All-Star Help with practice wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

we wear whatever we want to practice except like choreography because we have camp clothes for that and certain practices at competitions(like worlds) we sometimes wear a certain outfit just so we all match
and id rather wear sports bras or tank tops to practices.

I prefer to have a different color for each practice. Not even team colors, like everyone wear tie dye, or everyone wear orange. Cheaper, and more fun.
Would you like to have just one day that everyone has on the same outfit to work on formations? If it's cheap.
Rather have sports bras or tanks, way too hot for shirts out in az.
I prefer regular, but whatever, there could be a choice I guess.
would you rather wear on existing outfit for practice at comps - or would you rather have a nice set for the friday night practices at Cheersport etc.: Yes.

my girls have 4 practice outfits with matching bows that are rotated........i like when the team is all dressed alike.........sometimes we purchase a special outfit for away comps too

We have a set practice outfit with bow for monday and a set outfit with bow for wednesday, tuesday night at tumbling we are allowed to wear whatever, as long as its not a sports bra, because that makes the guy spot uncomfortable with the older girls. I prefer a tee-shirt and a sports bra, so if they get too hot the tee shirt can just come off, to reveal a matching sports bra. I would like a nice set of practice clothes, maybe a full length tank for competitions like cheersport.

When I was in college the captains would decide what colors we would wear to the next practice, usually some combination of our colors - white, grey, black, maroon. So like white top, maroon bottom for example. I'm on an open team at my gym and we don't have a dress code, but the younger teams have set practice clothes.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but where do you get good spandex shorts? If I go to a sports store I can only find bike type shorts that are too long and if I look online I end up with weird polyester, brief things.

Also, this might be a dumb question, but where do you get good spandex shorts? If I go to a sports store I can only find bike type shorts that are too long and if I look online I end up with weird polyester, brief things.

Look for Nike Pros. I've heard lots of good stuff about those! And I think there was a thread about people's favorite spandex... I'll see if I can find it!

Nike Pros or Under Armour makes good spandex shorts. Nike Pros are good if you are worried about a muffin, Under Armours don't ride up as much.

When practicing - do you prefer to have a set outfit to wear each practice or wear what you want?
wear what i want

Would you like to have just one day that everyone has on the same outfit to work on formations?
we do sometimes- having a showoff at practice we all wear the same color, and at any choreography type thing we wear the same color

Boys - would you rather have tshirts or under armour shirts for practice?

Girls - would you rather have sports bras , tshirts, or both.
both

Girls - would you rather sports bras were available regular or full length for your practice wear (each persons individual choice) ?
sports bra

would you rather wear on existing outfit for practice at comps - or would you rather have a nice set for the friday night practices at Cheersport etc.
we get shirts for big comps- aka dallas we had shirts and worlds we had sports bras and shirts

We had 3 practices a week, and got 3 different shirts that r also different colors. So we on certain days, we wore a certain color, didn't have to be that specific shirt, as well as disignated colored shorts, a problem though were sports bras were all different colors.

Boys - UNDERARMOUR!!! however is costly and isn't necessary. At all our practices not during the winter, by the end of the practices, our four titans, would all be shirtless anyways. So might as well get cheap shirts and let us fellas take it off. But I really like practicing in underarmour

Girls - should be matching shirts AND short sports bras. The reason I say short is cuz, for my college practices, the girls r required to wear sports bras, cuz in college, it would kinda make ppl watch their weight.... Not proud to say, but hey, wouldn't u like a appealing team?.... But for my senior 5, we didn't matching color shirts, but most of the girls took off their shirt by the end of practice, an all the color disorientation was not visual appealing, so I say matching colored shirts and short sports bras.

Girls - should be matching shirts AND short sports bras. The reason I say short is cuz, for my college practices, the girls r required to wear sports bras, cuz in college, it would kinda make ppl watch their weight.... Not proud to say, but hey, wouldn't u like a appealing team?.....

This really worries me and is one reason I wouldnt enforce just sports bras on my team (and it isnt really done in England). So much pressure already on flyers to keep their weight down and I have seen too many times this manifesting in eating disorders!

My prior gym had 3 outfits- 2 for regular practice, and 1 for team members to wear at tumbling classes.

Practice Day 1- skort and a tank (the sports bra kind)
Practice Day 2- shorts and a tank (regular)
Tumbling Outfit- shorts and a babydoll tee

Personally, I like Page 34 the "Memphis Dancer" look for practice... it's clean and easy to spot differences:) http://ipaperus.ipaperus.com/Varsity/VSF/2011VSF/

I would love the option for a full length tank top. Some girls (aka me) can't get away with wearing just a sports bra. hahaha

I never had matching clothes for any of the sports I did. I know for basketball, my sister had it on a rotation. For every day of the week they had practice, they had to wear a set color combo:
Monday: White shirt, blue shorts
Tuesday: Red shirt, black shorts
Wed: Black shirt, black shorts etc.
It was easy because it was the same every week so you could plan your laundry really well. I've never done this for a sport, but I think it works better because you're not necessarily required to go out and buy a completely new uniform (something people might not be willing to do), but they're still matching. Using stuff they already might have in their closet.

IMO......I think girls should wear a black sports bra and black shorts(not necessearly black) and a bow and just have that as a set practice uniform for all of your practices. When all match it looks so much better when going through routines and looks much more professional!! The only reason I dont like shirts or long tops fingers hands feet anything can get caught in them when stunting or tumbling!! broke many fingers getting caught in shirts and just recently my foot got caught in a t shirt at the neck when we were in a prep coming down to a smoosh and just about fell to the ground in a prep!!

Back