OT Favorite Make-Up

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Smudge Pots = if paint pots and fluidlines had a baby, if you're familiar with the MAC gel liners. They're a little less dense than fluidlines, not quite as creamy as a paintpot. I have the chocolate- brown smudge pot from like 3 years ago. It kindof dried out but it's basically just another gel liner that is comparable to any other brand. Nothin specialll, but Kitten is a beautiful color, I have the eyeshadow :)

That's why I wanted to buy it...just for Kitten haha. Would you say they're in any way superior to paint pots? If not, I don't think I'll go for it.

By the way...love your CA look :) My first tutorial is gonna be a blue look. I like how subtle yours is.

That's why I wanted to buy it...just for Kitten haha. Would you say they're in any way superior to paint pots? If not, I don't think I'll go for it.

By the way...love your CA look :) My first tutorial is gonna be a blue look. I like how subtle yours is.

eeee thanks I'm glad you like it :) I've been wanting to do more cheer-looks if people liked them!
and is the smudgepot better than a paint pot? eh, I wouldn't say so. Paint pots are more versatile (shadow bases, worn on their own, used as liners)
Maybe the kitten one would have more uses since it's light and shimmery, not too opaque. I only have the brown smudgepot so I've only ever used it as a liner and I wouldn't use it as anything else. I'd try it in Sephora or something first, it looks beautiful though from photos online! :)

eeee thanks I'm glad you like it :) I've been wanting to do more cheer-looks if people liked them!
and is the smudgepot better than a paint pot? eh, I wouldn't say so. Paint pots are more versatile (shadow bases, worn on their own, used as liners)
Maybe the kitten one would have more uses since it's light and shimmery, not too opaque. I only have the brown smudgepot so I've only ever used it as a liner and I wouldn't use it as anything else. I'd try it in Sephora or something first, it looks beautiful though from photos online! :)

Thanks for the advice! Yeah...my thing with smudge pots is like...how versatile is a black cream product? Not very. There aren't many things the colors they offer can be used for. I may just skip Kitten all together and get the regular shadow. Sighhh. I spend far too much money on make-up.

Definitely keep doing cheer looks!! I'm sure they'll be cute :)

does anyone know if the mac brushes on ebay are authentic? in the descriptions, they have the numbers and brush names but i'm still a little weary..

I wouldn't buy any makeup off of ebay....I wouldn't run the risk that they are used.

I know that many people use the paint brushes from Michaels/AC Moore for makeup, and they work just as well at a fraction of the cost!

does anyone know if the mac brushes on ebay are authentic? in the descriptions, they have the numbers and brush names but i'm still a little weary..

I wouldn't buy them off ebay because a lot of the time they are not authentic. If you are just looking for brushes that are just as good as MAC and are cheaper try Sigma brushes or even Coastal Scents. I have brushes from both companies and find myself using them just as much if not more then I use my MAC brushes. I even bought a few of the Sonia Kashuk brushes from Target and the eye brushes work great and are not that expensive at all.

Also wanted to add that if you do have your eye set on MAC brushes look online and see if there is a CCO near you and you can buy MAC products (some discontinued/limited edition) for cheaper then regular retail price.

MAC from Ebay...never never never never NEVER! MAC is the one cosmetics company that all those counterfeiters in Asia try to fake. Other companies are fine, but never buy MAC from Ebay.

If you want some cheap MAC brushes, check out the LiveJournal MAC Cosmetics community. Tons of people sell their stuff on there and they sanitize it and what not before they send. Plus it's actually authentic! And less than retail.

http://community.livejournal.com/mac_cosmetics

Also...if you're just looking for good but cheap brushes, a few of the ELF eye brushes (don't like any of the face brushes) are actually good. Costco carries them sometimes and they're pretty decent, and EcoTools sells ones that I LOVE and they're cheap (5 for $10ish). Like ztaprincess said, Sigma and Coastal Scents are good too. My favorite foundation brush I've ever had is actually from Target haha.

thanks guys :] i think i'm gonna get my certification in makeup artistry so i think i'm gonna need all the different types of brushes.. but the thing is that i'm BROKE! haha. i'll def check out sigma and coastal scents since i already have every e.l.f. $1 brush :p

Cheer look number 2! Again, another quick look, I took more time trying to get a good picture of it on my crappy camera than actually doing the look :) I just got out of work, so before I took a shower I thought I'd play around with my makeup a little.

This look is based on World Cup and Shooting Stars. A dramatic smoky eye represents what the stawsss are all about :) I used a true yellowish-gold eyeshadow on the lid, a medium toned brown in the crease, and a matte black on the outer third to smoke it all out. A shimmering white was used as a highlight on my browbone and I lined my lower lashline with silver to continue on my worlds-medaling theme. I lined my upper lashline in black and finished off with a few coats of mascara.
wk61e9.jpg

Please ignore the fact that I need to pluck my eyebrows :)

Another shot w/o flash from farther away
j8e1pt.jpg

Again, my looks are wearble and subtle. If you wanna go crazy with the black and smoke it out more for a night time look, just apply the black more intensly and blend it further into the crease.

Products used :
Lid - (Base) MAC Rubenesque Paintpot
(Shadow) MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow
Crease - MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow
Outer "V" - MAC Carbon Eyeshadow
Lower Lashline - A Silver from my 88 palette
Eyeliner - MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack

Sorry it's so much MAC :) I think this look turned out a millllion times better than the CA one. I can work with neutrals muuuuch better than I can color. Your thoughts on my looks are welcomed! If you like them, I'll keep doing more.

That's really pretty!! :)

I checked out some Smudge Pots today at Sephora and now know exactly what you mean about being less creamy than paint pots...they were freakin DRY! Not for me...though I swatched Kitten on my hand and it kept catching my eye all day. Every time I saw it I was like "oooh...so pretty..." Lol kinda bummed it was so dry. It'd make a nice base, but I was looking more for cream liners. Ah well. Fluidline it is.

I went shopping today because I was bored. Picked up some more stuff from the In The Groove line. I got the Love to Love mineralized eyeshadow, the Happy Together mineralized blush, Jazzed up lipstick, and a new Creme d'Nude lipstick.

Then I went to Sephora and looked around but only got some roller ball perfumes in Daisy by Marc Jacobs and Princess by Vera Wang.

Funniest part of the day (for me) is I went to ULTA because i needed a new CHI straightner. I was in there for an hour and picked out a butt load of other stuff on top of a straighter. Well i get up to the counter to pay and she was like "your total is $92.53." I just looked at her really puzzled but swiped my card and left the store. I was in a hurry so I couldn't look at my reciept until I got home but the entire drive I was thinking how the heck did it only cost that. Well come to find out she didn't charge me for the straightner at all. I feel bad because I didn't go back, but it is almost an hour drive back to the store and they were about to close before I left. I feel like it is my birthday and I got a free present.

I went shopping today because I was bored. Picked up some more stuff from the In The Groove line. I got the Love to Love mineralized eyeshadow, the Happy Together mineralized blush, Jazzed up lipstick, and a new Creme d'Nude lipstick.

Then I went to Sephora and looked around but only got some roller ball perfumes in Daisy by Marc Jacobs and Princess by Vera Wang.

Funniest part of the day (for me) is I went to ULTA because i needed a new CHI straightner. I was in there for an hour and picked out a butt load of other stuff on top of a straighter. Well i get up to the counter to pay and she was like "your total is $92.53." I just looked at her really puzzled but swiped my card and left the store. I was in a hurry so I couldn't look at my reciept until I got home but the entire drive I was thinking how the heck did it only cost that. Well come to find out she didn't charge me for the straightner at all. I feel bad because I didn't go back, but it is almost an hour drive back to the store and they were about to close before I left. I feel like it is my birthday and I got a free present.

Wanna give me Creme d'Nude? :) My MAC store is really irritating me at the moment. THEY NEVER HAVE FLUIDLINE. EVER. All they have is Blacktrack and like 4 Wavelines. I've gone in about 4 times in the past month...and nope. Nothing. Getting really angry.

I've done some majoorrrr shopping lately. I'm just waiting for my Marine Life to come in the mail (AHHH :D) and then I'm gonna take a picture of all the goooodies :)

Sweet deal about the straightener though haha

Mine never had the Lady Gaga lipstick I had to get it while I was on vacation. Do you have a MAC store or just a counter? I wish we had an actual store around here but the closest one is almost 2 hours away so we just have a counter. I feel like they are always out of something I need. I went to get a replacement for my carbon eyeshadow and had to wait almost a month before they got more in.

I am tempted to go to the CCO tomorrow but it is 45 minutes away. I have been going makeup crazy lately and it is really really bad lol.

Mine never had the Lady Gaga lipstick I had to get it while I was on vacation. Do you have a MAC store or just a counter? I wish we had an actual store around here but the closest one is almost 2 hours away so we just have a counter. I feel like they are always out of something I need. I went to get a replacement for my carbon eyeshadow and had to wait almost a month before they got more in.

I am tempted to go to the CCO tomorrow but it is 45 minutes away. I have been going makeup crazy lately and it is really really bad lol.

Me too...I totaled up the amount I spent on makeup this month today. Uhm...let's just say it was far more than what I MADE this month haha.

But one of the malls I regularly go to has a store and a counter, one just has a counter. The store is the one that's always out :/ But they never sell out of the stuff that regularly goes really quickly? Like they have a tonnnn of Delft paint pots and I went in there two days ago to get some stuff and they had like...10 By Candelight MSF's left. Naturally I bought one. Haha. But then they're out of all Fluidlines, which aren't even L.E. or hard to get? Booooo. BUT I just saw that Nordstrom still has Petticoat MSF's left...so I may be buying one :) Excited for that. Lame about Gaga :( I just got mine this week haha

I wanna go to our CCO, too! I've never been. It's about 45 minutes from me, as well. Worth the trip, I'm sure.

I wanted Petticoat but the counter we have no longer has it or Stereo Rose. I already got a Stereo Rose but was going to go back to get a Petticoat and they told me today that they won't get anymore of either in. They had some other random MSFs in the holders for the In The Groove display.

Also sad because our counter didn't get to carry the Alice + Oliva stuff and by the time I got online to order it a lot was already sold out. I wonder if the CCO has that stuff yet or if they have to wait until the next collection comes out to get it in.

Back