All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know it isn't but at Summit it will be so they are doing this to get a bid than compete with different kids.
That is also not illegal. The Summit allows crossovers with several restrictions, and also allows replacement and addition of athletes (within the same division). You could win a bid with 9 athletes in senior 2 and it would be completely legal to get rid of those original nine and replace them with 20 altogether different senior level 5 athletes (assuming 5 or fewer of those athletes competed at worlds, and also assuming that those 20 athletes are not competing on other teams AT THE SUMMIT other than levels 1, 2, 3, or 4.2, and no more than two teams at the Summit per athlete). Although people may find this practice distasteful, it is not against any current rules.

This thread. Wow.
Seriously!
95f619f88e845ab575a41e639cd3a167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is also not illegal. The Summit allows crossovers with several restrictions, and also allows replacement and addition of athletes (within the same division). You could win a bid with 9 athletes in senior 2 and it would be completely legal to get rid of those original nine and replace them with 20 altogether different senior level 5 athletes (assuming 5 or fewer of those athletes competed at worlds, and also assuming that those 20 athletes are not competing on other teams AT THE SUMMIT other than levels 1, 2, 3, or 4.2, and no more than two teams at the Summit per athlete). Although people may find this practice distasteful, it is not against any current rules.
They had j2, SR 2 and sr4 at the summit last year, but were with LAST years rules. They had kids cross to 3 teams and most of the sr4 was on the j2 (that won the summit) but last year that was ok. This year is a different story.

Thank you for posting hard evidence. That is shocking and disturbing that this type of thing happened.... why are 12 and 13 y/o little girls hanging out with 18 and 21 y/o old MEN? In a hotel room?
I don't like seeing parents who allow their minor children to find themselves in situations such as this. I understand even the best parents can have children who make poor choices but this scenario looks bad. One of the perks of having a teenage Allstar cheerleader is the demanding schedule limits the exposure of drugs & underage drinking. I never thought about all the hotel stays for competitions resulting in exposure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't like seeing parents who allow their minor children to find themselves in situations such as this. I understand even the best parents can have children who make poor choices but this scenario looks bad. One of the perks of having a teenage Allstar cheerleader is the demanding schedule limits the exposure of drugs & underage drinking. I never thought about all the hotel stays for competitions resulting in exposure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You'd be surprised. Especially at Worlds.

Let me say this...without knowing who this gym is (though I know their name), this may be the first time I've ever heard of someone "accidently" cheating. I've been doing this a long time. We all know the age restrictions. We've all made sure we have the current cheer age on every athlete SOMEWHERE so we can reference it. We've all been in situations when you go to use someone, and then realize they aren't age eligible. Never, not once, have I ever even thought about competing someone who wasn't eligible. There's no excuse for what they did. They can say it was an accident and was used to fill in for a sick athlete, but that doesn't hold water with me. If there is no one age eligible, you either mark the stunt, or you exhibition. Last year, we had a car pool get into a pretty serious accident on the way to a competition. No major injuries, but they couldn't make the comp. It affected several teams. We told the EP we would make them all go exhibition and the coaches filled in so the teams could go full out. It happens, but putting a non age eligible athlete on the floor never would have been a consideration. They can be upset all they want that area teams "ganged up" on them. You cheated. Whether you did it purposely or not, you cheated. Now you pay the price.

slay.

I'm so sad Florida is currently competing with Illinois as the craziest cheer state.

I read the report yesterday and was floored. I then did a simple google search (after being told the name of the 'naked' coach) and again was floored at how easy it was to find this piece of information. The thing is; it's not a picture---it's a video and it has HIS name attached to it. Unlike Apple, he didn't change his name or use a peusdoname...I am all for coaches being able to do whatever they want in their off time, but at least hide your identity. Even the coach's police report; honestly I don't think weed is that big of a deal, but add in the other details and it's a whole different level of 'Oh hell no!"

Like I said in the other thread, there comes a time where I begin to question the judgement of the parents involves and wah-lah---we have a shining example of exactly what I meant. I feel horrible for those kids, but I wish even more I could shake the parents out of their haze.

And this is the gym who wants responsibility of state issued IDs??? HA!

Back