All-Star How Many Full Outs?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Man, I feel like I'm way too easy on my kids. I think part of me is paranoid about risking injury on kids just chucking skills if we go 3-5 times, versus 1-2. We usually switch things up and will mix up what we're throwing. One time it'll be all stunts and running tumbling, then all stunts and all standing, then all tumbling and stunt sequence, etc. If we can run the routine 6 or 7 times that way, and only do 2 fullouts, I feel a lot better about it.
Thats pretty much how I run my practices. Some sections full out, others marked, and then alternate. Though jumps always go.

For the team I coach I try to do at least three full-outs minimum per practice unless I'm changing something or there's so etching in particular that need to be given more attention.
During the week of competition we come in normal practice warm-up and they they get five minutes for tumbling, five for stunts, walk through with probably stunts and pyramid or something like that (just like competition warm/up) and then I make them go full out until its evident they're too tired to go full out or go full-out and hit anymore. Full-out, "code pink" for my team, and then they have for seconds to he back to their opening from the time the music stops then they're going again. They get a tiny break after every three and after each one i inform them of errors or anything that needs tk be addressed before starting the music again. And if need be we go to that part of the routine once and then back to running it. Towards the end is all walk/ run through a with sections to clean an stuff like that. Last time we ran code pink for about an hour and a half maybe two before just walking through to clean and stuff. Seems to work. And gives the kids a lot of confidence going in to competition when they hit more often than not.

it varies by team with us, but generally unless we're changing stuff or there is something in particular that needs attention-

warm up, stretch, kicks and sprints, jumps, Stunts/Pyramid(1 at a time, then as a team hitting 2-3 times) Warm up tumbling, Full Out.
Then depending on how that goes determines the rest of practice.

Disaster=Quick sip, Full out again then work on problems then another full out at the end of practice followed by a tuck circle

Ok=The individual problems get worked on, then probably do the problem with the section before and after full out ie jump-tumbling-2nd stunt if the tumbling was a problem then probably another full out then tuck circle

Great= Then we just do sections to work on cleaning the little things with maybe a couple of partial routines and depending on timing work on new skills then tuck circle

so 1-3ish times

and it is obviously skewed because if they do it great they don't go again right away. But 99% of the time the second of the back to back runs is better than the first- but as I said we usually only do those if the first one was bad.

If we have some time until the next competition we usually tweak our routine (add in difficulty, clean transitions), but the week or two before we usually do all stunts, then maybe all tumbling, then we go full out two times unless its absolutely amazing and then we run certain parts of the routine or all stunts with tucks in tumbling

Thats pretty much how I run my practices. Some sections full out, others marked, and then alternate. Though jumps always go.

This. I had one girl with really bad knees, though she had awesome jumps, she would often mark her jumps because her knees couldn't take it every time...competition comes. I watch her mark a triple toe touch. I almost died right then.

This. I had one girl with really bad knees, though she had awesome jumps, she would often mark her jumps because her knees couldn't take it every time...competition comes. I watch her mark a triple toe touch. I almost died right then.

that is part of the idea behind going fullout all the time. muscle memory. that part i do understand.

in my opinion for minis the more they do it the better specially that level 1 team. Timing synchro. Ect ... Now once you get to the level 2 And above 2-3 max. I don't believe in 55 fullouts

Back