All-Star Design the perfect scoring system

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well then a mistake on a small should be penalized 1.5 times as harshly as a mistake on a large. If you are going to use ratios to give points, then you need to use ratios to take them away. Large teams do a much higher number of "deductible events" in their routines - the penalties should reflect that.

Adjusted Penalty = (Base Penalty) * 30 / (Number on team)

If we drop to 30 and there are enough teams in large to always have large divisions why does that matter?

Wouldnt that only matter if you compete small and large?

I always got annoyed when people would argue that "the best small teams seem so much more consistent than the best large ones." It was even pointed out to me once that Large Senior teams tended to drop "almost twice as much" as the Small Senior ones, therefore the small teams were better stunters and better handled the pressure. I tried pointing out that, in fact, 9 was "almost twice as much" as 5, so that showed they were about equal. I don't think they got it.

It matters because:

1. Teams are not the same size. A team of 21 competing against a team of 30 has nearly the same disparity, even though they are put in the same division.

2. Scores are used to determine bids and grand champions, so whether they technically compete against them directly in their division, they still end up getting their scores compared.

It matters because:

1. Teams are not the same size. A team of 21 competing against a team of 30 has nearly the same disparity, even though they are put in the same division.

2. Scores are used to determine bids and grand champions, so whether they technically compete against them directly in their division, they still end up getting their scores compared.

So you prefer the stick over the carrot method?

Is the point simply to raise the small teams' score or to create a more fair contest between differently-sized teams?

I really don't get why you would be opposed to this. 2 teams having 5% of their full squad standing backs bust should get the same penalty. How is that not fair?

NOTE: I am in favor of using ratios. I just think it cuts both ways.

Is the point simply to raise the small teams' score or to create a more fair contest between differently-sized teams?

I really don't get why you would be opposed to this. 2 teams having 5% of their full squad standing backs bust should get the same penalty. How is that not fair?

NOTE: I am in favor of using ratios. I just think it cuts both ways.

It does, and the thing is your way of increasing deductions if you have less people completely negates the lower to 30. If I have a small team and I can take 2 girls and go large, but I drop one stunt and it kills my score why don't I just stay small where I have a numerical advantage to try harder stuff?

The carrot for people to have large teams is they make the gym more money. Yes it is more risk, but your gym is more profitable.

How about 24 for all divisions?

would solve the 20 to 30 jump and standardize, BUT I dont think the industry is ready for that.

Notice I am not saying it shouldn't happen (not sure yet) but I don't think we are there yet.

PANEL A: Difficulty
Tosses-10
Pyramids-25
Stunts-25
Standing Tumbling-15
Running Tumbling-15
Jumps-10

PANEL B: Execution/Technique/Artistry
Dance-10
Formations/Transitions-10
Creativity-10
Execution of Skills-50
Motions-10
Presentation-10

Deductions for Execution of Skills:
Touchdown- 5
Bobble- 2
Dropped Stunt- 5
Incomplete Rotation- 1

Deductions Revised:
Touchdown- 10
Bobble-5
Dropped Stunt-10
Incomplete Rotation-2
Out of Bounds-5

Please comment...criticism is welcome

Jumps and baskets are completely seperate skillsets from stunts and tumbling. I don't think any skill in cheerleading is worth more than another. My only thing is standing and running are different versions of the same skillset. Maybe have two types of stunts. Elites and team stunts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

How many are needed? 3 per skill to get a skill correctly judged?

well you need 2 to have an average and the FIG uses two judges for difficulty and six for execution....if you used two per skill then you would need 12 for difficulty and then add judges for execution

well you need 2 to have an average and the FIG uses two judges for difficulty and six for execution....if you used two per skill then you would need 12 for difficulty and then add judges for execution

I think you can prob double up some on skills.

Back