All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's not so much that the degree is nothing, it's just that the standards and work put into earn that degree was basically nothing.
That too! But degrees that are extremely general - Communications and Psychology come to mind, and I am sure I will offend people by specifically mentioning these two - unless you have interned and networked and found yourself a niche within those fields or developed a game plan for what happens after you get that degree - are not worth all that much when it comes to finding that first job just based on that piece of paper that pronounces you a college graduate.

That too! But degrees that are extremely general - Communications and Psychology come to mind, and I am sure I will offend people by specifically mentioning these two - unless you have interned and networked and found yourself a niche within those fields or developed a game plan for what happens after you get that degree - are not worth all that much when it comes to finding that first job just based on that piece of paper that pronounces you a college graduate.
Yep. My brother's degree is in Communications. He hasn't a clue what he wants.

Especially if you come out of college with a degree in basically nothing, like so many people do these days.

That's totally me! I have a degree in Sociology and I don't have any bigger regrets than not getting a better/useful degree. The classes were super interesting to me and I did really well in them but I have no plans or dreams to do anything with that degree other than put it on a resume as graduating from college.

I tell anyone going into Psychology, unless you're going into Graduate School for your Master's and a state licensure; don't waste your time. A B.S. in Psychology isn't even worth the paper it's printed on in the real world.

I have a degree in teaching. I enjoy it, but many of my friends that went to work for a company, stayed with them long term, and are now managers make more than double what I make. They also don't have the big student loans.

Last edited:
I have a political science degree and work in political journalism. When I first visited my school after acquiring my job, one of the professors was like "oh wow, a job in your field!"

...Thanks for having so much faith in me.

The university I went to charged by how many credits you take per semester. So per semester i would only pay $2200.00 plus books. Not to shabby. The other university I went to charged a flat rate which hurt my wallet and hurts me every time I think about it

Can we stop talking about huge student debt and useless degrees bc ya girl is a psyc major using loans to make it thru [emoji28][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a degree in graphic arts (its basically an art degree) and as much as I think I could 100% have learned the same things in an apprenticeship as I could have in school, no one is willing to hire without a 4 year degree and a really good portfolio.

I don't know, maybe art is different but I still don't feel I NEEDED to go to college to learn everything I did. I could've had a good internship/apprenticeship and learned the same things. And have no debt. But whatevs.

Last edited:
I don't even know what I want to do with my major (Math) but I know I don't want to teach it...

I have a degree in graphic arts (its basically an art degree) and as much as I think I could 100% have learned the same things in an apprenticeship as I could have in school, no one is willing to hire without a 4 year degree and a really good portfolio.

I don't know, maybe art is different but I still don't feel I NEEDED to go to college to learn everything I did. I could've had a good internship/apprenticeship and learn the same things. And have no debt. But whatevs.
Preach.

I had a girl friend of mine who ended up dropping out of school after sophomore year (I'd graduated her freshman year). Honestly, she was talented and smart enough to not need to continue. There are those people who you know would be just fine without ever finishing, or finishing in something much later if they wanted.

OTP-One True Pairing
'Ship=To want a couple to be together. Example, Twi fans always wanted to ship Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.
I know this is from the most previous derailment prior to the college degree derailment but I'm compelled to say it.

Shipping real people is creepy and weirds me out. I have no issue shipping characters but shipping the people who play them? Ick! In x-files land There's a whole bunch of "Gillovny" shippers (Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny) out there who are seriously in need of mental health attention. And the stuff they post and tweet is embarrassing to (basically) the human race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back