All-Star Gabi Butler New Team Debut "lionheart"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aside from what everyone mentioned already..I did not get the first part of the dance at all. It looked like freestyling.

Anxious to see what they put out at NCA though..will they have another practice before then?

I love how most teams will add several extra all day practices, in addition to their usual 3 times a week regular practices to prep for NCA, and here we're wondering if this team will get together once before heading to Dallas! So crazy. Like maybe they'll just all come a day early and get together in a hotel ballroom w/ some panel mats to figure out their pyramid and go full out for the first time in day one warm ups? Lol.

If this team wasn't talking about all season and if Gabi wasn't the catalyst for it, we wouldn't care. It would just be another team that showed up with athletes who wanted to cheer together or cheer with Gabi. Was the performance excellent? No. But all the hype led us to expect more. If they pull it together, great. If they don't, whatever. There is always next year. Gabi will still be popular and talented and connected in the cheer world.

She is partnered with Powerhouse Elite. Half kids from NC and half from other locations. They sometimes practice in Atlanta. Sometimes in NC. It is incredibly hard to start a new gym in this area with worlds teams. I know. Tried it for two years with a gym that a lot of kids from Powerhouse came from. Kudos to them for trying something different in this area. They are being coached by people with several years experience. I don't remember who did choreo. We know lots of families in this program. They competed this weekend to get a feel for how things would go on mat. Can't wait to see what they bring to the area. This is a dog eat dog area and you have to have a thick skin to make it as a gym owner. Best of luck to them and their endeavors.

So Powerhouse Elite is a pre-existing gym that has their own teams? And had a handful of level 5 kids with no worlds team, so Gabi brought her Level 5 friends up to NC to make a team? Or am I still not understanding this properly?

So are the IOC5-Worlds and SR5-Summit teams out of Delray not happening? Is the gym she was opening in Daytona Beach not happening? This is why you should maybe hire a marketing/PR firm to announce your new program versus an 18 year old on social media.

I know a couple weeks back they met in Jacksonville and practiced at Davis Allstars. From what it looks like, they're all friends who wanted to cheer together and they're just having fun. Maybe she's had her years of being highly competitive and wants to enjoy her last couple years in cheer?

So Powerhouse Elite is a pre-existing gym that has their own teams? And had a handful of level 5 kids with no worlds team, so Gabi brought her Level 5 friends up to NC to make a team? Or am I still not understanding this properly?

So are the IOC5-Worlds and SR5-Summit teams out of Delray not happening? Is the gym she was opening in Daytona Beach not happening? This is why you should maybe hire a marketing/PR firm to announce your new program versus an 18 year old on social media.
Yes powerhouse is its own program

From my understanding many of the NC kids are now alternates. Many of the guys made the team from NC. Which are older.. and not considered kids.

Well I guess there is always a starting point. I know I would be disappointed if my child was on a team and they were trying to get

PHE was pre-existing. Has 3 other teams. I don't know the answer to your other questions. And I'm pretty sure the owner of PHE knows all about marking as he is a successful businessman in the area. Just wishing them the best of luck.

PHE was pre-existing. Has 3 other teams. I don't know the answer to your other questions. And I'm pretty sure the owner of PHE knows all about marking as he is a successful businessman in the area. Just wishing them the best of luck.

I'm sure PHE knows about marketing, but is Lionheart really a PHE team or are they simply using the PHE brand? That would be two drastically different things.

It appears Gabi was used as a marketing tool for the gym. If you visit their website yo can see several events featuring her. I know when they first open they had a camp where she was signing autographs.

I love how most teams will add several extra all day practices, in addition to their usual 3 times a week regular practices to prep for NCA, and here we're wondering if this team will get together once before heading to Dallas! So crazy. Like maybe they'll just all come a day early and get together in a hotel ballroom w/ some panel mats to figure out their pyramid and go full out for the first time in day one warm ups? Lol.

I think this is more common with IO teams than people realize.

They have working adults and college students on them.

There are instances in which a team may have never even had all teammates present to do a full out until right before a comp due to schedules.

There are instances in which a team may have never even had all teammates present to do a full out until right before a comp due to schedules.
I actually can't think of many that operate that way. Feel free to name a few.

Our gym is one of those. University cheer is coming to a close, they have tryouts, usually one or two comps for a shot at a bid, World's then done. All of them are generally university cheer, adults and coaches that are well seasoned and conditioned athletes with a lot of experience.

It sounds strange to read this somehow
Our senior teams over here are basically all only college students or working adults, mixed with a few school kids. And yet we still practice 2-3 times a week in general
I find it very interesting how different our cultures are when it comes to this, i am guessing it is different in the us because you guys maybe work more hours and University might be different too, i have no idea though

Nothing exceptional.

For a 'like-minded group of individuals who are incredibly dedicated to cheer'...? Now, a group of friends not in the mood to commit to any one gym who want to come together and compete for fun...sure. That works.
Depends on your definition of "that works"...I'm thinking yours and mine are similar LOL. I can totally understand how these friends want to just get together and see what happens. As a parent, as long as they are paying the bills, what harm can it do? Now, if I was footing any part of that cost, I am going to want commitment, schedule, focus, and a estimate of costs. It seems that these athletes are on the older side, with lots of experience, time on their hands, and just want to have fun. Good for them. There is nothing wrong with that as long as no one is getting hurt or misled.

Back