All-Star Gym Charging Too Much?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have 1 month off. 2 weeks at the end of May, the last week of August and first week of September (back to school prep).

CP's gym got no time off...last comp happened, 2 weeks to prep for try-outs (teams still practiced) and then new season.

My granddaugther is on a Worlds team and it comes to about $4200 a year which includes everything except uniforms, practice wear, warm ups, shoes, bows, travel and hotels. She practices 6 hours per week. This is her 10th year as an all star. Every year this grandma paid the total amount including traveling. THANK THE LORD my son is finally in a position to assume all payments. Now I can sit back and enjoy the show.
:enjoyshow:
( I could have put her through an Ivy League college)

That's not healthy, when can a kid's injuries heal if they never get time to rest? Plus, that could lead to burnout...

If there is an injury, they sit out but are still present. As for the burn-out, I'm seeing it with our senior girl's. So far it hasn't seemed to affect any of the younger ones.

Not that you need to make me understand the situation, but I'm confused. Are you saying that you personally have an all star team and that you are renting space from a gymnastics gym to have practices and tumbling?

And one thing I want to bring to your attention and please don't be offended but with each of your posts you are giving more and more information to someone who might be able to figure out who you are and where you're from, which can and probably will get back to the gym owner. Just be careful how much indentifying information you put on here. There are many, many people who just read here and don't post. Unless you don't give a hoot if he or she finds out, in which case never mind. ;)

I'm not worried about the owners finding out... Everything that I have said here I have said to the owners as well lol... Usually I wont say anything online that I am not willing to say to someone in person... Thanks though :)

@CoachTamara
The gym set the cost and then I set the hours... They wanted them at 6 hours a week but with the same cost so I upped the hours so they parents felt like they were getting their moneys worth...

@Cheer Dad
Thank you... I agree.

Sorry to change the subject a little bit, but I was wondering what your guys's opinions on the pricing of privates were. My gym charges $40 per half hour with whatever coach you choose. I've heard about other gyms in the area charging less than this for a full hour. Is more than a dollar per minute really reasonable for a tumbling private? I'm not at a big name gym nor are our coaches any better at their job than other coaches. I absolutely love my coach though and I don't really mind paying that much for a private with him but the expenses have definitely started to catch up on me.

Sorry to change the subject a little bit, but I was wondering what your guys's opinions on the pricing of privates were. My gym charges $40 per half hour with whatever coach you choose. I've heard about other gyms in the area charging less than this for a full hour. Is more than a dollar per minute really reasonable for a tumbling private? I'm not at a big name gym nor are our coaches any better at their job than other coaches. I absolutely love my coach though and I don't really mind paying that much for a private with him but the expenses have definitely started to catch up on me.
It's $30 per half hour at cp's gym.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Thank you. :) I work full time teaching at a private high school so this is just something I do because I genuinely love the sport. I would gladly do it for simple gas money to get to the gym if it meant we could grow more and the girls could pay less...

I enjoy making bows and doing all of the extra things for the girls, but I do not enjoy the constant harassment from the gym owners about the team not growing.
Wow! I feel ike you are telling my story. I went through this exact same scenario and it's such a tough spot to be in. I was torn between not doing it anymore because of how irrational the gym I was running my team out of was and watching my kids be devastated that their coach left them and staying and dealing with the bulls*** and constant nagging that the team wasn't growing. They were charging my mini level 1 $275 for an hour a week of tumbling and three hours a week of practice. Everything else was extra. I fought them down to $225 but really??? Hello! The program wasn't growing cause the gym owners were making it impossible. I was getting paid even less than you but,Like you, was doing it more for the love of my kids and the sport. Ultimately they caused it to totally fold on me because they were money hungry. So sorry you are in this position. I know how frustrating it is.

$25 for 30 minutes, $40 for an hour at our gym

$25 for 30 minutes at my gym! I've never done an hour private so I'm not really sure how much it is for an hour. Also, if you pay in advance it's $100 for 5 privates (30 min each)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

current gym is $30 for an hour but there are 3 to a private class. Previously we paid $50/hour for a private and it was individual.

Back