All-Star How Long Does Your Team Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for those that have mandatory tumbling, stretching, etc. is there an extra charge for that or is it included in tuition? Also, do you just work skills within your teams level or do you work skills according to your ability (i.e. if you are on a level 4 team do you only work layouts or do you work fulls if you have the ability?)

for those that have mandatory tumbling, stretching, etc. is there an extra charge for that or is it included in tuition? Also, do you just work skills within your teams level or do you work skills according to your ability (i.e. if you are on a level 4 team do you only work layouts or do you work fulls if you have the ability?)

The classes I listed above that states my cp has a flexibility class, is actually free (or maybe I should say included in my normal fee)
They also offer strengthening class for free as well but I think my cp is at the gym enough so we skip that.

The flyers are suppose to go to the flexibility class but it's free for all cheerleaders on any of our teams. During the summer they tend to be full. The flexibility and strengthening class just happened to be right after mini's so I think some parents were just using it as free baby sitting where they could drop them off for 3hrs vs 1hr when you could tell those kids really didn't want to be in those classes but now it's cool because for the most part its the kids who need it that stay since school is back in.
So as far as that I don't pay extra.

Now on what I posted above it says my daughter goes to 2 different tumbling classes that I pay for.
They do tumble during team practice but if you really want to get a skill the tumbling class is the way to go just because you get a lot of extra time.

One of the tumbling classes my cp goes to is at the gym she cheers at.. I don't pay but only a discounted rate of 25$ extra a month for that class since she is already on a cheer team there. If she wasn't on a team there they just charge $40. It's most definitely worth the $25.

My cp goes to another tumbling class at a different gym.. We live in Smyrna, TN so to drive to Clarksville 1.5hrs for a second tumbling class is stupid unless were already there.
So we go to a gym close to our house and we pay $60 every 4 weeks for that class. Haha they got me the first time and I was like why is it due so soon they were like oh you pay us every 4 weeks not every month.. Which is no big deal it just changes the due date every month so it's hard to keep up with!

She is level 2 and she works on improving her level 2 skills and getting her level 3 skills at both tumbling classes.
So yes I pay for more tumbling, but I don't pay extra for flexibility!!

Flyer/stretch class is an extra fee. Tumbling is free if you do it during a specific few times, otherwise you have to pay extra. During reg team practice tumbling is usually limited to team level, tumbling class is usually spent on working on what you have/almost have.

Practice is 2 hours 3 days a week and my CP goes to an optional 1 hour tumbling class once a week-which I have to pay extra for. So 3 days a week at the gym, but for 7 hours.

My team, (sr restricted 5) practices 6 hours a week. 2 and a half on Sunday and Tuesday, and I take an hour of tumbling class on Tuesday before practice also.

High School- 3 hours, 5 days a week. Plus Competition on Saturdays which last up to 7 hours.

Allstar- 3 hours for now, 1 day a week. But probably 6 hours a week when competition season gets more intense

Tiny-Junior 1 hour on a Sunday
Senior 1 hour (optional for competing seniors as it's a non-competing class), then 1.5 hours for the competing Seniors again on Sundays.

All teams practice a minimum of 6 hrs. except for Tinys which is maybe 4.

My CP is on 2 teams so she practices 10 hrs a week plus add about 3 hrs more for tumble and stunt.

allstar: 2 hours on tuesday and 2 hours on sunday :)
high school comp: monday through friday 2:45-5:15 :)

At stingrays our team has 2 a days so on Sunday we practices 12-2 & 4-7
& our weekday practice is 7:00-9:00

Back