All-Star Gyms In The Charlotte Area...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hi there. I have a daughter at Charlotte Extreme and I wanted to give you some information regarding the program since I think you are getting a very biased opinion from CharlotteASmom. We have been with the program for 3 years and we are very happy. All the coaches are wonderful and they all know every child and have a relationship with each of them. Yes the program is smaller but isn't there something comforting about your child having their own identity? They are not just a number which is what you get in bigger programs... We don't only focus on regional competitions-we have competed at Universal Spirit (Spirit of Hope), WSF, UCF, Spirit Sports, American Championships and International All Levels (the gym received 2 paid bids to this competition and I am pretty sure CAC did not receive any) . If my memory serves me correct we have competed against Charlotte All Stars a number of times, the most recent being All Levels in Atlanta. If you would like to check out the results the website is www.all-levels.com, go to the details page and it is Atlanta Results. We competed against them in Mini Small Level 1, Tiny level 1, Youth Large level 1, Youth large Level 2, Junior Large Level 1. I think you will be pleased with what you see. If I were you I would check out Charlotte Extreme, I have a feeling you might re-think your quick decision and I know you will like what they have to offer. Just thought I would give you some info from personal experience and not let you make a decision based on what one person is saying.

Hi there. I have a daughter at Charlotte Extreme and I wanted to give you some information regarding the program since I think you are getting a very biased opinion from CharlotteASmom. We have been with the program for 3 years and we are very happy. All the coaches are wonderful and they all know every child and have a relationship with each of them. Yes the program is smaller but isn't there something comforting about your child having their own identity? They are not just a number which is what you get in bigger programs... We don't only focus on regional competitions-we have competed at Universal Spirit (Spirit of Hope), WSF, UCF, Spirit Sports, American Championships and International All Levels (the gym received 2 paid bids to this competition and I am pretty sure CAC did not receive any) . If my memory serves me correct we have competed against Charlotte All Stars a number of times, the most recent being All Levels in Atlanta. If you would like to check out the results the website is www.all-levels.com, go to the details page and it is Atlanta Results. We competed against them in Mini Small Level 1, Tiny level 1, Youth Large level 1, Youth large Level 2, Junior Large Level 1. I think you will be pleased with what you see. If I were you I would check out Charlotte Extreme, I have a feeling you might re-think your quick decision and I know you will like what they have to offer. Just thought I would give you some info from personal experience and not let you make a decision based on what one person is saying.
Thank you! I did hit the web site and was impressed with what I saw. It looks to me from what I saw that Charlotte Extreme is a good up and coming program that also has a lot to offer. I did decide on Charlotte Allstars for this upcoming season due to the fact that one of my cp's current coaches used to coach at CAC and highly recommended the program to us. Thanks again for your information. :D

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Charlotte Extreme? We're still leaning toward CAS, but Charlotte Extreme looks like it is actually closer to us. We'll be living in the Ft Mill/Indian Land area...any thoughts? Thanks!

Hi I'm from NJ and recently had a positive experience with a Charlotte Extreme mom! My daughter's Mini 1 team traveled to the American Championship Nationals in Myrtle beach and they came in 2nd to Charlotte Extreme's team. The scores were crazy close and of course our kids were sad. After awards we went to Broadway at the beach and while sitting on the "I'm too old to go around in circles parent bench" I realized the mom next to me was a CE mom. She was very nice and super gracious while my wounds were ridiculously fresh and I think I was actually pouting.

It's quick moments like this in the cheer world that let you know that whatever decision you make, you can't go wrong. Good Luck.

I saw that someone mentioned Aviator Allstars to you. I am not sure how far that is from you. It is such an amazing program. They have the sweetest, most positive people running it I have ever met. I am a HUGE fan of that program. I love Charlotte Allstars as well. The always seem to have great sportsmanship and theparents seem great. I am obviously partial to CEA. The Lake Norman gym is really growing and should have a spectacular year in my opinion. We are very luck living here in South Carolina. There are so many options and the coaching talent saturates the gyms around us!

Im sorry. I just saw that you have already made a decision. Congrats! I hope you love living in South Carolina

It seems that you are confident in your decision and I hope you end up having the same feelings after the season starts. They have made a number of changes this year that no one is too sure about and I am sure you daughters current coach is unaware of these changes. At any rate good luck this season, I'm sure we will be seeing you at a number of competitions.

I saw that someone mentioned Aviator Allstars to you. I am not sure how far that is from you. It is such an amazing program. They have the sweetest, most positive people running it I have ever met. I am a HUGE fan of that program. I love Charlotte Allstars as well. The always seem to have great sportsmanship and theparents seem great. I am obviously partial to CEA. The Lake Norman gym is really growing and should have a spectacular year in my opinion. We are very luck living here in South Carolina. There are so many options and the coaching talent saturates the gyms around us!

Im sorry. I just saw that you have already made a decision. Congrats! I hope you love living in South Carolina
That's okay! Thanks for the information anyway! I got a recommendation for Aviator on here too, but it is a little bit farther from us! CEA was also a consideration, but again, the distance from us to the gym through traffic seemed a little limiting. Thanks again!

It seems that you are confident in your decision and I hope you end up having the same feelings after the season starts. They have made a number of changes this year that no one is too sure about and I am sure you daughters current coach is unaware of these changes. At any rate good luck this season, I'm sure we will be seeing you at a number of competitions.
Thanks again, and I hope you have a great season!!! :D We'll see how things go for us this season too. I'm looking forward to moving down to the Charlotte area. Everyone has been so helpful on here!

Some of your comments seem a little catty, maybe even a little mean-maybe? maybe I am reading a little too much. All of the coaches know the kids names at the gym you are referring to from the Large Senior Limited level 5 team, all the way down to the Tiny Level 1 team. Why would it matter that ya'll receieved paid bids to All levels, what does that have to do with anything? I think All of the Programs mentioned: CEA,Aviator, CE, and CAC are all outstanding programs with strengths and weaknesses like everyone has... Just a thought. New parents need to choose a program that best fits their needs, and then go with it from there. Wouldn't CharlotteASMom be a little biased? i believe she had good things to say about the other programs, and not come to our gym... This is all IMO only.. Have a great day!:cool:

Oh, I don't think that is true or a very accurate representation at all. Anyone involved with CEA understands that one track for an athlete is to move steadily towards the high profile level 5 teams. They are near or at the top world-wide in their specific divisions. You really cannot spin that any other way. For a lot of kids progression and advancement in level is central to why they cheer. And if you want the best opportunity to win NCA Level 5 or Worlds between Atlanta and MD, CEA is your best bet. And for those type of kids and parents (me included) driving is a necessary evil that adds a lot of quality time to a family relationship. Think of it as equivalent to the 50s tradition of a nightime meal with a spicy chicken sandwich in the car instead of a roasted chicken from the oven.

However, the majority of kids at CEA are quite comfortable settling in the Level 1-4 teams and staying there for their careers. Remember, these are the kids and parents that form the base of the all star industry. Without them, all star competitions would cost Level 5 kids thousands of dollars a year in competition fees, coaching fees, and all the expenses associated with cheer. The Level 5 kids at Worlds should spend a few minutes thanking all the lower level kids for making the event possible by not only providing the constant influx of athletes but also subsidizing the whole industry through their participation (I'll bet all the competition companies know this). If there are roughly 900 kids at CEA, the vast majority of them are lower level and I suspect are very happy with their service and their opportunity. And we know there are only 36 Level 5 kids that crossover to all the Level 5 teams. You know, I think you cheer in Greenville at one of those very nice gyms, or are associated with one of them in some way. I have never heard anyone at CEA feel the need to criticize those gyms, or any of the fine gyms in Charlotte. One should go where they feel the most comfortable, drive around, look at the gym, the teams and the staffs talk to the athletes and make their decision based on their own observation and not this type useless comment.
I had NO idea it takes you and your daughter an hour to get to CEA.
Props to you guys! ;)

I in no way was trying to be catty just give an honest opinion based on my experience. Being a mom I would want the same from others when looking into a new program for my child in a new city. I believe this parent was looking for suggestions and that is what I was giving. Receiving paid bids to All Levels is actually a big deal to a lot of people. To get one at a competiton with 200 teams is impressive. There are not too many gyms in the area that received one not to mention two. To stand out to a panel of judges when there are so many teams is pretty impressive. To asnwer the question "why would it matter if you received paid bids to all levesl, what does that have to do with anything" I was just letting this parent know that CE does not only focus on regional competitions and does very well when competing against other programs in the area. I hope they are very happy with their decision and have a great season I just wanted her to know that there is more than one program to look into in Charlotte.

I in no way was trying to be catty just give an honest opinion based on my experience. Being a mom I would want the same from others when looking into a new program for my child in a new city. I believe this parent was looking for suggestions and that is what I was giving. Receiving paid bids to All Levels is actually a big deal to a lot of people. To get one at a competiton with 200 teams is impressive. There are not too many gyms in the area that received one not to mention two. To stand out to a panel of judges when there are so many teams is pretty impressive. To asnwer the question "why would it matter if you received paid bids to all levesl, what does that have to do with anything" I was just letting this parent know that CE does not only focus on regional competitions and does very well when competing against other programs in the area. I hope they are very happy with their decision and have a great season I just wanted her to know that there is more than one program to look into in Charlotte.

But you also let that parent know that the other gym didn't get that, and not that anyone is stacking up the awards of gyms to gyms, you just made comments about the 1 gym, that made it stick out to me, as a Former employee of that gym for 3 1/2 years, and a coach for 27, I felt-again, IMO, that you singled them out, and that was not fair, and unjust.. getting a paid bid to all levels is great, but also get a Full Paid Bid to Worlds since 2006, is equally just as, if not more impressive, in addition to the Silver Globe that was won, but again, i am not comparing, I think more than to just prove a point that this gym seemed to be singled out, instead of supporting all of the gyms in the area. I believe that ALL of these programs are great, I have watched them all for years! Take care, and Cheers!!!:D;)

what you are unaware of is that I have had experiences with both CAC and CE and I was just giving my opinion on the program we are happy with. This parent was just asking for suggestions on programs and since no one was able to give any valid information on CE I felt like she deserved to know more about the program. Did you happen to read the ealier posts on this thread where there were some very catty responses regarding CEA/CAC? What was it about CE that struck such a nerve with you?

There are going to be negatives and positives about every gym. I think there are several people in this discussion comparing gyms in the area and trying to one up each other, but that is just me. Like everyone said find out what is best for your child, whether it is CE, CAC, CEA, Aviators, Odyssey, Prodigy, Victory, etc. Of course I am going to be partial to Charlotte Extreme...I love all my girls, parents, and staff :) We do focus more on stunting than tumbling, but we are changing that this year. No, we do not have a level five team, but our lower levels kick butt.

All gyms in the area are commemorable..anyone would say that. I don't know too much about CEA Lake Norman since they are so far north, but CEA's reputation is amazing. Aviators tumbling is spectacular. Odyssey's coaches and staff are so friendly..love Tracy. Victory is smaller and has a great family orientation. Prodidy has a great staff and very good teams as well. CAC has been around for a long time and offers all levels. Teal is well known, generally performs great, and has been the only 5 team in the area. My roommate coaches for CAC so I have respect. "House divided" haha

I could go on and on about the positives for the gyms in the area..hopefully I covered most of them. I guess as a parent it is up to you to find what "you" think are the negatives, which could be different for others. Anyways, it is up to you and especially your child where they feel comfortable and will get the most out of their experience.

Good luck to Teal and Gold this weekend at Worlds!

They have made a number of changes this year that no one is too sure about and I am sure you daughters current coach is unaware of these changes. At any rate good luck this season, I'm sure we will be seeing you at a number of competitions.

Of course there will be changes at CAC. They have been doing this for 20 years. A gym has to change every year to meet new trends and expectations. It's the reason why CAC is one of the longest running programs in the country.

This year CAC had more teams than they have ever had in their history with approx 500 kids in the program. We have 3 level 5 teams, 2 of which are headed to Orlando this weekend, and we had an additional 500 kids show up 3 weeks ago to check out our gym for the new year. There are most definitely changes being made there and I can't wait to see them!

Oh and congrats to your teams at All Levels. Several CAC Moms said many nice things about the Charlotte Extreme performances. Hopefully we will see you more often on next year's competiton schedule.

what you are unaware of is that I have had experiences with both CAC and CE and I was just giving my opinion on the program we are happy with. This parent was just asking for suggestions on programs and since no one was able to give any valid information on CE I felt like she deserved to know more about the program. Did you happen to read the ealier posts on this thread where there were some very catty responses regarding CEA/CAC? What was it about CE that struck such a nerve with you?

Not really any, exactly! I did read this post when i saw it 2 months ago, you said that the Mom was a little biased in her opinion, but aren't you as well? There are always comparisoms in the gym here and the other gym that you mentioned, which is so a mute point at this stage of the game, really. The only reason that I even commented were from some of your comments that I feel were a little out of line, just to call out another gym on some bid, that really didn't matter anyway. You love your gym, and the CAC people love their's. The mom already made her decision, I guess, so this thread should not even continue, as I feel that your not getting my point at all anyway. So I shall end it with no hard feelings at all, since I no longer work there, but will always stick up and support a prigran that I was apart of, but also celebrate all of the other programs in our area too... I still wish ya'll Good Luck in the upcoming season.

Back