All-Star Does Anybody Travel Out Of State To Get To Their Cheer Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My cp's car pool is from NY to NJ for 4 kids in Poughkeepsie and surrounding area. 2 to 3 hrs depending on traffic for starlites, Cosmic Rays, Suns & Odyssey.
A very talented level 5 athlete from my gym got asked to cheer on odyssey, but lives in Guilderland, so it would've been and hour and a half to get to Poughkeepsie alone.

I live in upstate NY but I travel 4 hours to ECE in Tewksbury. I only have practice once a week so my schedule isn't too crazy, but I do get home around 2am and then have to go to school the next day.

my cp would love to go to WC front long island but I don't think it would be manageable. maybe if the were L 5? if were still in Fl i would have probably agreed to drive the journal and half to TG though because there are other girls to do it with. right now we have a girl from Brooklyn that comes to our gym on long island as well as girls who live pretty far out east who drive over an hour to get to us.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

just read some more of the previous posts and i am so intrigued by the opportunities that are offered to some of the athletes. how is any smaller lesser known gym to ever compete fairly when all of this is going on?

If I had practice only once or twice a week in a different state, I could definitely do so. My dads a pilot so I fly for free and I live 30 minutes from the airport. If I was level 5 and no good teams in the area, I could work something out.. But I love my gym and I'm on a level 2 team and I drive 20 minutes :)

just read some more of the previous posts and i am so intrigued by the opportunities that are offered to some of the athletes. how is any smaller lesser known gym to ever compete fairly when all of this is going on?

Be assured that if there was any team in my area that offered the same opportunity or even some thing close to it we wouldn't need to travel. When we made the decision the only options for my level 5 kids were an hour + away, no matter what direction we went. So if we were gonna travel then we travel with purpose to be in a really good program.

There is no regret or comparison to what they get from going to WC gym. This is an experience they wouldn't get by staying local.

As a matter of fact I'm in the parking lot right now. I started my trip at 7:45am and I will not be home Til 3 pm this afternoon.

A lot of people come from Maryland and New Jersey to our gym.. However that's not a long drive.

My CP is only 8yrs, we just go to a local small gym. Driving out of state wouldn't take much. We don't live to far from the state line, about an hour or more depending on where the gym is at -lol- She would have to show me way more dedication for us to drive and be a few years older. She is a natural and doesn't have to work has hard has some of the other girls and thus just doesn't. For the ones that fly, do they purchase tickets or do their families have their own little planes?

With my family we look for a competitive program with opportunity for growth. I have 3 CP's at different levels & I want the level 2 program to be as competitive as my level 5. Thankfully being at CEA we get all of that plus its only a few miles from home. Some programs we looked into had great lower level programs but their level 4/5 programs did not meet our standards ( lack of better words). FOR US I don't think it was about the size or popularity of the gym but the growth our CP's would make a how they mesh with the team.

Back