All-Star Dangers Of Cheerlebrity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If only people were as dumb as they are in Hannah Montana. I mean, I love the Hannah Montana movie, but...her hair is just a different color...Like, how is it really throwing people for a loop? It has always frustrated me.
Hahah and a she has a different haircut with the Hannah Wig! It always bugged me when her friend dressed but to be that Lola chick when she went to the concerts...like girl you have bright blue or purple or red hair, obviously that is fake.

It's one thing to look up to skilled cheerleaders and admire them in a someday I want to be like them way, but following at competitions and stuff is just out of hand. But then yeah, all over instagram you always see follow so and so, they are one XYZGYM level 5 team. It's just annoying. I don't follow these people because they are "cheer famous" and I want them to reply to my tweets, I follow these people because of what they can do out on the blue mat. I feel so bad for Matt Smith. Okay, sorry if all this has been said, but I just wanted to put my words in anyway.

Also, why do we need cheerleb signed bows and stuff. I guess maybe if you had like a bow signed by every member of a word champ team that might be kinda cool, but just one person signing it and then selling it is just silly to me. I am just over the whole cheerleb thing. It's the teams that need the recognition. There is no I in team

With all the craziness, I really can't help but empathize with Maddie, Matt, and other "cheerlebrities"

I will say, however, I don't feel bad for cheerleaders changing their names, making their own line of shirts and self-promoting themselves towards fame.

I stalked Matts twitter a little bit. The fact that he needed a bodyguard and they had to take them him out the emergency exit is just crazy. Is it really that crazy that he needed all that?

I think following them of twitter/instagram is ok to a point. My CP follows a few CA athletes and CEA athletes along with a few other "Cheerlebrities" but thats all she does. Follows them. She doesn't post, she doesn't retweet, she doesn't like. All she likes to do is see their competition results and see this pictures. I don't see anything wrong with that, And I do monitor all of her social Media. ;)

She has been to a few competitions to watch, where their were big name gyms and she watched them from the audience. We passed one team in the hallway and I thought she was going to pass out but she kept walking and that was that.

People can act normal it also depends on the parenting of that child/teen/tween.

how about instead of bashing on the VERY FEW athletes that are the focus of this idol status for being in this position. (really like maybe 20 kids out of the 10's of thousands that cheer??) ...like saying they asked for it, or they need to get rid of their social media, or "I HATE CHEERLEBRITIES" maybe the coaches and gym owners can instruct their athletes to leave others alone during competitions. same way you teach sportsmanship and how you dress at comps, teach them how to treat fellow athletes. The problem is NOT the popular athletes its the kids chasing them!
A five minute talk to your team as you leave for a comp. would do wonders

Why is it always someone else's fault? People need to teach their children to behave and be respectful. For my daughter, the "cheerlebrities" in her life are the senior team at her gym. She follows them around like a lemming sometimes at open gym. I allow it to a degree because they are a fantastic influence (you should see what it does to her tumbling to have 10 12-16yos watching her and going "wow!!" so sweetly) but after a while she gets to be too much and I have to call her off of them. She's a little young to care much about "real" cheerlebrities but I would not allow her to hound those children by following them.

It's not the responsibility of the gym the cheerlebrity is from or their parents, or coaches, or bodyguards, or even the EP, to teach my child what is acceptable behavior, it is mine. If I were a coach and this was a problem in my gym, I would go to the parents first.

Why is it always someone else's fault? People need to teach their children to behave and be respectful. For my daughter, the "cheerlebrities" in her life are the senior team at her gym. She follows them around like a lemming sometimes at open gym. I allow it to a degree because they are a fantastic influence (you should see what it does to her tumbling to have 10 12-16yos watching her and going "wow!!" so sweetly) but after a while she gets to be too much and I have to call her off of them. She's a little young to care much about "real" cheerlebrities but I would not allow her to hound those children by following them.

It's not the responsibility of the gym the cheerlebrity is from or their parents, or coaches, or bodyguards, or even the EP, to teach my child what is acceptable behavior, it is mine. If I were a coach and this was a problem in my gym, I would go to the parents first.

I agree with you 100 percent! if ALL parents did this there would be no problem! same as sportsmanship and other "life" issues! I just know that most gyms have their pre comp "talk" about the upcoming event and they could address this issue as well!

How many Instagram followers must one have to qualify? And is it tiered for the number of times you end up on the popular page? #DeepQuestions

I haven't looked at Instagram in a while. I really didn't get all that excited for it a while ago so when I was told a few peeps of 100K followers I was quite interested. once I went on there and looked at the ecosystem I understand it a bit better. There is no retweet type feature on Instagram (this is very important). So information spreads a lot slower.. unless you make the popular page. When Twitter was linked up to instagram a lot of followers would make the hop over (it was pretty easy). But now instagram doesnt hook up to twitter that easily.. so growth has stymied. People with a lot of followers post a pic that gets liked easily and make the popular page, which in turn attracts a lot more followers because there is no other easy way to gain followers. And since it is hard to gain followers easy because no retweet the popular remain popular and get more popular and its harder for others to make the jump And I bet a lot of them are not cheer related. 100K would represent at most over half the allstar market... and I doubt most of those are adults. It is quite an interesting phenomenon.

More like a Bilderburg for Cheerlebrities. We could have sessions on Magazine
Covers; Avoiding the Unwanted Photo Request; Advanced Crowd Interaction!

Then ASCheerMan could wrap up with an afternoon session where we vote on who gets to win which events the next year. Probably should book it for June.
It would certainly be easier than doing this whole judges training thing. :)

This is on the list of items to address for NCA All-Star Nationals. Via email, our Facebook Coaches Group, Pre-Event Webinar and Coaches Meeting, we will dedicate time to 'Athlete Ettiquette' and what's expected both in the Practice Room and in the hallways.

At the end of the day though, it will still be the job of each gym owner to make sure their athletes behave appropriately on-site.

Back