All-Star From Les Stella (the Rulesguy) About Cea Live Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Chairs make me squirm, which is possibly the WORST thing you can do when flying a chair.

Am I the only one who has no idea what squad chairs are?

Chair:

TossChair.jpg

it is easily made legal without any break from the "tumbling" to the "stunt"

how? any bump or contact to the back flip without clear separation from the tumbling is illegal. Assisted and/or spotted tumbling is considered stunting, and so any time you have any contact with the flier[tumbler] it becomes a stunt transition. As per the example, you cannot tumble directly into a backflip. I heard Les himself say the reason for the clarification and explanation in the rules was to prevent roff bhs rewinds and calling them spotted tumbling.

The way I am reading the rule it doesn't seem like it would be easy or possible to make it legal. Those that mention Stars doing it last year may be right, but I believe someone else also mentioned that the rule is different this year so just because it could be made legal last doesn't mean it can be this season.

does CEA have any ioc 5 or 6 teams?

They have an IOC5 team that was at the Showcase but didn't do an actual routine just some stunting and random tumbling. Not sure if they will be a worlds team or not since someone mentioned the center flyer at the showcase is also on senior elite.

They have an IOC5 team that was at the Showcase but didn't do an actual routine just some stunting and random tumbling. Not sure if they will be a worlds team or not since someone mentioned the center flyer at the showcase is also on senior elite.

They haven't been a worlds team in the past-we competed against them two years ago at Indy and remember hearing they weren't a worlds team because of too many crossovers.

how? any bump or contact to the back flip without clear separation from the tumbling is illegal. Assisted and/or spotted tumbling is considered stunting, and so any time you have any contact with the flier[tumbler] it becomes a stunt transition. As per the example, you cannot tumble directly into a backflip. I heard Les himself say the reason for the clarification and explanation in the rules was to prevent roff bhs rewinds and calling them spotted tumbling.

change how the "tumbling" is performed

If I understand the issue, the only part of the SE routine that is "illegal" is that part of the transition. I assume from the OP there are other parts of other routines that must be illegal also. Any ideas? I do think there is a pretty straight forward fix to this issue, and yes the fix is more a risk to the flyer, specifically the knee if what I am told is correct. However, unlike some here, I really do not have the time and interest to get into the rules to that level. Just got in from practice, if that tells you anything.

I have a question, what about in junior elite the opening? Where the girls do the "tucks" but are really just flipping over someone elses back? Is this sorta like top guns backhandsprings where the guys and girls flip each other?

If I understand the issue, the only part of the SE routine that is "illegal" is that part of the transition. I assume from the OP there are other parts of other routines that must be illegal also. Any ideas? I do think there is a pretty straight forward fix to this issue, and yes the fix is more a risk to the flyer, specifically the knee if what I am told is correct. However, unlike some here, I really do not have the time and interest to get into the rules to that level. Just got in from practice, if that tells you anything.

I think the other potential issues are in the pyramid, with needing certain amounts of catchers and connections being maintained for longer through some transitions, but I haven't really watched it since sunday and didn't watch it looking for violations. But I'm sure she'll have those fixed.

I think the other potential issues are in the pyramid, with needing certain amounts of catchers and connections being maintained for longer through some transitions, but I haven't really watched it since sunday and didn't watch it looking for violations. But I'm sure she'll have those fixed.
I also remember her saying something about more girls being on the floor than actually competing, some girls away for the showcase so things would be changed, etc. Only a few days to see a more final result! :D

Back