OT Favorite Movies - Top Ten List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Well I would have missed that... It didn't exist when I was in high school. We watched Hoosiers, though!

It came out when I was in 9th or 10th grade

First time I saw it was in my ACT/SAT prep class taught by a man named "Coach Harrell". I couldn't even begin to tell you what he coached...I don't even think he coached

We also watched Hoosiers (which I didn't like) and it's also the class where I saw Lean on Me for the first time.

All movies that had absolutely nothing to do with the ACT or SAT

We watched an " unrated" version of Romeo and Juliet in 9th grade English-scandalous! And Lord of the flies in one of my English classes- we always had to watch movies relating to what we were reading or the classics. I don't really remember watching fun movies lol but maybe we did at times.

#1 easy is Gone With The Wind.

After that, in no particular order

- John Q
- Pocahontas
- shawshank redemption
- Man on Fire
- Aladdin
- twilight (any)
- Dear John
- anchorman
-

My favorites are:

Gone With the Wind
Ten Things I Hate About You
Heathers
Mean Girls
The Sixth Sense
A Beautiful Mind
Labyrinth
Dirty Dancing
Pitch Perfect
The Blind Side

and there are so many more I could add to this list!

1. Just Friends
2. Titanic
3. Perks of Being a Wallflower
4. Step Brothers
5. Wolf on Wallstreet
6. Rudy
7. The Blind Side
8. Hunger Games
9. Divergent
10. Remember the Titans

And of course any Disney movie!

I was very sad to realize I left my fav Hugh Grant trio off my list - Notting Hill, Four Weddings and a Funeral and About a Boy. Carry on.

I'm going to make mine a top 11 because I'm a rebel.

The Godfather
To Kill a Mockingbird
Gone With the Wind
Life of Brian
Beauty and the Beast
It's a Wonderful Life
The Wizard of Oz
E.T.
The Sound of Music
Star Wars
The Breakfast Club

1. Hunger Games (all the movies that have been released so far)
2. The Hobbit movies (yes all three)
3. Lord of the rings triology
4. Both Star Trek movies
5. The fault in our stars
6. The Thor movies (maybe a bit biased since that comic is basedon norse mythology and i grew up hearing those stories.)
7. Avengers
8. Raise your voice (i was a HUGE fan of Hilary duff when i was younger. still love this movie to this day.)
9. The princess diaries 1 and 2 (yeah dont hate on me for loving them..)
10. the swedish movie series abouth Wallander (some of you may have seen the british versions.)

I have e few more also. most of them are Marvel movies or in the sci fi fantasy genre.

I am really bad at picking favorites, but I'll try and list some:

-Monsters Inc.
-My Fair Lady
-Pride and Prejudice
-Mean Girls
-The Incredibles
-Pretty much any disney movie
-Into the Woods (the recorded performance with Bernadette Peters)
-Phantom of the Opera 25th at the Royal Albert Hall (it's on Netflix!)
-Garden State
-The Truman Show (we had to watch it in school, and I liked it!)

Probably my current favorite movie is Once. It's a musical, but it has beautiful alternative/folk music instead of what you'd typically expect. It was a low budget, somewhat indie movie made about two characters living in Dublin, called guy and girl. The girl encourages guy to record his music, and they begin to fall in love. It sounds pretty cheesy, but I promise it isn't! I strongly recommend it to everyone!

1. Hunger Games (all the movies that have been released so far)
2. The Hobbit movies (yes all three)
3. Lord of the rings triology
4. Both Star Trek movies
5. The fault in our stars
6. The Thor movies (maybe a bit biased since that comic is basedon norse mythology and i grew up hearing those stories.)
7. Avengers
8. Raise your voice (i was a HUGE fan of Hilary duff when i was younger. still love this movie to this day.)
9. The princess diaries 1 and 2 (yeah dont hate on me for loving them..)
10. the swedish movie series abouth Wallander (some of you may have seen the british versions.)

I have e few more also. most of them are Marvel movies or in the sci fi fantasy genre.
My kids watched Raise Your Voice a gazillion times. Hillary Duff was actually their first concert :).

Back