All-Star Comets And Cja

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hey everyone! I know that there has been a lot of excitement and speculation over the last few hours..Let me clarify a few things...There is NO MERGER between Comets and CJA. There is a POSSIBILITY that the Comets will BECOME Cenral Jersey All-Stars..The coaching staff in the Kenilworth gym will remain the same with no deletions and additions to the staff that is already there. We are SO excited about this possibility!

The owner of comets never said half of the things that were said in this.
I'm pretty sure the exact phrase was "joining forces to create the ultimate cheer experience". Everything else said here is just speculation. For all we know it could just be helping each other out. The staff wasn't informed of any details and i'm sure thats because there are no details.

Several things that werent mentioned.... Merger.... Combining Teams.... Who was coaching senior 5...

DIRECTLY FROM THE CJA FACEBOOK LAST NIGHT:

ATTENTION CENTRAL FAMILIES: There has been much speculation regarding Central Jersey All Stars and the Comet All Stars within the last hour. Rest assured that CJA is not going anywhere and there is NO MERGER. However there is a strong possibility that the Comet All Stars may become Central Jersey All Stars. The staff in Kenilworth will remain the same and there will not be any additions or subtractions from that staff. With over 15 years of successful competitive cheerleading under our belt we have proven ourselves to be one of the best programs in New Jersey. Please stay tuned as we continue to discover the possibilities of this venture and know that official information will only come directly from Patty Ann Romero.

ATTENTION CENTRAL FAMILIES: There has been much speculation regarding Central Jersey All Stars and the Comet All Stars within the last hour. Rest assured that CJA is not going anywhere and there is NO MERGER. However there is a strong possibility that the Comet All Stars may become Central Jersey All Stars. The staff in Kenilworth will remain the same and there will not be any additions or subtractions from that staff. With over 15 years of successful competitive cheerleading under our belt we have proven ourselves to be one of the best programs in New Jersey. Please stay tuned as we continue to discover the possibilities of this venture and know that official information will only come directly from Patty Ann Romero.

That makes me so sad. I'm all for a merger, not CJA absorbing Comets.

Wow now that is quite different than all the stories flying around. You see how rumors start, who will coach what team, what they will be named, coaches traveling between both gyms, merger vs. takeover....I would have been upset if I read on here that my gym was merging with another gym and had no idea what was going on. I can only imagine how the CJA families felt.

It's honestly not that big of a deal yet and still everyone is being so dramatic. What way should the CJA families feel if 1) there program hasn't changed 2) there coaches haven't changed and 3) there practice facility hasn't changed? So if anyone is upset they are just upset to be upset because nothing about their experience has changed one bit. If anything they should be excited that there could possible be more people chanting CJA lol.

It's honestly not that big of a deal yet and still everyone is being so dramatic. What way should the CJA families feel if 1) there program hasn't changed 2) there coaches haven't changed and 3) there practice facility hasn't changed? So if anyone is upset they are just upset to be upset because nothing about their experience has changed one bit. If anything they should be excited that there could possible be more people chanting CJA lol.

You misunderstood my point. I meant if they were reading all this untrue speculation on the board before all the true facts came out.

You misunderstood my point. I meant if they were reading all this untrue speculation on the board before all the true facts came out.

There is a wonderful statement that sums it all up "Don't always believe what you read" lol. People talk and it's obviously the way of the world given this situation.

I was just simply stating that I would be sad to see the Comet name and organization disappear, as implied by the statement from CJA. No need for everyone to get all fussy.

I actually hope this happens. I'm from NJ and I'm a BIG fan of my state's gyms, but I think there are a few programs that could do wonders by merging w/ others. We have World Cup, NJSE, and SJS dominate South Jersey and have been making the rankings on the Worlds scene, but North/Century has been decently inconsistent at the worlds level. CJA, JuST Cheer, CC Champs, Comets, and Star Athletics are all great programs and pretty much own the upper ends of NJ, but I def think they could do A LOT more damage if they somehow all merged into only 2 or 3 programs.

Back