Competition Makeup/hair Organization

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2013
Are there any tips or tricks you have to organizing your makeup and hair products to take to competitions? Do you use makeup bags, or plastic containers, or train cases? I use a small makeup bag for my makeup and keep my hair products in the side of my gym bag, but are there better, more organized ways to store these objects? Thanks

I usually organize my stuff in cosmetic bags. i usually have 3. one for cheer make up, one for hair stuff, and one for just regular makeup to wear after a competition if im going out

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have two daughters that cheer and I use a multi-level/pull out train case we got at Target (pic below is exactly what we have) for their makeup, hair ties, bobby pins, makeup remover towelettes, glitters, nail polish remover wipes (there is always someone that forgets to take their polish off) and other small items. For larger hair supplies (hair spray, curling iron, heat protectant spray, gel, hair brushes, combs) I have a small tote. I store their bows in plastic pencil boxes with the tails tucked under gently. For competitions, I have a large, flat, rectangular Rubbermaid container with a lid into which I put: the pencil boxes with their comp bows, their cheer uniforms (the box is wide enough I can lay them flat, just needing to fold the sleeves over once), their cheer shoes (wrapped in a plastic store bags) and clean socks- essentially everything they need to perform
Rubbermaid-Clever-Store-Storage-Bin.jpg
original

I try to not take everything into a comp. But I keep the necessities - blush, lips, eye makeup, lashes - in a small makeup bag, and hair spray goes in the water bottle holder section of my backpack.
Pre-comp, all hair and makeup/toiletry items have their very own rolling duffle bag.

I just take a small bottle of hairspray, a comb, and her lipstick and place it in my backpack. At our gym, it is expected that you appear "competition ready" when you enter the venue. I keep all of that in my backpack at all times, so I do not have to repack it.

Back