All-Star Favorite Cheerlebrity?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What does Maddie Gardner even do?! In my opinion, she receives too much praise. Why did SHE get her own CNN special?! Like, I'm really not understanding the whole obsession.

*Okay, I'm ready for the attacks.*
As I told fierceT, I don't think it should be acceptable to insult a child on an online forum. She didn't ask for the praise, she is just doing what she loves. She is an awesome flyer, and whether you like her or not, I don't think you should calling out an individual in a negative way. You never know who reads the fierceboard... for example the person who posted right above you is her dad.

What does Maddie Gardner even do?! In my opinion, she receives too much praise. Why did SHE get her own CNN special?! Like, I'm really not understanding the whole obsession.

*Okay, I'm ready for the attacks.*

I don't know, but I love her. Now, I'll give you a life lesson. There is a big world out there, full of opportunity. Put yourself out there and make your way, and I hope success showers down on you like a thunderstorm in July. You are not limiting other's opportunities by making and taking your own. These things are not finite, but infinite, so go grab life with both hands and be everything you want to be moving ahead.

I find it interesting that it's "acceptable" to continually praise a complete stranger, but questioning the legitimacy of another isn't?

I almost don't feel like wasting my breath on the topic. She may not have asked for praise, but when she signed the waiver to be broadcast on cable tv, she knew that it was a double edged sword: with praise comes ridicule. I'm sure with her being on the pedestal she's been on long before the CNN airing, she's aware of this. With that being said, I'm sure (or at least hope) she's mature enough to handle it all.

I don't know, but I love her. Now, I'll give you a life lesson. There is a big world out there, full of opportunity. Put yourself out there and make your way, and I hope success showers down on you like a thunderstorm in July. You are not limiting other's opportunities by making and taking your own. These things are not finite, but infinite, so go grab life with both hands and be everything you want to be moving ahead.

Do we sing Kumbaya now? I feel like you could moonlight as a life coach haha

I don't think anyone is questioning the legitimacy of anyone's critique- however, @kingston and several other moderators have continually reminded everyone to NOT discuss specific minors. Discussing them negatively, I would assume, is also not okay. Keep in mind those you are criticizing are underage :)

Happy Monday.

So... the mentioning of minor athletes whether positive or negative is now against the rules? I've been off of here for a while, so thanks for the update! I'll make a note and begin reporting others that I see committing this error.

I find it interesting that it's "acceptable" to continually praise a complete stranger, but questioning the legitimacy of another isn't?

Well, in all honesty, both exercises are equally valid or invalid depending on your pov. I brought her up to make a bit of a joke, but you know, I have no problems with criticism of her performances or public persona. It is informative. Sometimes it goes over the line, but most of the time it is just kids doing it and I see it as rather harmless.

Wish there was a don't shoot the messenger smiley..

Just repeating what has been mentioned several times right before a thread gets locked. I don't think saying "Gee, so and so didn't point her toes very well in that toe touch" is a bad thing to say, but it crosses a line at some point when people start bashing girls who are still in high school and maybe looked at them the wrong way at a competition once 3 years ago.

Pretty sure she's not a minor.

She's not. Fire away. But as to CNN, you'll have to call the producer, her name is C. Yeager, and ask her why she choose Maddie as the subject for the documentary after looking at multiple options. Does that answer your question? Her call, not ours or anyone else, and we went through this ad nauseum in a CNN thread if you want to look it up in the archives. CNN is not concerned with anything but their own opinion and appears to not respond to outside influence.

I have limited discussion on minors on here quite a few times, but it is hard to make a hard and fast rule about everything. It is up to the admins discretion about how best to moderate said topics. We don't want to discourage praise for individuals (if Miss So and So does something amazing I don't want people to not talk about it). But the leaving of gyms, personal issues... we don't want to completely expose a childs life on here.

Miss Gardner is a special case that isn't repeated often. It will be treated a little bit differently as it is more in the extreme, but I ask people keep their opinions civil. They do not have to agree and criticism is what it is, but there are smarter ways to phrase it.

With celebrity comes the magnifying glass, and I can say Maddie has done a very decent job of dealing with it (from my perspective).

Would like to see what the top 5 cheerlebrities have accomplished in cheer and compare to see who really is the most accomplished individual cheerleader. Everybody has their fav for whatever reason and that's cool but would rather see the facts of what they have done individually in cheer. Top 5 for me would be Kiara, Maddie, Whitney (even though she's in college now- maybe she doesnt qualify anymore?), Kelsey and Taryn. Looking forward to seeing what people really know about these girls accomplishments? I'm no expert on this so I dont have any info. Just something to ponder while it's NOT competition season.

Back