All-Star Got A Phone Call From Disney Regarding Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Additional venue will not decrease the size of the crowd for the more popular divisions. They need to lower the amount of bids given. This will decrease the amount of spectators. Also they should have people walking around the venue making sure rows upon rows of seats are not being saved. I understand 1 or 2 seats maybe the people got up to use the rest room of went for food but people were saving rows of seats is just unreal.If you eliminate half the unpaid bids that would decrease the crowds. All the teams that get eliminated on Friday and their families then became spectators. Worlds should be for the Best of the Best, so they should make it harder to get there. The problem is its all about $$$$

When a 5,000-seat arena fills up almost immediately to watch large senior - where a half-dozen teams competed - that doesn't speak to a problem with the number of bids, but to the size of the venue not able to meet spectator demand.

Im curious the Milkhouse seats 5000 how many athletes/coaches did we have attend?

No matter what they do its too darn small it shouldnt be that complicated to buy a ticket and get a seat and you shouldnt have to limit anyone who has bought a ticket or performed.

worlds was still worlds when it was just a few teams. I watched from home for the first time in a few years this year. The same teams that I took bathroom breaks on in previous years, I took the same breaks this year. Yes, the little guy should have as much chance as the next guy, but the only thing many of them are adding is revenue. There are so many teams that go for the experience, and have no chance of moving on past the first day. They want the experience, and that's great. The problem is, we don't currently have a venue that can provide the experience is a safe way for everyone.
Wow! Well said...

not to be rude...but that was someone else...:) I haven’t chimed in on this....yet;).....but my first thought is get an arena big enough that the consumer doesn’t have to make tough choices....everyone can see everything..:)
Whoopsie. I have no idea then. This is clearly my overworked brain in play. Sorry!

but how would you control that? They can not clear out the milkhouse between every division that would be more chaotic.

The exact same way that every other sporting event/concert in the world does it? I don't think that it's unreasonable to sell admission to each division. I'm not an events planner, but it happens all the time in other facets of life, why not Worlds?

I dont like the idea of selling tickets for each div. It's one sport and they already sell tickets for each day. I cant imagine the logistics, we think it's a long day now, and we want to add clearing the venue in between divisions? They cant handle the current crowd, what happens when those 5,000 have to exit and re enter?

It's a given that the venues are too small, but if you have to continue to use them in the near future .... remember that it's Disney ... why not issue FastPasses? They work great on the rides. Split the populuar divisions between the venues as previously mentioned and run the International divisions between the US only divisions to help clear out the venues naturally. Then reserve a section of each arena for FastPass holders and issue a limited number of FastPasses for each session like 2500 seats or the entire lower level of the Milkhouse for example. The lower level entrance would be like the FastPass line and the upper level would be like the Stand-by line.

If you have a FastPass, you get to walk in about 10 minutes before that division goes on and you can sit in the reserved section, but when that division is over you have to leave. You can come back in ... subject to seating availability or you can watch other divisions on a jumbo tron. It's not the most ideal solution, but at least you would have a good chance of seeing the division that matters most to you. It might require a short break between divisions to clear the crowds, but I'm sure that could be figured out and the judges and videographers could get a bio-break.

Keep it fair by only allowing each parkhopper ticket to get one Fast Pass per day and limit the number of parkhopper tickets a single individual can submit for FastPasses to 4 or 5 (keeps a single person from getting passes for a whole bunch of people kind of like a single person saving a whole row of seats). If you want to be sure to be inside for Sm Senior then you need to get there early and get a Sm Senior FastPass. You don't even have to stay there all day, you can leave and come back later in the afternoon when it's time for that division. If you are unable to get a FastPass for the division that you want to see, you can hang out and hope to get into the venue sometime during the day and sit in a non-reserved section. If people knew they would be able to get in to watch a division that went on later in the day, they would be much more likely to not camp out in the arena all day which should allow more people to flow into and out of the arenas during the day.

Just a thought ...

One thing I want to point out though is I think a lot of you are forgetting the people from Florida, like myself, who go to Worlds to watch just because it's close to home and why not? I live about two hours from Orlando so for me to make a weekend trip out of it isn't a big deal at all. For this reason, I wouldn't mind watching most divisions from the baseball field if the pricing was tiered.

I think some of the local area fans may pay a lower price to watch the live feed. If you are still there with your friends and getting the excitement and vibes from everything else going on. This would open seats up to those who traveled farther and want to see specific teams. I wonder if they could also set up a competition floor outdoors (weather permitting) and have some of the most popular divisions compete outside like they do in Daytona at the Bandshell instead of the live feed.

It's a given that the venues are too small, but if you have to continue to use them in the near future .... remember that it's Disney ... why not issue FastPasses? They work great on the rides. Split the populuar divisions between the venues as previously mentioned and run the International divisions between the US only divisions to help clear out the venues naturally. Then reserve a section of each arena for FastPass holders and issue a limited number of FastPasses for each session like 2500 seats or the entire lower level of the Milkhouse for example. The lower level entrance would be like the FastPass line and the upper level would be like the Stand-by line.

If you have a FastPass, you get to walk in about 10 minutes before that division goes on and you can sit in the reserved section, but when that division is over you have to leave. You can come back in ... subject to seating availability or you can watch other divisions on a jumbo tron. It's not the most ideal solution, but at least you would have a good chance of seeing the division that matters most to you. It might require a short break between divisions to clear the crowds, but I'm sure that could be figured out and the judges and videographers could get a bio-break.

Keep it fair by only allowing each parkhopper ticket to get one Fast Pass per day and limit the number of parkhopper tickets a single individual can submit for FastPasses to 4 or 5 (keeps a single person from getting passes for a whole bunch of people kind of like a single person saving a whole row of seats). If you want to be sure to be inside for Sm Senior then you need to get there early and get a Sm Senior FastPass. You don't even have to stay there all day, you can leave and come back later in the afternoon when it's time for that division. If you are unable to get a FastPass for the division that you want to see, you can hang out and hope to get into the venue sometime during the day and sit in a non-reserved section. If people knew they would be able to get in to watch a division that went on later in the day, they would be much more likely to not camp out in the arena all day which should allow more people to flow into and out of the arenas during the day.

Just a thought ...

I am not quite following your idea and not sure it would work. What I do think is that each gym participating in worlds should be issued a certain number of VIP seating tickets that has the gym/team name. The gym would then give the VIP seating tickets to the family members of athletes (for mom/dad/guardian). The VIP seating tickets would guarantee entrance to that teams performance to the VIP seating only. This way the family members do not miss the performance of their child.

My main problem with watching a jumbo-tron: it's outside. It's Florida. I was sweating standing in line at 7am. No, thanks.

We are in Florida. There are several outdoor competitions that are really popular. The ones my daughter has been to include the Florida State Fair competition (outdoor), the US Spirit at Universal Studios (outdoor), and the competitions in NCA Daytona at the Band Shell (outdoor, but lower level teams are inside the convention center across the street). The girls enjoy the Band Shell on the beach competition. I am sure there are others that are outdoor.

They could also have a set number of tickets sold to spectators only and have them for sale in say Janurary and once they are sold out there will be no more sold. Then have separate tickets specifically for families. If you are spectator and get a ticket then cool plan your trip to worlds, if you don't get a ticket then sit at home and watch like everyone else.
If you go to a college basketball game you buy your ticket ahead of time or if they aren't sold out you may be able to buy them at the ticket counter. You can't just up and decide to show up without a ticket and expect to get in if the arena is at capactity. For worlds you have a set number of tickets and those are all that will be sold. They would have to decide on how many tickets are needed to families and make sure those are turned in when the team sends in their forms after they receive their bid.

To piggyback off that, how about priority entrance for USASF members first? In other words, something like this:

1. Each team competing gets 2 FREE tickets per participant for family (much like a high school or college graduation) but only for the division that their CP competes in.
2. Additional family members can purchase tickets on a first come, first serve basis.
3. USASF member coaches and USASF member athletes can receive a discounted rate for the whole event.
4. Everyone else would have to purchase tickets for individual divisions, and when they are sold out, you get FREE jumbotron.

Also, this whole problem would be solved if they just had a separate venue for those "at-large" winners. Have a wild card competition somewhere, much like NCA college has(had?) where your teams that didn't make finals would compete for the extra slot to make it to day 2. Say there's an at-large competition in Jostens during the day on Fri, where all the at-large bid recipients compete for 5 spots to make it to prelims. Wouldn't that solve the problem?

I am sorry I watched at the baseball field and the screen is too small and too far away. Really tiered pricing will not alleviate the problem. I for one am not going to travel 3000 miles and sit in a hot baseball field when my daughter's team is performing or the rest of her division. I think a lot of parents feel that way and unfortunatly this could double the cost for a spectator for all 3 days. Who will have priority in buying tickets - so a team that has bid in say December will have priority over someone in February - if they are even available to purchase.

Don't even start on the tent deal. I can only imagine how hot that will be if not properly ventilated.

They had warmups in a tent behind the Josten's and it was air-conditioned very well - almost too cold actually. It was about the size of 4 spring floors - but not sure how that would work on a larger scale.

Back