All-Star Gym Recommendations In Virginia

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Traffic is killer, if she's living more closer to DC/Northern VA then Twisters Waldorf or Dream is do able, but if she's more middle of VA then Legacy or Infinity, and possibly Cheer Tyme. Keep in mind that traffic is horrible in this area though.

I was excited to see this post. We may be moving to the area as well, hope I can message some of those that said they live in the area when we find out for sure.

I am from northern va, affiliated with all of infinity, legacy, phase, cheer tyme, USA and as well as Richmond gyms, as I go/went to VCU. I have alot of unbiased opinions, I'm great friends with Donnie and Randy to vouch for my gym opinions, or alot of the wildjagz

So impressed with everything CheerTyme Chantilly is putting out! Having coached with the majority of the staff the last few years, they are incredible. Definitely check it out. Huge family feel as well.

I think it depends on where she lives and what she is looking for in a program. I think she should really visit as many as she can. Also look at what is included in cost because the programs are very different in how the fee structure is done as well as the philosophy of the gyms. Northern Virginia cheer is rapidly growing thanks in lager part to a formerly strong recreational cheer program that has grown into these strong All Star programs. High school wise cheer is really strong here and many teams practice at these gyms and then many of the CPs go onto half year teams. We have friends at Infinity, Cheer Tyme, and Phase. We know people happy at each and people not so happy at each. I think each program has strengths - it really depends what is best for your friend and what is do able traffic wise (because that can play a major part around here - what could take 10 minutes at midnight when there are no cars on the road could take 45 minutes easy in the evening). We live very close to one gym but drive past it to one that better suits our beliefs and what we want to see in a program overall, but if our needs changed we would consider the others. All 3 gyms were at Richmond Battle this past weekend and it was very nice seeing so many friends and we cheered on teams at several gyms and also watched some teams that we go against all the time and just love to watch because they bring it. And as many have said there is also All-Star Legacy, Crimson Heat, Maryland Twisters, USA All-Stars, Fame... the great thing is that cheer really is growing in this area and for the most part it seems to be pretty positive vibes.

Also i wanted to point out amongst the Nova pointed above teams: phase, cheertyme, and infinity. those gyms r all extremely nice and respectable and dont really consider any of the other gyms nearby as rivals. its not a hostile battle for power like in richmond.

I cheer at USA so feel free to DM me with any questions :) I also know alot of coaches at Cheer Tyme and they are a great program as well. Good luck with your search:)

Also i wanted to point out amongst the Nova pointed above teams: phase, cheertyme, and infinity. those gyms r all extremely nice and respectable and dont really consider any of the other gyms nearby as rivals. its not a hostile battle for power like in richmond.
Who is battling in richmond. With USA gone it is not nearly as fun ;) I miss the fun rivalry the 2 gyms had.

Who is battling in richmond. With USA gone it is not nearly as fun ;) I miss the fun rivalry the 2 gyms had.
Tis true. It just sucks cuz it was such a fun environment and now going to competitions r weird cuz everyone is either at top notch or stafford or cheertyme or fame or Ecs

I would like to get some parent feedback (current cheerleaders/coaches feedback welcome as well on the Cheertyme Chantilly location. Also possibly looking at the Fairfax location. To include things about coaching staff, philosophy, owner involvement and most important treatment of the kids. Maybe also some info on how many comps etc. We are coming to an open house in May and thinking about trying out very seriously! Thanks in advance for input.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I would like to get some parent feedback (current cheerleaders/coaches feedback welcome as well on the Cheertyme Chantilly location. Also possibly looking at the Fairfax location. To include things about coaching staff, philosophy, owner involvement and most important treatment of the kids. Maybe also some info on how many comps etc. We are coming to an open house in May and thinking about trying out very seriously! Thanks in advance for input.

Liz and Jeff Matthewson are totally awesome. I know that CT also just bought out Infinity (Fairfax), and I always got really good vibes from that gym when I visited as well.

I work(ed) at Infinity and will now be apart of the CT Fairfax location. I know and worked with several people at the Chantilly location too, including Jeff and Liz who retiredl5cheer already mentioned are awesome! As for Fairfax, we are still finishing our season as Infinity for the next couple of weeks..we have some teams going to World's and US Finals but things are slowly beginning to transition. Staff was interviewed last week and most, if not all (I haven't talked to everyone!) were rehired under CT and will be trained the CT way and credentialed. Staff and management for both Virginia locations will be announced on Facebook today.

I may be bias but I love everyone at CT Fairfax (Infinity) and those who I know at Chantilly. The owner, Crasher, and the management I have met have been super awesome, I'm excited! We LOVE our kids, of course! CT has been around for 15 years and every time I've run across them, their sportsmanship has been top notch, kids are polite and respectful, and have solid teams across the board. Definitely come to an open house and see what you think! Let me know if you have any other specific questions and I can help out as much as I can...I'm still learning about everything too! But I know @Fiercecheermom has a daughter on Chantilly's LAG 5 team, so she can probably help you out when it comes to parent things :)

We have been a part of the CT Chantilly family since it first opened 2 years ago. We are so happy to have found a real "home" with a great "family". The owners, Crasher and Kim have a tremendous amount of experience (over 15 years). They are really "hands on"owners even though they live in PA. We see Crasher every week or so in Chantilly. The coaches in Chantilly are extremely experienced as well. A lot cheered at some well known colleges (GMU or Louisville anyone???). While our new Fairfax location is a new acquisition, we all know some of the kids/coaches there. Infinity is/was a great program and will only flourish more with all of the CT support coming their way. If you have more questions, please feel free to DM me. :cheering:

We have been a part of the CT Chantilly family since it first opened 2 years ago. We are so happy to have found a real "home" with a great "family". The owners, Crasher and Kim have a tremendous amount of experience (over 15 years). They are really "hands on"owners even though they live in PA. We see Crasher every week or so in Chantilly. The coaches in Chantilly are extremely experienced as well. A lot cheered at some well known colleges (GMU or Louisville anyone???). While our new Fairfax location is a new acquisition, we all know some of the kids/coaches there. Infinity is/was a great program and will only flourish more with all of the CT support coming their way. If you have more questions, please feel free to DM me. :cheering:

I sent you PM on here don't think I can do DM.

Back