All-Star Gym Rivalries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why is rivalry allowed by the coaches, surely it is damaging to the sport. I had a massive talking to my squad last night as we are gearing up for our first major comp and they were bad mouthing a couple of other teams. Their old head coach used to encourage this and it seems that I have quite a bit of work to do between now and June. I basically told them that if I hear anyone mouthing off another team at the comp they will not be hitting the mat but turning their uniform in for good as I didn't want them on the team. We have no competition but ourselves; the only thing they should be concerned about is going out there and hitting a clean routine thats full of energy. I shocked me as this was the first time I had heard any kind of talk like this...saying that though it shouldn't shock me that the old head coach allowed it. This was the coach that sat them down the night before their last comp with her and made them go around the circle and call out one person on the team who they had had a problem with and say why :eek: No wonder there was no team unity when I took them over!

just a gym rivalry... not even a gym rivalry. Premier North and West SOMETIMES have one... but we never have teams in the same division so its all okay.
but Premier West and Diamonds allstars have a big one. Diamonds is a new gym in Knoxville (they've only been around 2 years) but every competition that we both go to, and they win in their division (NOT EVEN THE SAME DIVISION) i promise all of the posts on their page are TAKE THAT SHARKS! WHOS THE BETTER GYM NOW? But the thing is is that they don't even compete against anyone most of the time. They did win cheersport though, so props to them!

oh yeah, you can still see some of the rivalry on youtube on their videos.. eeks !
As a member of Maine Stars, I don't feel that there is really a rivalry between us anymore. Mostly just friendly competition, I mean obviously we each want our own teams to win. I do remember years ago the senior 4 teams did seem to have a rivalry, but not so much anymore, at least not from our side! :)

what gym?!?! up here people are PSYCHO lol no offense to anyone... but three or four gyms around here are just ridiculous UltimateRudags knows what im talking about lol

There's never a dull moment in Illinois. I feel like every few weeks there's some huge dramatic story going around this area. I'm still working in the industry but right now I'm not involved with any gyms so I just get to kick my feet up and watch the show.

As a member of Maine Stars, I don't feel that there is really a rivalry between us anymore. Mostly just friendly competition, I mean obviously we each want our own teams to win. I do remember years ago the senior 4 teams did seem to have a rivalry, but not so much anymore, at least not from our side! :)
Yeah I really dont think there is anymore.. I was on those senior level 4 teams when it was at its worst.. it was mostly online stuff - you know both teams big talking eachother before a big comp lol.. I dont cheer there anymore I am now 23 hahaa but now that I have you.. I have not seen any maine stars teams at any competitions this year :/ where have you guys been going for comps? (might be best to reply in a PM ) so we dont clog up the thread ;)

Back