All-Star Choreographers Going Above and Beyond

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Luke Johnson who came to (Xtreme (power xtreme) Sm Sr Coed "Intense" rescue right before worlds. Luke came in turned a neglected team into one that wouldn't completely be made look like fools with a routine that was a watered down level 4 routine at best. The routine that they competed at worlds and was there for them as their coach. With so much drama and undo stress Luke came in after reworking his schedule and helped a team that was in need, out of the kindness of his heart. As a parent I will be forever grateful to this man who wasn't paid to come do what he did he did it out of love for a sport. He is an amazing choreographer and we were so lucky to have him.

Luke Johnson also does Az Power Xtreme, he has for the past...two years? I think. Small Senior used Eric Little in 2008-2009, and Coed used Luke, and small senior liked our routine better so they brought Luke back and redid small senior's routine, and they've used him since lol
Luke didn't do envy's last year, only Intense (SM SR Coed) worlds routine. Sinnell Baker did Envy's dance for worlds this year.

Jeff Manhart and Rod Harrelson !
They have done my gym's routines for the past 5 years? They're amazing !
Loveee Rod's dances! And Jeff comes up with some crazy stunts !
They've also done my individual routines !

Our choreographer did an amazing job. Gave girls nicknames to help out while teaching routine. Lots of energy and encouragement. Worked with coaches to tweak as the team improved. Came back to town and helped with a practice. Wore team shirts and always says hi when they see each other at comps. Keeps in contact with coaches about team progress- personal connection. That's why I love our choreographer. Glad he is returning this year.

Jeff Manhart and Rod Harrelson !
They have done my gym's routines for the past 5 years? They're amazing !
Loveee Rod's dances! And Jeff comes up with some crazy stunts !
They've also done my individual routines !

They did the choreo for my HS team! Both of them are awesome. Plus, they let us have a BBQ in their yard...win.

Jose, Greg, Corey and Domingo from tg miami do all tg naples routines - and they are amazing! The kids absolutely love them and love to see them back in the gym throughout the season and at comps!

We use in house choreographers: Kelly Ward and Dwayne Willoughby. Kelly is a part of Varsity choreography as well. Both do an awesome job!!!

we used tom stec last year... he was great, we had a wonderful & fun routine, i think we're having him again this year, and i'd deffinitally reccomend him!!!

I'm a choreographer from florida, my name is Brendan Mathews and I've worked with all the Cheerforce teams including diamondz and large limited (coed black). I've worked with Procheer, TCA and I choreograph my gyms teams, Florida Wildcats :) I'm looking for more work to spread my wings! I absolutely love my job and have cheered now 19 Years, anyone need some assistance??
im in LOVE with your work. :)

I feel like this has turned into "who is a good choreographer"

I still want to know more about other choreographers and what they do

I know when I do a routine for a team that is within driving distance I do several things. I go a few weeks before choreography and will work with them for a practice. Give them a few stunts to work on for their level and get an idea of tumbling and jumps etc. This makes it easier when I go in a second time. If I can't do that, I try to get a video of some skills and understand what they are working on. When I go in, I will ask to see what they have worked on then start with the routine. I like to make the coaches feel involved while not letting them dictate every move. I ask them opinions about who they want there and if they have a preference between 2 options. A week or so after choreography, I follow up to see how the girls are doing with it. If they can remember it all, etc. About a month later, I will call to see if they are having any trouble with the routine, if there are any issues that I can fix etc. Then after a few small competitions, I go back in before they have a major competition to tweek the routine based on judges comments and how it is scoring.

I also give the coaches ideas on how to improve things in the routine. Some coaches prefer watered down routines with options to add in harder skills. In that case, I make sure there are enough counts for a harder stunt, pyramid, etc. If coaches prefer to get the harder routine, then I also tell them what they should water down first to still allow things to score in top ranges. I know a lot of people say "if they were a good coach...", but lets face it, how many coaches out there know everything. I believe it is better to give them more information.

Back