and while I'm not a fan of the word "cheerlebrity", I am a fan of continuing education. I wasn't aware of the side businesses, but the word "no" is still in existence and "free" is still "free" with the exception of time invested in listening. I refuse to judge, I have family members while not in sports, marketed their kids ability to do landscape, lawn care and debris removal from the ages of 10-18 and it put them through school debt free. Talent is marketable.

Last edited:
I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise, as well.

The elephant in the room is being avoided. While, most of us probably fall into mid- upper income range where college is talked about often and in terms of "where you are going", the fact remains there are some that fall into the low-mid range and it is spoken of less often and in terms of "if you go". Currently sports, especially for males, are often focused on for scholarships or way out of low-mid income areas, so this topic isn't as absurd as people think it is. I have family on opposite ends of the income spectrum and while I'm not a fan of the word "cheerlebrity", I am a fan of continuing education. I wasn't aware of the side businesses, but the word "no" is still in existence and "free" is still "free" with the exception of time invested in listening. I refuse to judge, I have family members while not in sports, marketed their kids ability to do landscape, lawn care and debris removal from the ages of 10-18 and it put them through school debt free. Talent is marketable.

There's a great deal of good in your post, but the fact is that LEGITIMATE cheerleading scholarships are virtually nonexistent. The chances of making any LEGITIMATE income from "cheerlebrity" status have to be less than 1 in a million. People would be better served picking up an extra shift, doing some kind of side hobby and selling in an Etsy shop, etc and stashing that money into a 529 for 12-15 years. Waiting for the Cheerlebrity ship to roll in is like banking your child's college education on winning the lottery.

There's a great deal of good in your post, but the fact is that LEGITIMATE cheerleading scholarships are virtually nonexistent. The chances of making any LEGITIMATE income from "cheerlebrity" status have to be less than 1 in a million. People would be better served picking up an extra shift, doing some kind of side hobby and selling in an Etsy shop, etc and stashing that money into a 529 for 12-15 years. Waiting for the Cheerlebrity ship to roll in is like banking your child's college education on winning the lottery.

Re-read the flyer, it doesn't mention scholarships. Don't get tripped up on the word "cheerlebrity", I personally think "marketing" would have been better received. There's a talented 16 year old drummer we know that is no Neil Peart, but he still teaches basic drum lessons. He charges $15 for a half hour versus what the music store charges of $30-40. Parents say he does a great job of teaching note reading, stick control, and drills. A talented cheerleader can learn how to teach basic tumbling, they can start coaching lower level teams, they can share their pathway to their talent in clinics. Talent is talent, and all talent is marketable.

ETA: I would like to hear from someone that attends on what the seminar content is.

Last edited:

I know the parents on this board are here because their kids love to cheer so I'm obviously not advocating taking that away from them... but if the money spent on all star cheer and travel was put into a savings account, paying for college wouldn't be an issue (or at least a much smaller one.) I am not saying quitting cheer is the answer or depriving your kid of the great life lessons and experiences is a good idea; the experiences and life lessons are extremely valuable.

Just the irony of trying to attract lower income families to this insanely, astronomically expensive activity by enticing them with the potential for a modeling job or free hairspray or maybe free gym tuition is so silly. If they had not joined the sport and saved that money they'd be in the same, or a better, place financially for their child's future. Or joined rec cheer or the school cheer team or any activity not costing $10k+ a year.

Angel got lucky in that her mom is a phenomenal coach and she's pretty genetically gifted with some raw athletic talent. Those two things put together allowed her to be positively recognized and offered her a bit of fame, notoriety, and experiences that may have paid her well. That's not something that can just be replicated in any other kid. Her mom can tell you how they did it until the cows come home, and you can follow step by step but if your kid is average* you're not going to get anything out of it.

*I'm pretty average. Nothing wrong with that. But no one is going to offer me gifts and money to teach their kid how to forward roll like me.

Last edited:
Re-read the flyer, it doesn't mention scholarships. Don't get tripped up on the word "cheerlebrity", I personally think "marketing" would have been better received. There's a talented 16 year old drummer we know that is no Neil Peart, but he still teaches basic drum lessons. He charges $15 for a half hour versus what the music store charges of $30-40. Parents say he does a great job of teaching note reading, stick control, and drills. A talented cheerleader can learn how to teach basic tumbling, they can start coaching lower level teams, they can share their pathway to their talent in clinics. Talent is talent, and all talent is marketable.

Agreed, but why does anyone need a seminar (free or paid) in order to show them how to do that? When kids are talented on my team and they show an interest in teaching or earning money, we start looking for ways to help them do so. Some friends of mine have a 12 year old on all star cheer who has ALMOST saved enough money to buy her own air track by teaching minis how to do front walkovers. You and I are in agreement.

I know the parents on this board are here because their kids love to cheer so I'm obviously not advocating taking that away from them... but if the money spent on all star cheer and travel was put into a savings account, paying for college wouldn't be an issue (or at least a much smaller one.) I am not saying quitting cheer is the answer or depriving your kid of the great life lessons and experiences is a good idea; the experiences and life lessons are extremely valuable.

Just the irony of trying to attract lower income families to this insanely, astronomically expensive activity by enticing them with the potential for a modeling job or free hairspray or maybe free gym tuition is so silly. If they had not joined the sport and saved that money they'd be in the same, or a better, place financially for their child's future. Or joined rec cheer or the school cheer team or any activity not costing $10k+ a year.

Angel got lucky in that her mom is a phenomenal coach and she's pretty genetically gifted with some raw athletic talent. Those two things put together allowed her to be positively recognized and offered her a bit of fame, notoriety, and experiences that may have paid her well. That's not something that can just be replicated in any other kid. Her mom can tell you how they did it until the cows come home, and you can follow step by step but if your kid is average* you're not going to get anything out of it.

*I'm pretty average. Nothing wrong with that. But no one is going to offer me gifts and money to teach their kid how to forward roll like me.
At the end of the day...what you do with your kid is what you do with your kid. People need to focus on them and stop judging other. I'm 100% sure half of the comments made on this post would not be said in person.

Back