All-Star Cover Up Rule.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have worked with children of abuse, including victims of sexual abuse. It is sad because comments like this are extremely hurtful and detrimental. They already struggle with issues such as blaming themselves. :(

Changes were made to improve the image of cheer, to show professionalism, that cheer is a true sport, to attract new people to cheer who might have not considered it before, etc.
I agree. I've just recently commented on thread apologizing to those who I offend. I didn't really mean "asking For it" though I do realize that's how it exactly came across. I wish I would have re-read my thread before hitting the submit/post button. I know that's another thing I need to work on and again, I apologize to all. I'm really not trying to start anything.

I agree. I've just recently commented on thread apologizing to those who I offend. I didn't really mean "asking For it" though I do realize that's how it exactly came across. I wish I would have re-read my thread before hitting the submit/post button. I know that's another thing I need to work on and again, I apologize to all. I'm really not trying to start anything.
It came across that way because those are the exact words you wrote....

A couple of years ago I received a survey regarding all star cheer and image. I thought the uniform change and cover up policy were more a result of trying to improve the image of all star cheer rather than a safety issue?? The survey also included questions about music, dance moves, make up, etc. The questions asked were about how I thought the non-cheer public perceived all star cheer so I asked my non-cheer friends the questions and used their responses.
What did they say?

What did they say?
Unfortunately, all they seemed to know about all star cheer was big hair, skimpy clothes, heavy make-up:( It made me sad that the amazing talent and skills are completely over shadowed by appearances. But then what should I expect from a society that puts so much emphasis on appearance???

Unfortunately, all they seemed to know about all star cheer was big hair, skimpy clothes, heavy make-up:( It made me sad that the amazing talent and skills are completely over shadowed by appearances. But then what should I expect from a society that puts so much emphasis on appearance???
I think we should partially blame ourselves. Some gyms go WAY overboard with uniforms and makeup, especially on the little ones.

And, seriously, no. I just spent three hours rolling hair on pink sponge rollers the night before and it takes us over an hour in the morning to get the makeup and hair done, uniform on, half a bottle of hairspray and then you want me to try to stretch a Tshirt over that? We are in FL, there is a lot of uncovered folks. Doesn't bother me in the slightest if someone is walking around the venue in their uniform. Have you seen the girls' hair? There is a lot of us mommas that have spent a ton of time on that hair to not get signaled out for hair problems and there has been a few curse words by mom, a few ouuccchhhh and some general frustration with hairspray and curls. CP is tenderheaded, too. Dragging a Tshirt over the finished look and then back off to compete, hope I don't pull her hair in the process of trying to stretch that Tshirt to death, big hole in the pouf, hair now sticking out? Nope, babe, it looks great, that didn't frizz your hair out. Her attitude just took a dive and she's feeling my frustration. We still had glitter eye shadow, too, last year, that knocks glitter off. I've got glitter in my eye!!!! No thank you.

What about a really oversized tank top if they had to cover up with the massive head hole that may work.

I personally would like it to be enforced in the uk but the uniforms arent the issue as most junior under are full tops ots after they compete they put booty shorts and sports bras on they bought from the vendor

I feel like walking around an arena with just a half naked uniform on before you compete and after you compete, is just asking child molestation and rape.
I'm a lurker on these boards, hardly ever post or respond but i have to on this.. I can't believe that you would say something so ridiculous and insensitive. You really need to be banned from this board. Please can one of the moderators get rid of this poster.

What about a really oversized tank top if they had to cover up with the massive head hole that may work.

I personally would like it to be enforced in the uk but the uniforms arent the issue as most junior under are full tops ots after they compete they put booty shorts and sports bras on they bought from the vendor

And they might do that sometime, but our gym assigns gymwide Tshirt and shorts that the athlete should be in Saturday and Sunday while not in uniform the entire weekend and tank tops haven't been an option. Your CP is supposed to wear the Tshirt and shorts even away from the venue and pretty much everyone does. Guess no one wants to be the one caught in the elevator with the owner since we all stay at the same hotel. She is strict on appearance. Your warmup with the assigned Tshirt is okay, too. And CP and I learned that the athlete's shoes should be on when out of your hotel room is expected, too, this past season. :oops:

They expect you to wear your cheer shoes out and on the street? They'll get ruined!

No, just not barefoot in the hotel. The kids were down in the deli of the hotel getting food with one of the moms and they didn't have any shoes on, they were bringing food back to room but it was felt it was inappropriate to be walking about without shoes on in hotel. ;)

But we do bring two pairs of cheer shoes by choice, not required. Last season's to walk to and from venue, street, etc., and comp shoes for once there.

No, just not barefoot in the hotel. The kids were down in the deli of the hotel getting food with one of the moms and they didn't have any shoes on, they were bringing food back to room but it was felt it was inappropriate to be walking about without shoes on in hotel. ;)

Ah ok that's more reasonable. Good cheer shoes are too expensive (and too white) to just wander around in.

Could you do this on everything you write and then DELETE IT and not post anything? Ever.

Y'all quite feeding the troll, please.

Where is that meme? Someone? Help?

Back