All-Star I'm Starting All Star Cheerleading In 2 Weeks (half-year)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would definitely try to get your back and front walkover..they're skills that you will use no matter what level you're on (for example, in level 2 you will need a standing back walkover backhandspring and you can always add a front walkover before any pass in any level). At my gym, everyone on a level 2 team has a back walkover, front walkover, and backhandspring. If you can work on all three simultaneously, even better :)
Ooooh ok thank you so much

So is that normal? Not trying to offend anyone when I say that!
Some people are just never taught it. I learned my bwo in gymnastics before I started cheering. Then I did school cheer and finally all start after that. I don't think I would have learned a bwo if it weren't for gymnastics.

So is that normal? Not trying to offend anyone when I say that!
Cp said that unless you were on a level 1 team and were taught a back walkover, there was never a need to use it in competition. I think she was on a mini level 1 her first season, but it was a half year team that did maybe 1-2 competitions and she got her bhs shortly after that. Granted, our first gym was more of a "chuck it" gym meaning they did not work on perfection before progression or proper progression of skills, so you might be much better off learning that back walkover before moving onto the bhs. I don't remember my older former-cp having a back walkover either, but she started out on a level 2 team with a bhs.

Oh haha. I was scared, I thought they didn't. I was five seconds from :deathdrop:.
some gyms have different uniforms for their half year teams (usually a cheaper options) and some gyms use the same uniforms, but I don't think I've ever seen a team without uniforms :) so don't worry!

some gyms have different uniforms for their half year teams (usually a cheaper options) and some gyms use the same uniforms, but I don't think I've ever seen a team without uniforms :) so don't worry!
Thank you and Idc about if it's cheaper, I just want to cheer!:p

I had a lot of fun when I was on half year. We started in December and got our routine around late January, early February. Before we got our routine we worked on stunting and tumbling and jumps and it was a great time for people to get new tumbling(my toe touch went from barely off the ground to almost hyper extended). The practices weren't too stressful, and it was a great way to get into the all star cheer world without the full commitment right away. The tuition at my gym for half year (well at least when I did it) was 80$ compared to 140$ for full year. The tryouts at my gym are the same for full year and half year and it's more like evaluations than tryouts. It's like an open tumbling class. At the time of try outs I barely had a standing back handspring and I was put on a senior 2 (along with people with no tumbling at all). This past season my gym had levels 1-3 for half year and there were many people without level 2 tumbling on the level 3 teams. The competitions were "local" (one 30 min from my house, the other 2 and a half hours) and they were a like a mix between all star and school competitions. After the competition season was over, we still had practices and worked more on stunting tumbling and jumps. I'm not sure if you're planning on eventually switching to full year, but I felt that when I switched over to full year the next season I had an easier start than someone who started out just with full year would. Sorry for how long this is oops hahaha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I had a lot of fun when I was on half year. We started in December and got our routine around late January, early February. Before we got our routine we worked on stunting and tumbling and jumps and it was a great time for people to get new tumbling(my toe touch went from barely off the ground to almost hyper extended). The practices weren't too stressful, and it was a great way to get into the all star cheer world without the full commitment right away. The tuition at my gym for half year (well at least when I did it) was 80$ compared to 140$ for full year. The tryouts at my gym are the same for full year and half year and it's more like evaluations than tryouts. It's like an open tumbling class. At the time of try outs I barely had a standing back handspring and I was put on a senior 2 (along with people with no tumbling at all). This past season my gym had levels 1-3 for half year and there were many people without level 2 tumbling on the level 3 teams. The competitions were "local" (one 30 min from my house, the other 2 and a half hours) and they were a like a mix between all star and school competitions. After the competition season was over, we still had practices and worked more on stunting tumbling and jumps. I'm not sure if you're planning on eventually switching to full year, but I felt that when I switched over to full year the next season I had an easier start than someone who started out just with full year would. Sorry for how long this is oops hahaha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
It's ok that it's long haha and yes I'm switching over to full year next year. I feel more confident now that you shared this with me haha

Yeah sooo today we had to condition ALOT because someone dropped their flyer and she landed on the ground. I'm not complaining though, I think it's an appropriate consequence. I would want the same if someone dropped me. My body is like :confused: I feel terrible

Yeah sooo today we had to condition ALOT because someone dropped their flyer and she landed on the ground. I'm not complaining though, I think it's an appropriate consequence. I would want the same if someone dropped me. My body is like :confused: I feel terrible
When you join a full year, expect a ton of conditioning, no matter the level. Your body will get use to it if you keep pushing through it. Good Luck!!

Back