OT Favorite Make-Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I didn't like the first video I did so...I'm not even gonna post it lol :) I'm gonna do a "Money Saving" video first. Lame but...it's something I know a good bit about ;)

IF YOU LIKE MAKEUP..and you want REAL, unbiased reviews about it (as well as hair/nail/beauty products and tools), google search 'Makeup Alley'. I swear by all things Holy, that site has changed my life. It's a forum/review site for beauty products of all shapes and sizes, and you can post/read reviews on products. I've learned so much about what to buy/what not to buy and I've saved myself a killing. You can look up reviews based on skin type/color, and it's all real (unpaid) people. While many YT gurus are getting 'paid' or 'donated' items to do reviews on (which, subsequently, can leave many feeling cheated), MUA rarely steers me wrong. You can also find links in people's notepads to dupes (particularly for MAC/UD colors), and if a cheaper, just-as-good alternative exists. I always read through their boards and learn so much!

As for YT gurus, I used to like pursebuzz, but I LOVE xsparkage. I don't always use her looks, but I find her the most enjoyable to watch. Most of the others I'll glimpse at if I'm looking for something specific.

If you like Bare Minerals, I'd suggest taking a look at EDM (Everyday Minerals). It's online only, but (if it's still going on) you can get a free sample of 4 colors/shades (they have a lot of options) in their 4, yes 4 different formula types (depending on your coverage preference). Also, if the bismuth oxychloride breaks you out (it's in BM and it does it for a lot of people), EDM doesn't have it. Just bought two full sizes (12$ each), plus they have shadows/blush/face powder, etc. I love it!

Also just bought my first and only creme liner- Wet and Wild in Black. I swear to god that stuff is cheap, pigmented, and industrial strength stay-power. If you're getting used to non-pencil liner, DEFDEFDEFDEFDEFINITELY give it a try..

IF YOU LIKE MAKEUP..and you want REAL, unbiased reviews about it (as well as hair/nail/beauty products and tools), google search 'Makeup Alley'. I swear by all things Holy, that site has changed my life. It's a forum/review site for beauty products of all shapes and sizes, and you can post/read reviews on products. I've learned so much about what to buy/what not to buy and I've saved myself a killing. You can look up reviews based on skin type/color, and it's all real (unpaid) people. While many YT gurus are getting 'paid' or 'donated' items to do reviews on (which, subsequently, can leave many feeling cheated), MUA rarely steers me wrong. You can also find links in people's notepads to dupes (particularly for MAC/UD colors), and if a cheaper, just-as-good alternative exists. I always read through their boards and learn so much!

As for YT gurus, I used to like pursebuzz, but I LOVE xsparkage. I don't always use her looks, but I find her the most enjoyable to watch. Most of the others I'll glimpse at if I'm looking for something specific.

If you like Bare Minerals, I'd suggest taking a look at EDM (Everyday Minerals). It's online only, but (if it's still going on) you can get a free sample of 4 colors/shades (they have a lot of options) in their 4, yes 4 different formula types (depending on your coverage preference). Also, if the bismuth oxychloride breaks you out (it's in BM and it does it for a lot of people), EDM doesn't have it. Just bought two full sizes (12$ each), plus they have shadows/blush/face powder, etc. I love it!

Also just bought my first and only creme liner- Wet and Wild in Black. I swear to god that stuff is cheap, pigmented, and industrial strength stay-power. If you're getting used to non-pencil liner, DEFDEFDEFDEFDEFINITELY give it a try..

MUA is great! I also love Specktra.net. Lotta MAC stuff, but there is some other stuff as well. Specktra also has a "clearance bin" - where people sell new/preowned/slightly used makeup if that doesn't freak you out - after you post 50 times/have an account for 50 days. You can access sales like that on LiveJournal, too. Google LiveJournal Mac Cosmetics and you will see :)

The unfortunate thing about a LOT of YT Gurus is that they make is seem like MAC is the only good brand of makeup...and it's not. Wish it wasn't like that, 'cause there are so many great brands out there and they give the impression that everything else is a waste of money.

MUA is great! I also love Specktra.net. Lotta MAC stuff, but there is some other stuff as well. Specktra also has a "clearance bin" - where people sell new/preowned/slightly used makeup if that doesn't freak you out - after you post 50 times/have an account for 50 days. You can access sales like that on LiveJournal, too. Google LiveJournal Mac Cosmetics and you will see :)

The unfortunate thing about a LOT of YT Gurus is that they make is seem like MAC is the only good brand of makeup...and it's not. Wish it wasn't like that, 'cause there are so many great brands out there and they give the impression that everything else is a waste of money.

That's what always bugs me too. You can get quite the collection of pigmented shadows from other places, I'd like to amass myself a MAC dupe list. There are some that people rave about but I'm saving my cash for school lol.

try temptalia.com ! I love it , it's so informative on all things makeup, and there's a dupe-list that's constantly being updated :)

I haven't bought many MAC eye shadows since I purchased all the pallets from Coastal Scents. If you want cheap good eyeshadows in oodles of shades that is the brand I would go with especially if you are just starting a makeup collection. Coastal Scents has saved me a lot of money from not having to buy MAC eyeshadows.

I haven't bought many MAC eye shadows since I purchased all the pallets from Coastal Scents. If you want cheap good eyeshadows in oodles of shades that is the brand I would go with especially if you are just starting a makeup collection. Coastal Scents has saved me a lot of money from not having to buy MAC eyeshadows.

Their gel liners are supposedly just as good as MAC Fluidline, too...and you can actually buy all the colors whenever you want lol.

so i think i'm gonna start doing tutorials and haul videos. i already have an account so subscribe to me (MelanieShira09) and i'll start making videos!

Okayyy so I finally had like 5 minutes out of my crazy-busy life to try one of those cheer-team inspired makeup looks!
I did Cheer Athletics first, I felt like playing with blues :) I'm going for wearable looks, so I did a pretty basic and toned down version.

The flash on my camera made the blue look more intense than it really is... It's hard to make blue look wearable for everyday wear so I did a silvery-white on the lid, a light silver-blue in the crease, and a true-royal blue in the outer third. I blended thatt altogether to tone down the intensity of the blue. Then I took a black gel liner and did a subtle cat-eye to tie in the CA cat theme. Again, I was going for wearable so if you wanna do a really intense winged out cat eye, be my guest!
On the lower lashline, I used a bronze (for my panthersss) eyeliner. Pretty basic, I did it in like 5 minutes.
2zftizc.jpg

Without flash, you can see how subtle it really is.
v4ymqb.jpg

Products used :
Lid : MAC Electra/A white-ish silver from my 88 palette
Crease : Urban Decay Strip eyeshadow
Outer-"V": The royal blue from the coastal scents 88 palette
Liner : MAC fluidline in Blacktrack
Lower Lashline : Urban Decay Baked eyeshadow
Mascara : CG Lashblast

I hopeee you like it! Feedback would be lovely :) <3

That's so cool! I'd love to see you do this with other teams as your inspiration!

Back