All-Star How Many More Years?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i can confidently say that MOST freshmen in college can do it, the restrictions affected super duper seniors the most. last year i was a super duper senior, but with the new restrictions im 2 years pass the age :(
Haha I could "super duper senior" now and I'm a sophomore in college. Weird. If I had 2000 bucks i would in a heart beat.

Needs to be redesigned.

if people wouldnt pitch a fit id move us to better software tomorrow. but its hard training 10,000 people to use this one.

if people wouldnt pitch a fit id move us to better software tomorrow. but its hard training 10,000 people to use this one.

It's your board, do what you want with it! Its not like WE are paying for this, so our opinions shouldn't matter that much hahaha

It's your board, do what you want with it! Its not like WE are paying for this, so our opinions shouldn't matter that much hahaha

it's not mine. its the community's. the admins and moderators on here are just caretakers.

this board would not be what it is without everyone coming on and expressing their opinion. so it matters that people like to to chat easily about cheer and like it.

it's not mine. its the community's. the admins and moderators on here are just caretakers.

this board would not be what it is without everyone coming on and expressing their opinion. so it matters that people like to to chat easily about cheer and like it.

Hmm, true that. I'm too tired to think realistically now haha.

So, even though you've made this very easy, it's hard for all 10,000 people to understand it? Is that what you're saying?

So, even though you've made this very easy, it's hard for all 10,000 people to understand it? Is that what you're saying?

I wish I could say this is easy, but I have obviously failed to some capacity. Otherwise calikid would not have posted in allstar with shirt trades. Or I wouldn't get around 10 PM / emails a day asking why they can't post in allstar (2 days and 3 posts in newbies). This place is complicated and extremely intimidating, but highly functional. And it is always important to take a look at whatever you are doing and examine if it is being done the best possible way.

The answer is, for the moment and the resources that are available, this is what it is. But if the resources available to make the change are not a problem, if the solution causes no re-training, if in the end it only makes it easier for everyone, then yes, I would alter this thing in a second.

So, this is why I have planned out the technological side of the board out about 3 years. What it takes to run it, what software to use, how to make transitions the easiest, and to always have the correct resources available to handle the board.

You pretty much have to plan the entire year around 3 or 4 weekends in cheer. Worlds, NCA, Cheersport, and Jamfest (though CEA's showcase was a good test). The amount of concurrent people we had on during CEA would have ground the old boards to a halt (30-45 second load times per page). So the major upgrade that is gonna happen in the next month (you all wont notice, it will just be even faster again) is much needed before jamfest and things get insane again.

So, while completely going away from the original topic of all this, I will bring it back and finish my Sun Tzu quote from earlier:

If words of command are not clear and distinct, if orders are not thoroughly understood, the general is to blame.

But if his orders are clear, and the soldiers nevertheless disobey, then it is the fault of their officers.

The people who have had trouble figuring out ages, are they disobeying? If not, it is the failure of the system for not being clear enough.

A small image example of what I am talking about.

agegrid.jpg

The example was with last years numbers but on this seasons age grid. Excuse that each year is one more than allowed. Ease in use does not translate to ease in execution.

In all seriousness everyone knows if they are eligible for THIS year or not, the only time people get "confused" (I quote that because I don't think they are actually confused I believe they dont take 30 seconds to figure it out they just ask instead) is when they are trying to figure out down the road, and unless I'm missing something your way doesn't solve that

If you look at all the posts no one ever asks if they are eligible now, they say when is my last year, can I super senior that kind of thing

I'm super super super senioring this year lol. I'm a junior in college. Turned 19 on october 1st. My last eligible year :(

I'm pretty sure this can answer everyones questions pretty simply, unless I am figuring the math wrong

If your birthday is in January, February, March, April, May, June, July or August then do

(the year you were born) + 18 = equals the last year you can cheer

If your birthday is in September October November or December you would do

(the year you were born) + 19 = the last year you can cheer

The resulting year would be the beginning of the season so if you get 2013 your last year cheering would be the 2013-2014 season so for me since my birthday is September 1983 I would do

1983+19=2002

So by the current rules my last year of eligibility would have been the 2002-2003 season, which is correct because on August 31 2002 I was 18

I'm pretty sure this can answer everyones questions pretty simply, unless I am figuring the math wrong

If your birthday is in January, February, March, April, May, June, July or August then do

(the year you were born) + 18 = equals the last year you can cheer

If your birthday is in September October November or December you would do

(the year you were born) + 19 = the last year you can cheer

The resulting year would be the beginning of the season so if you get 2013 your last year cheering would be the 2013-2014 season so for me since my birthday is September 1983 I would do

1983+19=2002

So by the current rules my last year of eligibility would have been the 2002-2003 season, which is correct because on August 31 2002 I was 18

and you just made it a lot easier for our original poster to calculate. see, improve the system and make it easier. good stuff.

Back