All-Star Coaches Dating Athletes With Parent Approval

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know a big gym that have a lot of coaches dating athletes ... but i would hate to call them out(; Opps... Did i spill tea?

Like @drewpate I've seen scenarios where it's not "legally" an issue however, I've never seen it work out. Actually saw a friend coach her husband, and that's just funny (obviously on in International team) However, if it is an illegal situation, why are we discussing this? Why aren't people reporting it? If it's illegal, throw em under the jail. Even if it is legal, its unprofessional and in very poor judgement by the boy/girl, gym owner and parents.

One of the 2 needs to move to another program. If they are mature enough to date, they are mature enough to maintain professionalism.

No. It is the responsibility of the adult (coach) to say no. No matter the reason or the age gap. It is not professional even if it is accepted by others. If you gotta date them, quit and get another job at another gym or somewhere else and then date when you don't have that position of authority over them.

On another front you must consider how it messes up the team dynamics when that happens. Even if there is no real favoritism it will always be implied and every nicety towards the person dating will be taken as a it is only because he/she is dating the coach. That will seriously mess up that teams chemistry.

so are you against a 40 year old manager dating a 40 year old employee, because she/he is in a place of authority? (in like an office setting)

Every company I have ever worked in has a rule against people in a relationship working in an employee/manager situation. Many of them have had rules against working in the same department, or same facility. It is common sense, if you ask me, because the company is just opening itself up to all kinds of allegations of favoritism, etc., if they allow it.

Personally, I would have a HUGE problem with an athlete dating a coach. However, I have also heard of places where the coaches have teams sleep at their houses, which makes me extremely uncomfortable as well, so I am probably more conservative than most.

Well if your coach is gay, at least you won't have to deal with any girls dating him!! haha:) now boys..... hm.... that could get ugly

Every company I have ever worked in has a rule against people in a relationship working in an employee/manager situation. Many of them have had rules against working in the same department, or same facility. It is common sense, if you ask me, because the company is just opening itself up to all kinds of allegations of favoritism, etc., if they allow it.

There are actually a lot more reasons behind that then just favoritism.

I think for the industry as a whole this should be greatly discouraged by the USASF. Allstar cheer has a bad enough reputation and stereotype, could you imagine the controversy and expose's on cnn.com and Dateline if stuff like coaches dating teenage athletes came out ::::::::shudders::::::::::

Age of consent aside. No. Never, ever, ever. Even if she's 18. If she's still a cheerleader and he's a coach, it's crossing a boundary line. There are plenty of high school senior who are 18, but we'd throw a fit if they were to date a young teacher. The same principle of professionalism applies. If a girl on my senior team were dating one of my coaches, I'd seriously consider quitting. How do you feel about this: A coach who's say 16 or 17 dating a kid still on a team?

Not as obvious as one might think- I've seen it happen... :jawdrop:

Haha ok,
Since I'm still young enough to date quite a few athletes at my daughters gym.. Not that I'm interested.
How is that a problem?
If their not the coach at the gym how will it effect my child's placement?
It wouldn't, yes I admit so awkward if y'all stop talking and u have to see that person but how does it reflect on the gym?
I don't think a gym could tell me I couldn't date someone of age.. And who could prove we are dating? No one..
Now I would see a problem if I was making out with them on break or talking inappropriately to them at the gym. But if outside of my home I choose to date them then so be it!!

And no I'm really sorry it wasn't directed at you, it's just a general question for everyone since this is getting brought up. It may bring me some insight.. I'm sure the gym owners wouldn't condone it or want it to happen. Just don't know if they could stop it...

Latest posts

Back