I Can't Be The Only Person Offended By This

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, the ignorance of some people never fails to make me angry...

Who even wrote this? I find it hard to believe that it's anyone relevant and/or educated in cheerleading

I'm sad because I know that cheerleader! She's an amazing athlete! I also assure you that she has no issues what so ever with people finding her attractive. She is a beautiful girl by anyone's standards. Some people should get a life!!

WOW!

I can't believe how ridiculous that is! I think the girl looks beautiful and they aren't there to look 'sexy' for other people anyway! They are their to support their team and show spirit.

Sometimes I really wonder when people will get the picture that Cheerleading is an activity that requires skills and not just to look pretty.

That is very offensive. Cheering isn't sexy its a sport I too wear a a knee brace they author would not say that baseball player is ruining the sexy game by wearing a knee brace

Clearly whoever wrote this is bitter because they had to quit cheer because of knee injury...
;)

:confused: Oh my...some people really say these kinda things out loud? Well some one does not have alot of pride in themself.... :sharkchase:

The MALE who probably wrote this doesn't know the difference between a typical NFL "cheerleader" and NCAA cheerleaders. I know I've never seen a cheerleader on a pro football field with any thing on that would take away from their looks cause thats all they are there for.

That is one thing that irritates me about them being called cheerleaders - they don't lead cheers and they don't do anything other than dance, no tumbling or stunting which creates the stereotypes that all cheerleaders are well endowed with skimpy outfits that are just there for their looks :confused:

I was on a popular media & social networking site minding my own business when I came across an entry that made my blood start to boil. It was titled Should Cheerleaders Be Allowed To Cheer With Knee Braces It caught my attention because I cheer with a knee brace, and it was published by one of the more prominent members of the site. The post read:

"So I was watching South Carolina beat Alabama on Saturday and they showed this chick wearing a full blown knee brace on the sidelines. I guess I kind of respect her heart for being out there, but at some point you’re just hurting the team. Like I’m sorry honey, but knee braces just totally ruin the sexy vibe and defeats the whole purpose of being a cheerleader in the first place. I mean you might as well just be ugly at this point. Therefore I think the NCAA needs to institute some sort of rule to prevent s*** like this in the future. If cheerleaders need to wear than they shouldn’t be allowed to cheer on game day. It’s for everybody’s own protection."

[This picture was included with the entry]
IMG00101-20101009-18391-480x539.jpg
I find it quite rude actually, the concept of cheerleading is not to be "sexy" its to go out and cheer because its something you love.

You are obviously not alone in taking offense to this. :( As KDCheerMom wrote, this is offensive on several fronts.

Back