All-Star Classiest Gyms?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

From an unbiased opinion, I came to worlds this year from the UK. I met a few CEA parents and athletes there and they actually came down to the front to support two UK level 6 teams each time they performed as if they were their own. I thought this was so classy and kind. Other classy teams I encountered there: CheerForce, Brandon, Stingrays, Charlotte

along the lines of this thread, I hate with a passion when a team cheers when 2nd place is called. I get that winning Worlds is exciting for you, I'd be taking a big ol' pee in my pants when I found out I won, but to give absolutely NO respect to the team that worked just as hard as you to get there and placed 2nd, I find that rude, and I've seen that by multiple programs mentioned in this thread, although I guess 1 or 2 teams can not be considered for the actions of the whole gym.

Top Gun by far - and we have been cheering for over 6 years. When my CP was only 7, they were super excited to be at NCA for the first time. Her friends and her saw Top Gun on stage for the first time and they were blown away. Top Gun was just declared NCA champions and these little girls waited excitedly for them to take pictures. Top Gun athletes were nothing but super nice and very patient - with so many "now with my camera!" requests. Fast forward 5 years - last NCA - again, Top Gun athletes were so nice to her, very encouraging, telling her to "just go there and have fun!". What a great gym. Congrats to the coaches and parents for instilling great values to these athletes.

I agree. At UCA Nationals are coed team wished Stingray good luck, there reply was keep the luck cus your going to need it. IMO that is very bad sportsmanship, I am proud of are team for being gracious
I had a bad experience with them too. We were up against them and they came over early before we were finished with our last mat in warm-ups. We messed up a part of our pyramid and some of the girls started laughing out loud and it really made us feel bad and felt like we were getting made fun of right before we went on the floor. It could have been that they were laughing at something else, but it was a very badly timed laugh if they were.

However, One of my childhood friends is on smoke and she is the nicest person and is always concerned how my team does at competitions, so it really is just a few that can ruin a reputation.

I had a bad experience with them too. We were up against them and they came over early before we were finished with our last mat in warm-ups. We messed up a part of our pyramid and some of the girls started laughing out loud and it really made us feel bad and felt like we were getting made fun of right before we went on the floor. It could have been that they were laughing at something else, but it was a very badly timed laugh if they were.

However, One of my childhood friends is on smoke and she is the nicest person and is always concerned how my team does at competitions, so it really is just a few that can ruin a reputation.
So.... You're not "sure" if they were laughing at you, but, since your team messed up and you assume they were laughing at you. So you come on to a message board and blast that team.
That is very classy on your part.

along the lines of this thread, I hate with a passion when a team cheers when 2nd place is called. I get that winning Worlds is exciting for you, I'd be taking a big ol' pee in my pants when I found out I won, but to give absolutely NO respect to the team that worked just as hard as you to get there and placed 2nd, I find that rude, and I've seen that by multiple programs mentioned in this thread, although I guess 1 or 2 teams can not be considered for the actions of the whole gym.
I hate with a passion when fans feel like they should dictate how an athlete should react when they receive their placement.

I agree. At UCA Nationals are coed team wished Stingray good luck, there reply was keep the luck cus your going to need it. IMO that is very bad sportsmanship, I am proud of are team for being gracious

Consider yourselves lucky you lived to post this.

Look at what they did to Steve Irwin.

@BubbleToes sorry, but I think that is in very poor taste - I do not see anything appropriate in joking in any way about a man's death that left two children fatherless.

:deadhorse:

Back