All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've been waiting all day to post these. Some are real throwbacks and the routines are obviously not at the level they are now but back then they were killer. What they lack in skill though, they make up in choreography and entertainment.

WC Starlites 2007 Worlds - All time favorite routine. I'm pretty sure the last pass is Kelsey Rule (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) That girl does not get a break from running tumbling all the way til the end. I'd be dead.

All Star Legacy J5 2008 - Also one of my favorite routines ever. Someone took down their Worlds Prelims video. This video does not do their routine justice like the Worlds one does. Their choreography is so so so entertaining. Jumps are dance are great. Also, in Prelims at Worlds, one of their bases hurt her knee really bad like 20 seconds into the routine. In their partner stunt, the spotter and another teammate in the stunt group helped her off the floor. The routine went on and, if I remember correctly, every stunt hit, even the ones she was basing in. I think a front spot jumped in all her spots so the stunts could go up. Really quite something, especially for a young team. And in the worlds video, that little boy in the beginning threw a standing whip full with another little girl. A junior team. in 2008.

GBE Lime 2010 - I think the whole board was Lime obsessed back in 2010. Those girls can perform the heck outta their routine. I love the broadway theme they did every year, too.

Celebrity Cheer Junior 5 2008- Before they merged with East Elite and became ECE.

ECE J5 2013 - Out of the 24,000 views on this video, I can assure you that 23,00 of them are mine. There are other videos of this routine that show the whole mat but it does not do their energy justice. Ugh so good.

Cali Jr. Mafia 2012
California Allstars Junior Mafia @ Jamz 11-17-12 - YouTube

Double post, but I'm like 99% sure that little boy on Legacy is the same boy that's done the crazy bounce back passes on Reign the last couple years. I used to watch him tumble at open gyms all the time and I was in awe.

Double post, but I'm like 99% sure that little boy on Legacy is the same boy that's done the crazy bounce back passes on Reign the last couple years. I used to watch him tumble at open gyms all the time and I was in awe.

That is the same boy, DJ from Reign! He is amazing to watch. I have to force myself to watch the pyramid and not him while he bounces back in front of it so that I can see the pyramid too.

That is the same boy, DJ from Reign! He is amazing to watch. I have to force myself to watch the pyramid and not him while he bounces back in front of it so that I can see the pyramid too.
Yep, watching him and Sheldon tumble together back in the day was great! My high school cheer coach is really good friends with his mom, so she's always posting/sharing videos on facebook.

"Let's play catch I'll throw the shade, yall girlcan't take my lemonade" So obsessed with that routined music.

"Learn it love it! Deserve it and serve it!" I just can't! They were so fierce!

So many great athletes came out of these teams! It was so incredible when they went head to head! To be on a senior team was something you dreamed of back then. But, if you were an extraordinary Junior team, you might make it to finals at Worlds like the Seniors!

PLEASE GOODNESS NO. I love Juniors, but please don't bring them back to Worlds. I beg of you.

I'd love to see the Worlds age group adjusted, but I doubt that will happen in my lifetime.

omg I remember that! It was our first year so I was CLUELESS! That would have been the trip from he double L.

Could you imagine? Our team was a young mini 1, I remember some used to cry just having their uniform put on them. It would have been a weekend of screaming, crying, bathroom accidents, and lots of wine.

I'm glad someone posted all those videos! In the 1st one you can see the crowd is just as pumped as when the large senior 5's would hit the floor. I honestly feel like the teams were that amazing because gyms weren't stacking the worlds teams with 12 year olds. It feels like once Juniors left Worlds the average age of a worlds team dropped drastically.
Taking Juniors back to Worlds will halt this crazy push to get kids on World teams, will probably decrease the amount of overuse or fatigue injuries in the younger set and still give them something to work towards besides that 1 in a million shot at a Summit bid.
I also think Juniors going back will help the Y5 division.

This routine used to be my religion, one of the first I remember watching and learning.

Also FAME THE J5 is always a ridiculously strong team to watch.

I loved how FAME THE J5 always had "We Built This City" in their music. Lovedddd it.

Cheer Dynasty's J5 in 2008 had a Hairspray theme and I was hella obsessed with the ripple in their stunt sequence to Good Morning, Baltimore.

Back