All-Star Etiquette At Cheer Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Parents or athletes who start yelling and jumping up and down when 2nd place is announced and they know they won. Please sit down and wait for your winning team to be announced. You can jump and scream all you want but be respectful of the second place team and parents. That's my pet peeve.

Similar etiquette issue. I don't see it with school but my kids who also cheer all stars have noticed it:

Kids running up to kids in warm ups/eating with their families/etc. asking for photos/autographs.

Some kids love the attention. Others don't.

There are probably kids on well-known teams who are not into people wanting them to sign stuff. To run up to kids based on their uniform and ask for that, when they are trying to eat/warm up/relax is rude.

Last edited:
My number one pet peeve by far is when people get in priority viewing to watch their team, then stay and block our teams. I understand our worlds teams can be popular but it's irritating when random people are blocking me from seeing my best friends/coaches/boyfriend competing. Ive been completely blocked so many times and I don't think people understand how upsetting it is when those are our brothers and sisters up there.
We were blocked by a whole gym when trying to get to VIP area to watch our team. Music started and not one of us had gotten thru to be up front! They would not move to let us by. Their team was AFTER us, never been so mad!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parents or athletes who start yelling and jumping up and down when 2nd place is announced and they know they won. Please sit down and wait for your winning team to be announced. You can jump and scream all you want but be respectful of the second place team and parents. That's my pet peeve.
This is ingrained in our kids heads...be gracious and wait your turn! We were absolutely appalled when we attended US Finals in Topeka, Kansas in 2014...we saw multiple teams precelebrating. The Nebraska team that took 2nd to our team thanked our coach after and told her how much she appreciated that our team allowed her team a chance to celebrate their placement. Our team even applauded for them, which we were not seeing happen either. It's really sad that some programs don't teach this to their kids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned, teams need to keep their butts glued to the floor until 1st place is officially called; no jumping around and celebrating, no matter how excited you are.

I was always taught never to celebrate early, and I hold other athletes to that standard.

As far as I'm concerned, teams need to keep their butts glued to the floor until 1st place is officially called; no jumping around and celebrating, no matter how excited you are.

I was always taught never to celebrate early, and I hold other athletes to that standard.
AND THIS GOES FOR THE PARENTS IN THE STANDS AS WELL!!!! It is just important for the parents to be doing this. Lead by example.

I seriously wonder how parents of kids on more popular/well-known teams ever actually SEE their kids perform.
Well being 6'4" (okay, not really LOL @Mamarazzi ) does have it's advantages, but even when it's my own CP's team, I try to make sure that I am not blocking other team parent's views. This year, I have had to be a little quicker and more aggressive to see our team LOL.

We were blocked by a whole gym when trying to get to VIP area to watch our team. Music started and not one of us had gotten thru to be up front! They would not move to let us by. Their team was AFTER us, never been so mad!!!

Sometimes it gets confusing as to who is next. I almost wish the loading area had two sections - one for on deck and one for in the hole.

Well being 6'4" (okay, not really LOL @Mamarazzi ) does have it's advantages, but even when it's my own CP's team, I try to make sure that I am not blocking other team parent's views. This year, I have had to be a little quicker and more aggressive to see our team LOL.

@Mamarazzi said you were an amazon lmao.

i will go in VIP to see my friends kids or kids from my carpool but i always stand in the back and move down for the dads videotaping.

Cheerleaders crowding the elevator at a comp while people who need it (folks in casts/wheelchairs/elderly/people with other special needs) have to wait.
This is along the same lines: cheerleaders riding the elevators for fun at the hotel and treating it like a personal hangout space.

This happened to me in Indy. I'm hobbling with crutches and there's 4 girls looking at me like I'm invading their space any time we entered the elevator (we were on the 7th floor!). A few times people had to tell them to take their feet off the handrails so people could get in.

This goes more for hotel etiquette, but please do not be having a party in your room at 2am. This weekend our hotel neighbors were carrying on having a good ole time until 3 am. Then when loud girl decides she needs to go to her room she is yelling down the hall that she needs to go. Hotel walls are thin please be respectful of those of us that need to sleep.

Back