All-Star Guess Whats Returning....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

it may be level 2, but the majority of the athletes aren't :georgia:
If the majority are higher level athletes then they best be winning every level 2 division they enter or at least have every girl and boy dancing and have better everything. I'm not a fan of majority competing at a level below their best.

The producers wanted to focus on a youth 2 team. When this was shared all of the youth age girls and their over zealous parents immediately wanted youth 2. As a result they ended up with many girls with higher level skills double teaming.

The producers wanted to focus on a youth 2 team. When this was shared all of the youth age girls and their over zealous parents immediately wanted youth 2. As a result they ended up with many girls with higher level skills double teaming.
Why would they want to focus on a manufactured team? It's not like they are focusing on a truly talented age and level appropriate team. How many of those kids crossing over actually would have been on this team if not for this show - was crossing over something that was always done or just this season? How many kids in the gym would have been placed on this team as their true team because of their age and skill level who are now not on it because of the show being filmed? And do I really truly care? This whole show just irks me.

The ultimate goal of winning the US finals? Okay. I wish this show was about a youth level 5 team or a team striving to win worlds... not the us finals.. It just irks me, I understand it is about the ratings but come on.. hopefully they continue CMT Cheer that way I have some sanity and hope for the cheerleading world.

The ultimate goal of winning the US finals? Okay. I wish this show was about a youth level 5 team or a team striving to win worlds... not the us finals.. It just irks me, I understand it is about the ratings but come on.. hopefully they continue CMT Cheer that way I have some sanity and hope for the cheerleading world.
With a youth level 2 from a small *cough*janky*cough* gym I don't think it's unreasonable to have winning US Finals as its ultimate goal. What I do think is unreasonable and hard to swallow is to have a group of athletes with supposedly significantly higher level tumbling skills come out as level 2 and still looking like this.

I find it strange that they say US Finals is their ultimate goal when they told us at Americheer in Ohio that they were filming their finale. And wouldn't you know it guess who got first... Youth silver! I feel bad for anyone that competed in y2 at that comp, can't help but feel like it was fixed.

I find it strange that they say US Finals is their ultimate goal when they told us at Americheer in Ohio that they were filming their finale. And wouldn't you know it guess who got first... Youth silver! I feel bad for anyone that competed in y2 at that comp, can't help but feel like it was fixed.
Very good point. Maybe it is pageant season between now and April/May? ;)

even for a youth 2 team that routine is so slow and awkward, I can't believe how much dead time there is on the mat. no choreography at all. It looks like the coaches went down the score sheet.. Ok, every do jumps. "check" now basket's "check" ok now standing tumble.. etc... I feel like the routine was made up like ten years ago... smh....

From tryouts, I didn't expect so much tumbling. What happened to the girl with the headspring? But I really couldn't get over the slightly-off-skin-tone outfits. Reminds me of that episode of Dance Moms when all the moms complained that their girls looked naked.

On another note though, I really don't expect a coach showing motions at the front of the mat for a youth team. Tiny, sure; mini, still OK for some of the younger teams. But youth??

Back