OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
That's funny you thought I was from Huntington. I'm actually from Santa Cruz. :p We get a little territorial here and say we're the real surf city even though most people know Huntington as Surf City.
I'm glad your daughter likes it! That's good to know :)
I didn't know that! Didn't mean to insult Santa Cruz...spent a few summers vacationing there when I was a kid. If you do decide to go there let me know so you can meet both my girls.

I didn't know that! Didn't mean to insult Santa Cruz...spent a few summers vacationing there when I was a kid. If you do decide to go there let me know so you can meet both my girls.
No not at all! I just thought it was funny. :)
Will do! It'll be nice to know someone.

Im from around the area, Elons in my schools (Appalachian State) conference. Both are relatively small schools, but the people Iknow that go there love it.

My friends girlfriend went to Elon and said it was far too small and she ended up transferring to UNC. I know that I currently go to Kent State which is about 30,000 people but we like to call it a "hotel" campus, they check in during the week and check out during the weekends. Really look into the schools number wise and social atmosphere.

Is anyone familiar with High Point or Elon in NC?
I went to Elon and cheered there for one semester and transferred really quickly.. I know some people really love it, but I had an awful experience. Feel free to PM me and I'll give more details

I think this is one of my first posts on this account- it's perfect that it is in the college section because I love talking about college!

I'm from MA, and I love New England. I'm a junior and I've gone to a competitive public school in a very small, rural town. I'm looking for something more urban than what I've known, but I'm definitely willing to compromise that if the school is a really good fit. So if anybody could give me any suggestions on schools similar to the following that'd be great!

I'm looking for a personal experience where I won't be overwhelmed by a huge student body or huge lecture classes. The average class size at my HS is 18 or so, so I'd love that to carry over into college. Also, I'm on an 504 plan for ADHD and Dyslexia, so schools that are disability friendly are definitely a plus. I'm extremely highly motivated and I have learnt to deal with the severity of the disability over time without the need of extensive special education, so managing a workload is not an issue. I would love the open-mindedness and flexibility I've had in high school to be emulated in college.

These are the schools that I'm looking at that I don't have a ton of information on. Feel free to comment on any of them based on any amount of experience you've had; I want to know everything I can before making my final choice!

Elon, College of Charleston, George Washington, Lafayette, Miami of Ohio, Colorado College, Tulane, Loyola MD

I think this is one of my first posts on this account- it's perfect that it is in the college section because I love talking about college!

I'm from MA, and I love New England. I'm a junior and I've gone to a competitive public school in a very small, rural town. I'm looking for something more urban than what I've known, but I'm definitely willing to compromise that if the school is a really good fit. So if anybody could give me any suggestions on schools similar to the following that'd be great!

I'm looking for a personal experience where I won't be overwhelmed by a huge student body or huge lecture classes. The average class size at my HS is 18 or so, so I'd love that to carry over into college. Also, I'm on an 504 plan for ADHD and Dyslexia, so schools that are disability friendly are definitely a plus. I'm extremely highly motivated and I have learnt to deal with the severity of the disability over time without the need of extensive special education, so managing a workload is not an issue. I would love the open-mindedness and flexibility I've had in high school to be emulated in college.

These are the schools that I'm looking at that I don't have a ton of information on. Feel free to comment on any of them based on any amount of experience you've had; I want to know everything I can before making my final choice!

Elon, College of Charleston, George Washington, Lafayette, Miami of Ohio, Colorado College, Tulane, Loyola MD

I am not too familiar with CofC, other than the fact that I am from the state and it was my 2nd choice school. I do know several kids from my high school that did go to there and didn't exactly succeed...due to outside influences.

On Friday I found out that I got wait listed at the University of Minnesota, totally crushed because this is my number one school.
They said that we would know if we got accepted by April 15th, which is 4 days before their cheer tryouts :/

Has anyone ever been wait listed or know anyone who has?
How long did it take for them to accept/deny you?

On Friday I found out that I got wait listed at the University of Minnesota, totally crushed because this is my number one school.
They said that we would know if we got accepted by April 15th, which is 4 days before their cheer tryouts :/

Has anyone ever been wait listed or know anyone who has?
How long did it take for them to accept/deny you?
You'll hear before then. What really seems to help (in my case this year at least) is to call every day, and inquire about the statis of your admission. I got waitlisted and called every other day, and heard back about a week later. My guidance councelor said some mumbo jumbo about it keeping your name fresh in the system, and on their minds or whatever, but I'm not sure how true it is. It worked for me though lol, so hopefully for you too! Good luck girl!

I haven't posted here in a while but I've been accepted to all of my schools except one that I was deferred. I should hear from them again in the next month. But it was my reach school so I'm not really counting on it. Now to decide...

I haven't posted here in a while but I've been accepted to all of my schools except one that I was deferred. I should hear from them again in the next month. But it was my reach school so I'm not really counting on it. Now to decide...
TOUR TOUR TOUR is all i have to say. Its what helped me make my decision, I was stuck between UNCC and Appalachian State, I toured Charlotte first and liked it. But when I visited App I fell in love. So happy with my decision

Ahem, Endicott!!!! There, decision made! =) I'm sorta kidding, find what's right for you. Good luck!!!

Back