College Getting Recruited

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 23, 2013
hi,
Was wondering the best way of getting seen/recruited for a good school. My daughters a sophomore right now and her first year on a s5 allstar team, I know that doesn't
sound like college material but she is. See she's been a gymnast for 12 years and has beautiful tumbling and shes still doing some gymnastics when she can. I know its alittle soon to be send out packets but I want to get her on the right path. Could really use some help
thanks,
Kelly

Read the college cheer section. There are threads there discussing this. Could be a good place for you to start.

Cheer Dad = broke dad

Go online to all the school's she is interested in attending for school, find the section of the site for the cheer squad and have your daughter email all the coaches. That will start everything up for you. Coaches don't have time to find athletes as much as they would like to

It's best to determine what type of school and program your daughter is looking for. Does she want to cheer on the sidelines and compete or does she want to pursue an A&T program?

thanks all.. been reading alot :D

Also I think it would be quite beneficial to look at clinics the cheer programs at schools she is interested in are offering and attend them. This way you get a face to face meeting with coaches and and current cheerleaders and are able to get a feel if the programme is a good fit for you.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Also I think it would be quite beneficial to look at clinics the cheer programs at schools she is interested in are offering and attend them. This way you get a face to face meeting with coaches and and current cheerleaders and are able to get a feel if the programme is a good fit for you.

can anyone help with the best to find these college clinics? I have looked at various schools and cannot seem to find much. they seem to be more geared to bringing entire HS teams.

If she interested in acrobatics and tumbling, they have questionnaires on their websites that sophomores and juniors are encouraged to fill out. For info about NCATA and what schools have it and what it is. Check their site...thencata.com.

Thanks Dtaku,
I do think clinics would be a great way to be seen but living in the northeast most colleges are not close..:(

Back