All-Star Cover Up Rule, For Those That Have Competed This Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We compete at Jamfest this upcoming weekend, so last minute team mom logistics for me. :) We do have half tops again this year, but everyone is getting matching warm-ups this year as part of our uniform package, a first for UA.
do you know when everyone's uniforms come in?

This rule drives me nuts. If the coaches have to carry all of our t-shirts around during warm up.... that will be interesting! I personally hate wearing my warmup jacket over my uniform top, because the zipper is always FREEZING!!! Plus, its our stomach, what are people going to do, "Look at that girls stomach, that is so trashy." People should expect to see girls stomachs at competition!!

I'm just not sure there is anything to "enforce". If it is a "guideline" then to me that means "suggestion". IDK, maybe I'm reading/understanding it wrong...

I'm with you. Clear as mud, right?

Here's the latest (I believe) document.

http://usasfrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/USASF_ImageAppearance-9-21-12.pdf

It's listed as a 'Guideline' but then goes on to say "Athletes with non-full tops must wear a t-shirt or other suitable cover-up..." Nothing about enforcement.

I don't like the rule either especially with all these pretty new uniforms; I want to be able to see them! I think the rule should be revised to state that if athletes want to wear their uniforms during the competition then they must be in FULL UNIFORM. No walking around in sports bras and skirts that are unbuttoned and folded over.

I competed at a WSF comp this past weekend and I remember lots of athletes walking around in just their uniform, no t-shirt over. I had a t-shirt on before I went in to warm-ups but I left it off for the whole rest of the competition.

I really want to see the new uniforms, not a t-shirt covering them up. I love the fact that UA is getting matching warm-ups, but I wish it was up to the team or athlete to decide to wear them or not.

At the competition I attended this past weekend, the teams did not comply with this so called request for the cover up!! There were young and old in the halls walking around in crop tops. We will see how it goes as the season progresses if the rule is more strict, but who is supposed to tell the athletes, the event staff???: "...excuse me but you need to cover up your belly!!!". I don't mean to be rude but how is this going to be enforced? I asked my CP, who wore a full top, and she said that she didn't know if there was a gym-wide policy that they were going to follow, but I don't think they should all walk around in random tees; I think that they should all look like a team and/or a gym so it should be uniform or they should all wear the same thing.

I'm not unhappy to read it's not being enforced on a personal level, however, not enforcing it from the start of the season just makes the guideline null and void imho. I'm a strong believer in meaning what you say and saying what you mean. If the USASF is going to put this out there as a "guideline" and not a "rule", and no measures are taken to make sure it is followed from the start of the season, then why even bother.

I really want to see the new uniforms, not a t-shirt covering them up. I love the fact that UA is getting matching warm-ups, but I wish it was up to the team or athlete to decide to wear them or not.

I am excited to see UA's unis, so maybe they could do a quick catwalk down the middle of the floor at the beginning of a routine? ;)

I am excited to see UA's unis, so maybe they could do a quick catwalk down the middle of the floor at the beginning of a routine? ;)
I'm sure my CP would volunteer to do that in a heartbeat.
BTW, we need to meet in person this weekend. My CP is on Junior 1 Crowns. I'll be the one up front videotaping, and quite possibly turning blue because I'll be holding my breath the entire routine with it being her first time flying in competition.

Excuse me while I do this but it's the first (and probably last) time I've ever be able to say this: I SAW THEM AND I LOVE THEM. Totally different, but I like them. A lot.

Go ahead, yell at me. I must take advantage of this opportunity to be in the know for once. :p

I'm sure my CP would volunteer to do that in a heartbeat.
BTW, we need to meet in person this weekend. My CP is on Junior 1 Crowns. I'll be the one up front videotaping, and quite possibly turning blue because I'll be holding my breath the entire routine with it being her first time flying in competition.
Agreed. I coach Fury S4 and Intensity J2. I am the weirdo at the front of the mat with the bright blue sneakers. :)

Agreed. I coach Fury S4 and Intensity J2. I am the weirdo at the front of the mat with the bright blue sneakers. :)
I sent you a PM. We are definitely meeting this weekend! I'll be in my silver sequin Converse. ;)

Excuse me while I do this but it's the first (and probably last) time I've ever be able to say this: I SAW THEM AND I LOVE THEM. Totally different, but I like them. A lot.

Go ahead, yell at me. I must take advantage of this opportunity to be in the know for once. :p
They showed you?!? That puts you ahead of about 1/2 of the families at UA then. :) You probably understand now what I meant by it being a different style for UA. I absolutely love the new uniforms and can't wait to show them here after the debut.

Back