All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts 2

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay guys, I need some opinions. I guess I'll write about it in this thread because I'm not sure if this person is a "fake" or not. I'm starting to get a little freaked out though!

So I got a mention on twitter from someone I didn't know saying they were searching "gymnastics" on google and came across my tumblr.:confused: (which is weird, because I have no connection to me ever being a gymnast on my tumblr page. Cheer yes, gymnastics..no. You'd have to know me or do some serious stalking to know I did gymnastics before cheerleading). They made a twitter account JUST to tell me how they think I'm gorgeous and a great gymnast and blahblah.

I was flattered, but caught off guard by this random fan who, quite frankly, seemed a little creepy. I'm the faaarthest thing from a great gymnast, and the last time I competed was 2006. This person must've done some serious digging on google to come across me.. I made my tweets private so this person doesn't know what I'm doing at all times now. Kind of a reality check for people who put their lives on social media for any one to see! You never know who's, uhm, admiring you. Should I be worried about this person?

I believe she removed that post. I did check the World Cup Twitter (got the twitter account straight from their website) and there is not like that posted.

I am also wondering about the Twitter trend #prayforcarly

I saw this on Sunday. Right after one went out saying it was due to how hard the coaches worked them (SS and CR) at practice - not actual death. Probably sent out for attention or to see if people would pick up on it. It definitely caught my eye, but thankfully, it was a play on words.

My 7 year old has an iphone5 and ipad4....:0 but she had an iPhone3 at the age of 5!! But I use to work for AT&T so I get major deals. I would have never bought her an iPhone to begin with!! Quite a few kids on her team have iPads that are around the age of 10 and they had the iPads before she got one! (That's why she has one now because some of the kids had them at competition and she didn't and she was stuck playing on her iPhone!)

My dad bought the iPad not ME! You would not believe how many customers I have sold iPhones to for little kids!!! It's really common!! I'm not sure I would have allowed it had I not worked at AT&T and seen how normal that is. I didn't get a cell phone till 7th grade but didn't have my own laptop till my senior year in high school (2006).. Things are so different now! Lol
Oh no! Only her iPhone 5 ;)

Okay guys, I need some opinions. I guess I'll write about it in this thread because I'm not sure if this person is a "fake" or not. I'm starting to get a little freaked out though!

So I got a mention on twitter from someone I didn't know saying they were searching "gymnastics" on google and came across my tumblr.:confused: (which is weird, because I have no connection to me ever being a gymnast on my tumblr page. Cheer yes, gymnastics..no. You'd have to know me or do some serious stalking to know I did gymnastics before cheerleading). They made a twitter account JUST to tell me how they think I'm gorgeous and a great gymnast and blahblah.

I was flattered, but caught off guard by this random fan who, quite frankly, seemed a little creepy. I'm the faaarthest thing from a great gymnast, and the last time I competed was 2006. This person must've done some serious digging on google to come across me.. I made my tweets private so this person doesn't know what I'm doing at all times now. Kind of a reality check for people who put their lives on social media for any one to see! You never know who's, uhm, admiring you. Should I be worried about this person?
I might be a bit concerned- but I'd also check if you happen to have the same name to another person who's a gymnast. Like there's another Kristen who's an actress, who has my same last name, except she spells hers slightly differently.

But if not, I'd tread carefully. That's a fair bit of years to go back digging to find that info out..

I might be a bit concerned- but I'd also check if you happen to have the same name to another person who's a gymnast. Like there's another Kristen who's an actress, who has my same last name, except she spells hers slightly differently.

But if not, I'd tread carefully. That's a fair bit of years to go back digging to find that info out..
I googled my name to check to see if what you said was a possibility and I'm the only me there is! My last name is long and German and uncommon so no one even comes close. But when I googled my name, my gymnastics scores from meets in 2005 do come up, along with pictures (not that any are particularly impressive but still, information I did not know was on the internet)
My secret admirer stopped contacting me so I'm not worried too much. Naturally, I just thought it was weird that this person contacted me out of nowhere :confused:
Thanks for your input, Kristen!

i think you're doing the right thing now, but also keep in mind that some people sort of combine gymnastics and cheerleading when they dont know better. Ive had so many people ask me how gymnastics is and how they love watching gymnastics, when really its cheerleading. just something to think about :)

I googled my name to check to see if what you said was a possibility and I'm the only me there is! My last name is long and German and uncommon so no one even comes close. But when I googled my name, my gymnastics scores from meets in 2005 do come up, along with pictures (not that any are particularly impressive but still, information I did not know was on the internet)
My secret admirer stopped contacting me so I'm not worried too much. Naturally, I just thought it was weird that this person contacted me out of nowhere :confused:
Thanks for your input, Kristen!
No problem. :D Although I heard somewhere that your computer is more likely to find stuff about you, particularly if you've looked before. Although how would they know to look for your name :confused: Even still, keep us posted!

I've noticed for the girls who now have 'official' pages (Maddie, Erica), there are less fakes of them. Blessing and a curse?

Sorry for double posting but @grumpycatcheer asked me to include the profile name! The FAKE instagram is grumpy_cat_cheer so don't give them any kitty love. Whoever it is isn't the real cat.

Back