All-Star Gym Merges

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm sorry you feel like there is a lot of negativity from Twisters parents, I can only speak for myself and say that to me it seems like a crazy mix for this 3 organizations to merge. The differences in philosophies, style and culture of the gyms. With that being said I felt as though it was not a good move, maybe it was for shock value but I can name several other gyms to me that would have been a better match for both gyms to merge with to create stronger teams if that is the reasoning to merge. Also it would be like we go to MD states and there is no competition because there are only 2 or 3 teams with all the merging going on.

"there are only 2 or 3 teams"
Really?

So if any of these gyms that are combining just their level 5 teams were to win or take home a globe at worlds would both gyms claim they earned it or just that one team... What gym would it stay at? It just doesn't make sense to me, if you are going to merge then include every athlete not just the level 5's.

I'm not sure how I feel about all these teams combining their level fives. I was okay when it was just Fierce and OC, but its starting to look like to could be the new thing... :confused:
With the same few gyms winning Worlds in every division, you are going to see this more often. It is getting harder for a gym with under 200 kids to compete with the mega-gyms at Worlds. At this point in the game, I would like to see two separate divisions for small and medium divisions - Supergym (gyms with enrollment of over 250 athletes within the entire gym name (i.e. all locations of one gym name) and regular gym. It wouldn't surprise me if part of the reason USASF is limiting tumbling skills is to try to even the playing field, but they don't want to come out and say it so they use the "safety" reason instead. I would rather see the two different gym classifications than the implementation of tumbling restrictions.

Why all the negativity from the Twister gym? Supporting each other will help grow our sport.
perhaps i'm confused but i really don't see any blatent negativity from anyone, just a lot of questions and speculation. which is what the boards are all about. my only 'negative' comment (if you want to call it that) is why would they only focus/merge the level 5 teams? that's like creating an exclusive club that only caters to the elite athlete. Which, if i'm not mistaken is a lot of peoples beef with allstar cheer. if a gym only focuses on level 5, where is their progression and growth from within??

Why all the negativity from the Twister gym? Supporting each other will help grow our sport.

Just curious to know why you think everyone
Commenting is From Twisters?? Really not everyone commenting is affiliated with Twisters boy first thing everyone is quick to do is say Twisters let them stay in Glen Burnie and Waldorf and I am a parent at one of the gyms who was involved. Now Wat!!!!!

With the same few gyms winning Worlds in every division, you are going to see this more often. It is getting harder for a gym with under 200 kids to compete with the mega-gyms at Worlds. At this point in the game, I would like to see two separate divisions for small and medium divisions - Supergym (gyms with enrollment of over 250 athletes within the entire gym name (i.e. all locations of one gym name) and regular gym. It wouldn't surprise me if part of the reason USASF is limiting tumbling skills is to try to even the playing field, but they don't want to come out and say it so they use the "safety" reason instead. I would rather see the two different gym classifications than the implementation of tumbling restrictions.

Sorry, but I disagree. To be the best (a world champion) you have to compete against the best... No matter how many athletes they have.

Omg! cheerUPDATES got his/her information from HERE! He/she just relays what is said on the boards.
correct me if i'm wrong, but cheerUPDATES usually tweets info first, then it lands on here
In this case CheerUpdates' tweet was after this thread was created, but I don't believe CheerUpdates is using the boards as a primary source. (In case you didn't notice many others came on the thread and stated they had also heard the rumblings, I am guessing offline, through their real cheer connections.)

I just heard this and wanted to know if anyone else heard anything about a possible merge with Crimson Heat and Marlins. From what I understand they will be making and announcement after tryouts about the merge, this is kind of odd. Can anyone verify ???? Thanks
This was posted at 1:02 pm on Tuesday. cheerUPDATES tweeted about at 1:14 pm on Tuesday.

Back