All-Star Gyms In The Charlotte Area...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I also highly recommend that you stay in your city b/c GAS prices are on the rise! LOL

Unless you just have it like that!
wink.png

victory all stars, in Concord NC :)
i lived in NC for one year, and choosing victory was such a good choice, very family feel at the gym !

I can't speak for all the programs, but you can't go wrong with charlotte or cea. I also know a great coach from Odyssey named robert burns, a great guy and an awesome choreographer. He cheered and danced for top gun, and i believe his wife did as well. I can't speak for the entire program but I sure can speak for him and i know he would give you any info and help you needed.

So CEA is not so great for the level 1-4 athlete.... good thing to let people know!!

Oh, I don't think that is true or a very accurate representation at all. Anyone involved with CEA understands that one track for an athlete is to move steadily towards the high profile level 5 teams. They are near or at the top world-wide in their specific divisions. You really cannot spin that any other way. For a lot of kids progression and advancement in level is central to why they cheer. And if you want the best opportunity to win NCA Level 5 or Worlds between Atlanta and MD, CEA is your best bet. And for those type of kids and parents (me included) driving is a necessary evil that adds a lot of quality time to a family relationship. Think of it as equivalent to the 50s tradition of a nightime meal with a spicy chicken sandwich in the car instead of a roasted chicken from the oven.

However, the majority of kids at CEA are quite comfortable settling in the Level 1-4 teams and staying there for their careers. Remember, these are the kids and parents that form the base of the all star industry. Without them, all star competitions would cost Level 5 kids thousands of dollars a year in competition fees, coaching fees, and all the expenses associated with cheer. The Level 5 kids at Worlds should spend a few minutes thanking all the lower level kids for making the event possible by not only providing the constant influx of athletes but also subsidizing the whole industry through their participation (I'll bet all the competition companies know this). If there are roughly 900 kids at CEA, the vast majority of them are lower level and I suspect are very happy with their service and their opportunity. And we know there are only 36 Level 5 kids that crossover to all the Level 5 teams. You know, I think you cheer in Greenville at one of those very nice gyms, or are associated with one of them in some way. I have never heard anyone at CEA feel the need to criticize those gyms, or any of the fine gyms in Charlotte. One should go where they feel the most comfortable, drive around, look at the gym, the teams and the staffs talk to the athletes and make their decision based on their own observation and not this type useless comment.

Oh, I don't think that is true or a very accurate representation at all. Anyone involved with CEA understands that one track for an athlete is to move steadily towards the high profile level 5 teams. They are near or at the top world-wide in their specific divisions. You really cannot spin that any other way. For a lot of kids progression and advancement in level is central to why they cheer. And if you want the best opportunity to win NCA Level 5 or Worlds between Atlanta and MD, CEA is your best bet. And for those type of kids and parents (me included) driving is a necessary evil that adds a lot of quality time to a family relationship. Think of it as equivalent to the 50s tradition of a nightime meal with a spicy chicken sandwich in the car instead of a roasted chicken from the oven.

However, the majority of kids at CEA are quite comfortable settling in the Level 1-4 teams and staying there for their careers. Remember, these are the kids and parents that form the base of the all star industry. Without them, all star competitions would cost Level 5 kids thousands of dollars a year in competition fees, coaching fees, and all the expenses associated with cheer. The Level 5 kids at Worlds should spend a few minutes thanking all the lower level kids for making the event possible by not only providing the constant influx of athletes but also subsidizing the whole industry through their participation (I'll bet all the competition companies know this). If there are roughly 900 kids at CEA, the vast majority of them are lower level and I suspect are very happy with their service and their opportunity. And we know there are only 36 Level 5 kids that crossover to all the Level 5 teams. You know, I think you cheer in Greenville at one of those very nice gyms, or are associated with one of them in some way. I have never heard anyone at CEA feel the need to criticize those gyms, or any of the fine gyms in Charlotte. One should go where they feel the most comfortable, drive around, look at the gym, the teams and the staffs talk to the athletes and make their decision based on their own observation and not this type useless comment.

Maybe you did not read the entire post.... I never put down CEA in anyway. I quoted someone who said "CEA Lake Norman is about 45 minutes away, and CEA KVille is about 2 hours away. Charlotte all stars is also amazing but CEA is great if your cp is a level 5."

So with that being said, iluvcheer was implying 1. CEA's level 1-4 is not worth the drive but the level 5 teams are..... or 2. Charlotte's level 5 is not good compared to CEA's level 5.....

Looks like to me, someone from CEA did "criticize" a gym.... Charlotte to be specific.

Maybe you did not read the entire post.... I never put down CEA in anyway. I quoted someone who said "CEA Lake Norman is about 45 minutes away, and CEA KVille is about 2 hours away. Charlotte all stars is also amazing but CEA is great if your cp is a level 5."

So with that being said, iluvcheer was implying 1. CEA's level 1-4 is not worth the drive but the level 5 teams are..... or 2. Charlotte's level 5 is not good compared to CEA's level 5.....

Looks like to me, someone from CEA did "criticize" a gym.... Charlotte to be specific.

No, I did read the entire post by iluvcheer, and both of yours. Iluvcheer asks if it is possible to love CEA and WC in her profile. It appears this poster is from "norcal" and I assume not CEA. Is norcal an abbreviation for North Carolina? Seems something else, and the poster does not appear to from CEA. However, even if they are from North Carolina and CEA, does that mean they are putting CAS down by suggesting from their pov the Level 5 program at CEA is stronger? The quote was that CAS is "amazing" but if you child is Level 5 CEA is "great". I guess amazing vs great is a put down in your world. That said, the poster appears to be implying that CEA may have an advantage at level 5. Their opinion, but if number of slots on Level 5 teams, the choice of Level 5 teams and success in Level 5 at national and world level competitions over the last 10 years is a valid way to decide which gym has an advantage at Level 5, it seems they have a point. Lower levels I assume the poster feels there is either a CAS advantage or they are close enough not to warrant the drive other things being equal.

But the point is how in the world does one take that statement and claim it suggests CEA 1-4 levels are not so great? Seems that was you talking and the only thing I can find in the thread that appears to "put anyone down". My assumption is that in a dialogue, a poster interprets other's words with their own personal bias in an attempt to make a personal statement indirectly using other's words to provide a way to say "I never put down CEA". Fire on it, but just do it directly.

Well back to the intent of the thread that was about gyms in the Charlotte area...

There are many gyms in the area that have different options and cultures. The priorities at one aren't always the priorities at another. Feel free to message me with any of your own specific needs and I'll try and give you a couple options. Best of luck!

No, I did read the entire post by iluvcheer, and both of yours. Iluvcheer asks if it is possible to love CEA and WC in her profile. It appears this poster is from "norcal" and I assume not CEA. Is norcal an abbreviation for North Carolina? Seems something else, and the poster does not appear to from CEA. However, even if they are from North Carolina and CEA, does that mean they are putting CAS down by suggesting from their pov the Level 5 program at CEA is stronger? The quote was that CAS is "amazing" but if you child is Level 5 CEA is "great". I guess amazing vs great is a put down in your world. That said, the poster appears to be implying that CEA may have an advantage at level 5. Their opinion, but if number of slots on Level 5 teams, the choice of Level 5 teams and success in Level 5 at national and world level competitions over the last 10 years is a valid way to decide which gym has an advantage at Level 5, it seems they have a point. Lower levels I assume the poster feels there is either a CAS advantage or they are close enough not to warrant the drive other things being equal.

But the point is how in the world does one take that statement and claim it suggests CEA 1-4 levels are not so great? Seems that was you talking and the only thing I can find in the thread that appears to "put anyone down". My assumption is that in a dialogue, a poster interprets other's words with their own personal bias in an attempt to make a personal statement indirectly using other's words to provide a way to say "I never put down CEA". Fire on it, but just do it directly.

Ok lets be real, "but" the key word used in the sentence comparing CAS's program to CEA's level 5 program is a conjunction by definition means: on the contrary. If you don't know what contrary means I'll help you out with that as well, opposite or opposed to. So as stating CEA is amazing "BUT" if your child is level 5 CEA is great, I would most likely take that as a "put down". And if you want to go back in the history of cheerleading instead of the recent past 2 years, Charlotte has out done CEA not only by level 1-4's but 5 as well. CEA Senior Elite just won a GOLD last year, before that it was silver and lower.... Well CAS in the same division actually won a Silver as well but back in 2006. And the one thing CAS has done that CEA has yet to do is win at DALLAS in that Large Senior 5 div, which to a lot, a lot, one more time, a lot of people believe is more prestigious! I believe back in 94! A whole 16 years ago!! When CEA gets to the point where they have been doing it that long then you have an argument! I am not putting down CEA in any way, I think what they have done result wise and for this sport is amazing.

Ok lets be real, "but" the key word used in the sentence comparing CAS's program to CEA's level 5 program is a conjunction by definition means: on the contrary. If you don't know what contrary means I'll help you out with that as well, opposite or opposed to. So as stating CEA is amazing "BUT" if your child is level 5 CEA is great, I would most likely take that as a "put down". And if you want to go back in the history of cheerleading instead of the recent past 2 years, Charlotte has out done CEA not only by level 1-4's but 5 as well. CEA Senior Elite just won a GOLD last year, before that it was silver and lower.... Well CAS in the same division actually won a Silver as well but back in 2006. And the one thing CAS has done that CEA has yet to do is win at DALLAS in that Large Senior 5 div, which to a lot, a lot, one more time, a lot of people believe is more prestigious! I believe back in 94! A whole 16 years ago!! When CEA gets to the point where they have been doing it that long then you have an argument! I am not putting down CEA in any way, I think what they have done result wise and for this sport is amazing.

So, in the last 6 years CEA has 6 Level 5 firsts at NCA, multiple second and thirds at NCA in youth, junior and senior Level 5 over 12 years and well over 10 Medals at Worlds in 4 divisions over 4 years and CAS through a gold at NCA 16 years ago and a silver at Worlds in 06 is out doing CEA in Level 5? Your bias, again is evident. And props to CAS, they do have a great Level 5 program and from my pov this interaction has nothing to do with them as a gym. If I were the original poster, and I knew I WAS from CEA and you from Rockstar, that would guarantee me going to CAS when I moved to Charlotte in the future. But that rather weak attempt at an argument and defelection aside, the point was not the original post comparing amazing and great with a but, BUT your conclusion that the post in some way stated CEA is "not good" Level 1-4. That means by comparison amazing is a put down compared to great and by not claiming superiority in lower levels illustrates not very good. Funny, you are either saying that CEA 1-4 is "not very good" independant of the CAS comparison, or that being inferior to CAS in some measure defines "not very good". What does that say about CAS level 1-4 from your pov?

Now we have your opinion that over 20 first, second or third place finishes in Level 5 at NCA (CEA does not take anything less than Level 5 to NCA, and usually just 1 or 2 teams a year) over the last 10 years and over 10 medals at Worlds in 4 years does not compare to a 1st at NCA in 96 and a silver in 06 at Worlds? I'd say you made my case. Now, how again does the original post by the gal from nocal say CEA level 1-4 is not very good? That is my argument, you just keep digging holes. Oh, and I like the win in Senior Large trumps every other win in every other division in Level 5. That is powerful. Are you really going to argue that as the basis of Level 5 comparison across programs?

So, in the last 6 years CEA has 6 Level 5 firsts at NCA, multiple second and thirds at NCA in youth, junior and senior Level 5 over 12 years and well over 10 Medals at Worlds in 4 divisions over 4 years and CAS through a gold at NCA 16 years ago and a silver at Worlds in 06 is out doing CEA in Level 5? Your bias, again is evident. And props to CAS, they do have a great Level 5 program and from my pov this interaction has nothing to do with them as a gym. If I were the original poster, and I knew I WAS from CEA and you from Rockstar, that would guarantee me going to CAS when I moved to Charlotte in the future. But that rather weak attempt at an argument and defelection aside, the point was not the original post comparing amazing and great with a but, BUT your conclusion that the post in some way stated CEA is "not good" Level 1-4. That means by comparison amazing is a put down compared to great and by not claiming superiority in lower levels illustrates not very good. Funny, you are either saying that CEA 1-4 is "not very good" independant of the CAS comparison, or that being inferior to CAS in some measure defines "not very good". What does that say about CAS level 1-4 from your pov?

Now we have your opinion that over 20 first, second or third place finishes in Level 5 at NCA (CEA does not take anything less than Level 5 to NCA, and usually just 1 or 2 teams a year) over the last 10 years and over 10 medals at Worlds in 4 years does not compare to a 1st at NCA in 96 and a silver in 06 at Worlds? I'd say you made my case. Now, how again does the original post by the gal from nocal say CEA level 1-4 is not very good? That is my argument, you just keep digging holes. Oh, and I like the win in Senior Large trumps every other win in every other division in Level 5. That is powerful. Are you really going to argue that as the basis of Level 5 comparison across programs?

I'll go ahead and let the Wiki do the explaining:

"
Charlotte All-Star Cheerleading or known as CAC, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is one of the largest and most respected[who?] all-star cheerleading programs in the United States with over 400 cheerleaders and 17 teams. Along the way CAC earned over 800 National Championship titles. Even more importantly, CAC has had an opportunity to positively shape the lives of thousands of kids who have passed through the program. They want every one of their cheerleaders to come out of the program better than they were coming in. Be it improved physical fitness and cheerleading skills, a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful member of a team, increased self-confidence or an understanding that they can be the best and compete with the best without ethical or moral sacrifice. It is their sincere hope that we can develop these life skills and more, all in a fun and positive environment.
[edit] History

Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading was founded in 1990 by co-owners Julie O'Brien and Kevin Brubaker. With nothing but an empty warehouse, some used gymnastics equipment and a passion for teaching kids, the CAC program began with just one team of 18 cheerleaders.Charlotte allstars are a competition team they go to competitions all over the U.S. At the 2005-2006 Cheerleading Worlds, they won 2nd place, taking home a silver medal.
http://www.charlotte-allstars.com/ http://www.charlotte-allstars.com/"

"
Cheer Extreme All Stars

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Cheer Extreme

Founded 2001
Located in North Carolina
Team colors Teal, Black, and White
Owner(s) Courtney Smith Pope
Championships Worlds 2010 Senior Elite 1st place, Worlds 2010 Small Senior 2nd place, Worlds 2009 Small Senior 2nd place
Cheer Extreme All Stars is the name of a group of cheerleading gyms found throughout North Carolina. Gymns are located in Raleigh, Kernersville, Lake Norman, Sanford, Salem, and Greenville, North Carolina. Cheer Extreme is most well known for it's Unlimited Coed, Small Coed, Small Senior, Senior Elite teams, which received numerous national titles and have ranked in the Cheerleading Worlds competitions, with Cheer Extreme Senior Elite winning the first place title in 2010. Cheer Extreme has over 600 National Champion titles.[1]
Cheer Extreme was founded in 2001 by Betsy Smith, and is now owned by her daughter, Courtney Smith Pope.[2]"

Even the Wiki stated how CEA was "known" for the level 5 teams but not the level 1-4.... now I am not stating yalls level 1-4 is not good I am just stating what now seems to be 2 different people implying CEA is not "known" for their impressive level 1-4 but their level 5.

If you are looking into driving the ACX Columbia gym is probably around an hour and a half south.

But Charlotte Allstars, CEA, Charlotte Extreme, and all the programs in that area are great! I love the city of Charlotte. I wouldn't mind living there after I graduate.

Did this really get turned into a thread arguing about CEA because one person made a comment that could be taken negatively against another program? Sheesh

Personally if I were to move to the Charlotte area I would go with CAC. They seem to really have their heads on straight and have a family atmosphere. Very traditional yet still have a flare that makes them interesting. They are a very well rounded program from top to bottom. Definitely a program I would look at.

CEA is also an amazing program, but with the economy right now is it worth the drive? Gas prices are just going to continue to rise and is cheering at a gym that has such a following worth taking a chunk out of the family income?

If CAC isn't a fit and CEA isn't either, as someone said ACX or Rockstar are just a drive south. Of course the drive could be longer and once again the financial burden will have to be looked at closely bu they should be on the list as well.

There are pros and cons to all programs. First you need to sit down and decide what you would like from a gym and then go from there. The more you narrow down what you want the easier it will be to narrow down the list of gyms to look at.

I'll go ahead and let the Wiki do the explaining:

"
Charlotte All-Star Cheerleading or known as CAC, based in Charlotte, North Carolina, is one of the largest and most respected[who?] all-star cheerleading programs in the United States with over 400 cheerleaders and 17 teams. Along the way CAC earned over 800 National Championship titles. Even more importantly, CAC has had an opportunity to positively shape the lives of thousands of kids who have passed through the program. They want every one of their cheerleaders to come out of the program better than they were coming in. Be it improved physical fitness and cheerleading skills, a better understanding of what it takes to be a successful member of a team, increased self-confidence or an understanding that they can be the best and compete with the best without ethical or moral sacrifice. It is their sincere hope that we can develop these life skills and more, all in a fun and positive environment.
[edit] History

Charlotte Allstar Cheerleading was founded in 1990 by co-owners Julie O'Brien and Kevin Brubaker. With nothing but an empty warehouse, some used gymnastics equipment and a passion for teaching kids, the CAC program began with just one team of 18 cheerleaders.Charlotte allstars are a competition team they go to competitions all over the U.S. At the 2005-2006 Cheerleading Worlds, they won 2nd place, taking home a silver medal.
http://www.charlotte-allstars.com/ http://www.charlotte-allstars.com/"

"
Cheer Extreme All Stars

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Cheer Extreme

Founded 2001
Located in North Carolina
Team colors Teal, Black, and White
Owner(s) Courtney Smith Pope
Championships Worlds 2010 Senior Elite 1st place, Worlds 2010 Small Senior 2nd place, Worlds 2009 Small Senior 2nd place
Cheer Extreme All Stars is the name of a group of cheerleading gyms found throughout North Carolina. Gymns are located in Raleigh, Kernersville, Lake Norman, Sanford, Salem, and Greenville, North Carolina. Cheer Extreme is most well known for it's Unlimited Coed, Small Coed, Small Senior, Senior Elite teams, which received numerous national titles and have ranked in the Cheerleading Worlds competitions, with Cheer Extreme Senior Elite winning the first place title in 2010. Cheer Extreme has over 600 National Champion titles.[1]
Cheer Extreme was founded in 2001 by Betsy Smith, and is now owned by her daughter, Courtney Smith Pope.[2]"

Even the Wiki stated how CEA was "known" for the level 5 teams but not the level 1-4.... now I am not stating yalls level 1-4 is not good I am just stating what now seems to be 2 different people implying CEA is not "known" for their impressive level 1-4 but their level 5.

You are aware that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone which can make it incredibly biased, right?

Also you're right that CEAs level 5s are more well known than the lower level teams... but that is the same at Charlotte Allstars. If you were to ask me to name as many teams from Charlotte Allstars as I could I would only be able to name Gold and Teal, their two senior level 5 teams.

"...For a lot of kids progression and advancement in level is central to why they cheer. And if you want the best opportunity to win NCA Level 5 or Worlds between Atlanta and MD, CEA is your best bet. And for those type of kids and parents (me included) driving is a necessary evil that adds a lot of quality time to a family relationship. Think of it as equivalent to the 50s tradition of a nightime meal with a spicy chicken sandwich in the car instead of a roasted chicken from the oven."...

I agree with Starship Trooper on this part haha...We had an hour and 15 min drive to and from 2-3 times a week during comp season - Our carpool had so many great conversations, many of which would probably not have happened if not for the confines of the car. You really do have to look at the drive as providing some good quality time with your CP...Enjoy their company while you can, it sure does go by FAST! Good luck on your Gym search, you really can't go wrong, all the gyms mentioned are awesome !

Back