OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about these universities? What is it like to live there? I'm looking to do a masters in publishing and these are the only places I've found that offer it so far...

Emerson College, DePaul University, New York University, University of Houston-Victoria, Portland State, Minnesota State Moorhead, Drexel University, Pace University.
My best friend goes to Pace! She hasn't had any complaints about it so far, she was a transfer student and made friends right away, she loves living in the city but of course, it's VERY expensive. If you can handle living in a big city then I'd say go for it!

Just everyone apply to ECU. Tuition is dirt cheap (even for out of state) everyone is friendly, lots of options for college-age kids to continue cheering. I've heard downtown is lots of fun too ;)
SEE YOU AT BOB'S

eta: not exactly dirt cheap... I pay $15k a semester

I'll take your 15k over my 27k any day lol
fair enough... just frustrates me when some in state kids will complain about their tuition when they pay LITERALLY under $3k a semester with their scholarships and what not... want to pay my tuition too!? Like I understand that not every family is made of money but don't complain to someone who is paying 5x the amount that you are

fair enough... just frustrates me when some in state kids will complain about their tuition when they pay LITERALLY under $3k a semester with their scholarships and what not... want to pay my tuition too!? Like I understand that not every family is made of money but don't complain to someone who is paying 5x the amount that you are
Definitely feel you on that one! I'm out of state too and a lot of my friends will complain about how much school is when I'm paying 10k more than them

Does anyone have any experience with or know anything about these universities? What is it like to live there? I'm looking to do a masters in publishing and these are the only places I've found that offer it so far...

Emerson College, DePaul University, New York University, University of Houston-Victoria, Portland State, Minnesota State Moorhead, Drexel University, Pace University.

Depaul is across the street from my school and I'd say about half my employees go there. They love it, but that's about all I know about the school itself.

As far as living here, I don't know where you live now so it's hard to compare.

Pros to living in Chicago:
-Sooooooooooo much to do (sights, museums, theater, shopping, sports, restaurants)
-Easy to get around on the transit system, which will take you anywhere within the city. If you're a student, you'll pay by semester for a pass and it averages out to $9 a week, which is less than half the normal price (includes Pace bus which goes to some suburban locations like the mall)
-Depaul's main campuses are in the Loop (center of downtown) and in a nice part of Chicago, so you'd be near everything
-I'm a sports fan, so I love that there are lots of sports. There's some type of sporting event pretty much every day. Depaul is building a brand new arena near McCormick Place so you'd have school sports too (Side note, the arena is a huge source of controversy here, because they're a private University getting city money from a horribly debt ridden city for an arena they don't need!)
-biggest pro about Chicago: I'm here!!! :D

Cons:
- I know someone said they felt safe here but that's crazy. I think that's an illusion for tourists. We have the highest crime in the country, and it's not limited to bad neighborhoods. It's bad enough I want to move solely because of crime
- parking is a nightmare here. The majority of parking downtown is $30/day. Students can get lucky and pay $14. Adds up fast. This city gives parking tickets like it's their sole form of revenue
- the weather. It's cold and gray 90% of the time. We get maybe 2 good months a year. And it's not pretty winter with snow (I'm OK with cold - I grew up in Rochester NY). It's just bitter cold, windy, and dirty slushy snow. The weather here is just depressing.
- lastly, it's expensive here. Really expensive. We're pretty consistently ranked 1st for highest gas prices in the US, rent here is outrageous, etc.

That's Chicago in a nutshell. :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Anyone looking for a southern school I would recommend Georgia Southern. My sister is a sophomore there and loves it!

Nobody gets ripped off more than people from Illinois who want to go to an instate school. When I was looking at schools I didnt even bother looking at Illinois instate. The closest one to me (NIU) is about 22k (maybe 25k? I cant remember) a year for instate. Out of state Wisconsin is about 22k. And most Wisconsin schools have a deal where Illinois students pay less.
We're such a kind state :)

Back