All-Star December 2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Twist & Shout Diamonds

While I totally feel sorry for how much those boys are overworked, admire how well they must be conditioned, the insanity that was the solo dance in the middle of the pyramid and the general awe for overall routine, little fangirl me picked up on more Panic! At The Disco in the cheer mix and got distracted for a few seconds. Whoopsie. Really liking Diamonds this year though.

I'm okay with some sass here and there but oh good Lord...no. I would be embarrassed to see a video of me doing that. I know it's easy to get caught in the moment and not realize just how over the top you can make things so I'm hoping she changes her mind or the coaches say something. It made me uncomfortable to watch and it was incredibly distracting.

I know it's a bad angle, but all this hype, and I'm very underwhelmed by smoke.

It was a very bad angle. I think they did pretty well for their first time out. With any Rays team, I am sure their coaches have already are making changes, and additions to the routine to increase scoring.

I can't wait to see them at WSF.

And from the looks of twitter they are dealing with some injuries..... I have no doubt this SMOKE will rise.

It's that gyms freedom to choreograph whatever they want. Your opinion as a parent doesn't matter to the coaches of T&S. If they score well, it stays in. If they get a comment about the pyramid choreography.. they will change it. But comparing a minor to a stripper is gross.

No. Choreo like that is. And then we wonder why most people don't consider cheer a sport. (Even though we all know it is(

Last edited:
I'm okay with some sass here and there but oh good Lord...no. I would be embarrassed to see a video of me doing that. I know it's easy to get caught in the moment and not realize just how over the top you can make things so I'm hoping she changes her mind or the coaches say something. It made me uncomfortable to watch and it was incredibly distracting.

Also: T&S teams/flyers are amazing on their own. They don't NEED to do that to add to the routine. It is already awesome.

I know it's a bad angle, but all this hype, and I'm very underwhelmed by smoke.
This probably my fault, I've been posting so much about them recently... [emoji28]

I kept my expectations for this team at a modest level because I knew they're JC Rays' first coed Worlds team. They don't have the same pool of talent to draw from like their Marietta location. Wearing the name of a, previously, very successful team is a lot to take on as a first year team at their location... I'd say give them some time.

The difficulty of their routine seems alright to me. I think if they can execute what they have with good technique, I'd be pretty satisfied as a fan.

Last edited:
It's that gyms freedom to choreograph whatever they want. Your opinion as a parent doesn't matter to the coaches of T&S. If they score well, it stays in. If they get a comment about the pyramid choreography.. they will change it. But comparing a minor to a stripper is gross.
Why do we always resort to this when people point out actual issues? We look past things that we all know are wrong and inappropriate and cry that it is a performance based sport. It was a performance based sport long before these thigh rubs in pyramids became a thing. If you don't think it's appropriate for a child to dance like this normally why is it automatically ok when we slap a uniform on her. Flair and personality is fun and necessary for the sport but when we call a spade a spade.

Last edited:
Why do we always resort to this when people point out actual issues? We look past things that we all know are wrong and inappropriate and cry that it is a performance based sport. It was a performance based sport long before these thigh rubs in pyramids became a thing. If you don't think it's appropriate for a child to dance like this normally why is it automatically ok when we slap a uniform on her. Flair and personality is fun and necessary for the sport but when we call a spade a spade.

I swear... you people wont stop complaining until cheerleading becomes compulsory.

That's still a child comparing her to a stripper is not okay...
I'm thinking that if the child's dance moves weren't choreographed to resemble those seen more commonly in a gentlemen's club where a pole is usually found in the middle of the stage, it wouldn't be necessary to make that reference. Is that better? Not comparing the child but the choreography.

I'm thinking that if the child's dance moves weren't choreographed to resemble those seen more commonly in a gentlemen's club where a pole is usually found in the middle of the stage, it wouldn't be necessary to make that reference. Is that better? Not comparing the child but the choreography.
I just disagree with the sexualization of children

Back