All-Star Comets And Cja

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Until things are 100% confirmed, and by confirmed I mean a VERBAL or WRITTEN statement directly to the parents/cheerleaders, from either PattyAnn or Vinny the speculation needs to stop. seriously, only because the more and more people spill out the wrong information, the more twisted its actually going to become. like the game "Telephone" only with A LOT more people. lol .. the information is already twisted enough.. the next thing you know people are going to start saying that world cup is going to merge with south jersey storm who is then going to buy out comets, and become CJA. NO. wait for a formal statement. im sure it will be out at some point being that tryouts for both gyms are this week and next week.

Coming from a Comet parent: Patty Ann will be in charge of the all star program at both locations, and Comets now= CJA.

My understanding of it is that it's basically a satellite gym, and none of the parents have been informed of anything further, in terms of coaches and teams at either location.

I have mixed feelings about this. Both are great organizations, but are very different organizations. I know Comets is really big into the family atmosphere, and the kids and coaches are very close. CJA is a little bit more about getting the work done, and producing flawless technical skills. Each gym could benefit from an incorporation of some elements from the other gym's style. I think the talent pool at both is huge though, so whatever teams they put out will be POWERHOUSE.

Whoever said Medium 5, TOO funny, that was the first thing that popped out of my mouth when that parent texted me lol:)

I don't know why everyone is freaking out above.
New Jersey Cheer Factory has been the home to the Comet Allstars for a while. Now, NJ Cheer Factory is the home of Central Jersey Allstars. Vinny still owns NJ Cheer Factory. Patti Ann will be the allstar director for the new Central Jersey Location. Nothing is changing at the Kenilworth location. The only changes will be happening at the East Brunswick location. There will be the same coaches from Comets there with a few CJA staff members coming down to assist on certain days. The new location will have the CJA style, rules, uniforms, etc.

Central Jersey Allstars is 1 program with 2 locations.

AND that is official.

Thank you sooooo much Rich !!

As a LONG time Comet parent, we are all excited for the possibilities and ready to start working !!
I can't wait to cheer on another 75+ girls and become a bigger family than what we are !!!
I'm excited to meet ALL the girls and parents there !!!

Congratuations to both gyms ... err... or CJA (formerly Comets)!!!! Whatever the case, I'm really excited to see what they have to offer this season. New Jersey is becoming a powerhouse in the all-star cheer industry!

Coming from a Comet parent: Patty Ann will be in charge of the all star program at both locations, and Comets now= CJA.

My understanding of it is that it's basically a satellite gym, and none of the parents have been informed of anything further, in terms of coaches and teams at either location.

I have mixed feelings about this. Both are great organizations, but are very different organizations. I know Comets is really big into the family atmosphere, and the kids and coaches are very close. CJA is a little bit more about getting the work done, and producing flawless technical skills. Each gym could benefit from an incorporation of some elements from the other gym's style. I think the talent pool at both is huge though, so whatever teams they put out will be POWERHOUSE.

Whoever said Medium 5, TOO funny, that was the first thing that popped out of my mouth when that parent texted me lol:)

I agree Comets has a strong family atmosphere which is really awesome however so does CJA. There is no denying that CJA parents are some of the loudest cheering, and most supportive parents in all of all star cheerleading! The way they chant C-J-A is mind blowing to those who watch. The parents love each other and truly the best of friends. I know they will welcome all of the Comet families with open arms. This scenario is going to be game changing for both gyms involved and history will be made. It's time to start calling it what it is CENTRAL JERSEY ALL STARS: 1 Program 2 Gyms!

As a cheerleader in another NJ gym, I am veryyyy excited about this! Both gyms have amazing teams and parents, and this merge will just make them even more of a force to be reckoned with. Wishing them the best of luck, cant wait to see the routines in the fall!

I think this is great opportunity for both gyms, but coming from someone who was a part of the Comet organization way back when their colors where teal, black, and silver & we practiced inside of elementary schools, I am sad to seem the name disappear. May be I'm just being sensitive. This year will certainly be exciting, and best of luck to the new CJA.

I think this is great opportunity for both gyms, but coming from someone who was a part of the Comet organization way back when their colors where teal, black, and silver & we practiced inside of elementary schools, I am sad to seem the name disappear. May be I'm just being sensitive. This year will certainly be exciting, and best of luck to the new CJA.

Little comets lighten up the floor Newjersey's best (clap,clap) once more! One of the cheers, used many many years ago! I will always have a special place in my heart for the CometAllstars! Goodluck to CJA

Situations like these, without a doubt, will make some families/coaches/trainers on both ends a little bit apprehensive. These feelings are perfectly natural considering there will be a lot to work out in order to make the transition as smooth as can be. There is also a small dose of sadness that goes along with losing a name in order to gain another.

However, this really is a win/win for everyone involved. For years, World Cup has set the standard for what it means to be a BRAND in NJ cheerleading and they've earned the respect that comes along with it. I think it's DUE TIME that people who have been loyal to CJA (and Comets) have the chance to bask in the sunlight, so to speak. Both programs have impressive pasts, but by combining each other's impressive talent pools, the new and improved CJA will hopefully secure a bigger and brighter future for all parties involved.

This shouldn't be viewed as a threat or even something at all negative because it's not. It should be viewed as an exciting business venture that will definitely make NJ more of a force to be reckoned with in our industry than it already is.

As a cheerleader who was on comet all stars now going to be a CJA cheerleader it breaks my heart to see the name of the comets disappear for all the years i have been cheering with them, but i am very excited for the new and upcoming season and hope all works out soo watch out for us because here we come !

Back