All-Star Gym Merges

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry for just making an observation based on numerous threads I have read over the years dealing with gym mergers. Sorry for raising a question based on these observations.

To those from Maryland that commented on the differences between the two programs thanks for your insight. To me being an outsider they are both equal quality programs. Was not trying to cause a fight.

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

first off i would like to say im a huge fan of both programs....now how did this thread go from a simple "verify" to two gyms not being "equal". you people on the boards never know what can happen, you dont know the staffs of both organizations so why are you guys so quick to judge? this is a great idea, two very known successful gyms combining with each other to make one brand, showing diversity, giving a different flavor etc. and people are worried about oil mixing with water. this thread has been nothing but a big speculation everybody "heard from a friend" EVERYONE mind your own business. :deadhorse:

How do you know that people don't know the staff of both gyms? What doesn't knowing the staff have to do with judging if a merger sounds like a good idea or not?

How about the fact that there was at least 1 parent on here who has a child trying out at one of these gyms in a few days and they had not been notified, should they just mind their own business?

Maybe neither gym is responding about it because they don't want to release anything until it is definite or not.. just saying :shaka:
If that is the case I would hate to be a parent in either gym that goes through tryouts and then find out there is a merger. These are things that should be announced before someone goes through tryouts. This is something that can cause athletes to want to try at another gym, but since they won't know until after tryouts it could be too late to tryout somewhere else.

If that is the case I would hate to be a parent in either gym that goes through tryouts and then find out there is a merger. These are things that should be announced before someone goes through tryouts. This is something that can cause athletes to want to try at another gym, but since they won't know until after tryouts it could be too late to tryout somewhere else.
this is true, i would be upset too. hopefully for the athletes, parents, and coaches sake they find out soon enough so that they can make a decision. Although there are a lot of kinks to work out in gym mergers.. coaching staff... salary... team names..location etc.

I wasnt meaning that IF this happens its gonna be a win/win 100%. I just meant both gyms have great athletes and that can only be a good start to any new team/gym.

I would bet that things at satellite gyms of the same company are different in some ways. I mean CEA Kernersville and CEA Raleigh probably have their differences in the way they are ran and coaching and such but different can work sometimes. Then again sometimes it cant.

IF this happens I hope its a good move for everyone. In the end thats what we all want, growth for the allstar cheerleading industry.

first off i would like to say im a huge fan of both programs....now how did this thread go from a simple "verify" to two gyms not being "equal". you people on the boards never know what can happen, you dont know the staffs of both organizations so why are you guys so quick to judge? this is a great idea, two very known successful gyms combining with each other to make one brand, showing diversity, giving a different flavor etc. and people are worried about oil mixing with water. this thread has been nothing but a big speculation everybody "heard from a friend" EVERYONE mind your own business. :deadhorse:

Looks like someone gotta wedgey or your britches a Lil twisted up over there lol its a open forum to talk about Cheerleading etc do if you don't wanna see what people say cover your eyes or don't read this thread......#IJS

The fact is that this was a potential partnership or merger that was being discussed/explored only but never finalized. Unfortunately it was leaked here and elsewhere prior to being able to openly discuss it and obtain feedback with their client base. The long story short is simply that this potential merger/partnership is not going to occur!! It was a very intriguing idea that we'll never know how it may have turned out :rolleyes:

I feel like you contradicted yourself a ton here....

The fact is that this was a potential partnership or merger that was being discussed/explored only but never finalized. Unfortunately it was leaked here and elsewhere prior to being able to openly discuss it and obtain feedback with their client base. The long story short is simply that this potential merger/partnership is not going to occur!! It was a very intriguing idea that we'll never know how it may have turned out :rolleyes:

I am glad that those parents finally got filled in with everything. It sucks that they had to find out first by leaked information.

For those of you saying it's mixing oil and water, maybe that's a good thing. Both are talented level 5 teams that have unique strengths. The girls of tsu can benefit from the different techniques and strengths of the 5 alarm coaches and athletes and vice versa.

And if it really is just involving the level 5 teams, maybe that's why there hasn't been an announcement publicly made or to every parent. If it just involves level 5, level 2 or 3 parents don't have any reason to be told, and I can see why that would be something that is discussed solely with those level 5 athletes and parents at the time of tryouts.

You really don't announce something like that until it's finalized though. I know of other mergers that ended up falling through, but it wasn't a big deal because they never announced it. And it fell through before the end of the previous season, so even if you had heard the rumors, it didn't yet matter.

I agree with you though that it's a little late to be announcing something. I've been part of a gym that merged after tryouts and was miserable at the new gym all season long. If it gets to the point where it hasn't been finalized and tryouts are around the corner, then that's when you step back and say okay, maybe not this year, maybe next year.

But what you don't do is announce something before it's finalized and then run the risk of saying "just kidding!" like apparently would have happened in this case.

This makes me think of all the 'worlds teams get all the attention' thread to totally disrupt 2-3 gyms to build a super team for worlds is rediculous...and to me smacks is worlds team at any cost. While I think one of teams has has this mindset, I hope not all have transitioned to it

Back