All-Star How Many More Years?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to agree with Bill... If you're 18 or younger on Aug 31st you can cheer... How is that hard to understand?

I have to agree with Bill... If you're 18 or younger on Aug 31st you can cheer... How is that hard to understand?

I have to agree w/ both of y'all, people act like you have to use some trigonometric equation to figure this stuff out.

If people do continually get confused (and they do) and the point of the whole system is to make it easy, and it fails, who's fault is it.

Those who created the system to be easy for everyone to use (but failed) or those who the system was created for to be easy to understand (but dont)?

If people do continually get confused (and they do) and the point of the whole system is to make it easy, and it fails, who's fault is it.

Those who created the system to be easy for everyone to use (but failed) or those who the system was created for to be easy to understand (but dont)?

I mean, I see your point. I guess I don't think of it as a "system" though, just a date..And your age on that date determines your age for that season.. Like, August 2011, I'll be 19, therefore too old for a senior team.

I think no matter the system, there will always be someone who gets confused.

Probably. But I think both the current system and the one that King is pushing are both easy enough that anyone should be able to get it.

When it comes down to "it's you're responsibility to know your age on any given day", I refuse to believe that needs to be made ANY simpler, regardless of how many people are confused by it

I mean, I see your point. I guess I don't think of it as a "system" though, just a date..And your age on that date determines your age for that season.. Like, August 2011, I'll be 19, therefore too old for a senior team.

Systems are a great thing. You are constantly surrounded by them, simple and complex. People get paid millions of dollars to design different systems all the time. Everyone driving on the right hand side of the road in the US is a good example of an easy system. And if people mess it up.. what happens? When you design systems you design the to be as easy as possible to get the most effectiveness.

Yeah but when someones not smart enough to figure out driving on the right side of the road we don't change the roads, we make them stop driving

When it comes down to "it's you're responsibility to know your age on any given day", I refuse to believe that needs to be made ANY simpler, regardless of how many people are confused by it

What about the people Bill coaches. Do you refuse to believe they should not know? By your statement they should.

Yeah but when someones not smart enough to figure out driving on the right side of the road we don't change the roads, we make them stop driving

you missed the entire point of my example, didnt you? i blame me for not making it clear or simple enough.

Yes the problem is that you're so smart I can't keep up with you... It has nothing to do with you just being wrong

Yes the problem is that you're so smart I can't keep up with you... It has nothing to do with you just being wrong

possibly.

you believe something is easy enough for you to understand then anyone who cannot understand it is fundamentally wrong.

i think the results of any system are the measure of the system. if the results arent desirable, the system is flawed.

that's the second time the board has randomly locked a thread on me. weird.

Back