All-Star How To Celebrate At Practice After A Win!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

One of our parents had a pool party- we are in Texas and it stays warm :) The kids loved it. My pet peeve is when the coaches promise free time if they win and then "forget". Movie night at someones house. We try to go eat together right after the comp.

I think you should celebrate your victories, big and small. We celebrate for deduction free, and I think it helps team morale which, in turn, helps with other things. We have better attitudes at practice, happy athletes, committed teams (these kids flip out when they have to miss practice for a funeral or a school function), and I think it creates a less stressful environment which creates routines that hit more consistently and kids that work harder. So YES, we will continue to celebrate. :chestbump:

We also watch video, talk about scoresheets, what we need to do better, etc. But I don't think there's anything wrong with rewarding a job well done with a little ice cream at the end of practice.

yeah true, not saying its a bad thing. but i mean okay, not trying to brag what so ever, but i have been cheering for 7 years and theres been only like 5 times were i havent gotten first . (i have always been on multiple tams) so if we celebrated every time we won, it would be alot. then also were from michigan and theres not tons of teams out here.... im not trying to sound rude, im just saying. and also, sometimes we do get to fun things, like for christmas we got to decorate a stocking. but i mean we dont have like parties! like you said theres nothing wrong with ice cream or slurpees or a snack. my coach just doesnt feel its nesscary to have a party. and just because we dont have parties for winning, our attidutes are still good and you know.

Back