All-Star Jambrand's Major Prize.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

16-22 members of CoEd Elite will
Be there in Europe along with Ben and I. We are honored and excited for this once in a lifetime opportunity.
We all wish the whole team could go, but this being an Olympic year priced the trip out for
Many families. Jam brands and Nfiniti rewarded our team with complete gear head to toe including warmups, shoes, shorts and bags. IMO it was a fantastic event and experience with or without the European trip. If we are lucky enough to be selected we will certainly attend again. I do think the trip will not be the prize next season and I know they are working on a more realistic prize for the winning team. Good luck at tryouts everyone!
Courtney

Courtney,

You're being beyond gracious in this post and in your attitude. While I admire your ability to rise above the situation (and like to think I usually can do so), this is a horrible situation that JamBrands has created. And I'm not aware of a single word of apology or explanation.

Maybe they apologized to the owners of CEA and CA. But I would think that would have gotten down to the parents and that apparently hasn't happened. So, I'm going to say it didn't. They probably should also apologize and explain to the teams and fans.

This is just so frustrating to me because I have always loved JamBrands and all the unique things they've tried to bring to the sport (not the least of which is no spectator fees at their events).

But this was a very public failure and it deserves a public fix.

One day, the people that run this sport/industry will grasp the reality of the environment in which they operate. They will see that, even with all the growth over the last 10 years, the very existence is fragile.

I trust the realization will happen before the sport loses itself.

kind of a bummer for the 15 or so kids from coed that will be sitting at home reading tweets from the teammates that could afford to go! Maybe they will bring back some cool trinkets to share with the poorer few.

Be there in Europe along with Ben and I. We are honored and excited for this once in a lifetime opportunity.
We all wish the whole team could go, but this being an Olympic year priced the trip out for
Many families. Jam brands and Nfiniti rewarded our team with complete gear head to toe including warmups, shoes, shorts and bags. IMO it was a fantastic event and experience with or without the European trip. If we are lucky enough to be selected we will certainly attend again. I do think the trip will not be the prize next season and I know they are working on a more realistic prize for the winning team. Good luck at tryouts everyone!
Courtney
I want to say, since I have been very outspoken about this situation, I want to take NOTHING away from CEA or CA on their victories and those that choose participate, I truly hope that they have the experience of their lives. I agree that the "trip" was an unrealistic award, however, that is what was advertised. If they told you something different leading up to the event, it's news to everyone else (not saying that you did). I commend your program for following through with your end, I just wish for your program and all of those that participated that Jamfest would live up to theirs.

Is there a jambrands rep on the board? Just curious if the company has any public statements or apologies to all the teams (UK and the Majors participants) that have been mislead. It seems like they've just been riding low and hoping that it would all be overlooked and go unnoticed. The Majors still would have been great with a different prize. They should own up to their mistakes and apologize/help pay more of the trip/compensate for the clinic or something! I also wish there was another option to JamBrands & Varsity, but I'm sure whatever company that would be would also probably have the same issues.

@Ceacoach I'm very impressed by the class and positive outlook on the situation. I'm excited for you, your husband, and athletes to experience the trip. I'm sure ya'll will have a great time, I only wish you would have gotten what was initially promised!

NEliteSteven - May 11, 2012 at 2:59 AM
New
UK Cheer Girl said: ↑
I just want to clarify what I said previously about expecting the clinic to be free to UK competitors, I didn't mean that the US teams should be providing it for free, rather that I had expected Jambrands to be paying rather than the competitors, after paying £50 ($80 ish?) just for first team cheer entry (no group stunt/dance or whatever included) on the back of promises like, 'Top US teams will perform and a clinic'. I agree that, much as I will miss them, CA and CEa should boycott the whole trip, or do an alternative clinic were the money goes in their own pocket. I don't know why this hasn't been attempted before, I know plenty of UK cheerleaders that would pay big and surely go a long way to covering the costs?
$80 is a steal, FYI.

For what we get at Jamfest Europe I'm not sure $80 would be a steal. There's no sprung floor in warmup. Only some narrow, barely sprung 'tumble strips'. I am sure you pay a lot more in the US but I'd say you are getting more benefits for your money. A friend's team have still not had their trophy from last year which Jamfest said they would post.

Heavily disappointed that Panthers and not the whole of Coed Elite are coming to Jamfest in a matter of weeks as originally advertised and promoted to us. However, I am so excited to see some members of Coed Elite that I have watched in many 2by2 videos and Worlds live streams. I can finally witness American cheerleading in real life as I am only 16 and on a level 2 team, will never be able to compete or watch Worlds. So I am grateful even if it not a full team, but several members to come to Liverpool.

For what we get at Jamfest Europe I'm not sure $80 would be a steal. There's no sprung floor in warmup. Only some narrow, barely sprung 'tumble strips'. I am sure you pay a lot more in the US but I'd say you are getting more benefits for your money. A friend's team have still not had their trophy from last year which Jamfest said they would post.
What??? What are the warm up conditions like? What do they have and how much time do you get on it? I would have thought an American company would at least have a proper warmup area.

What??? What are the warm up conditions like? What do they have and how much time do you get on it? I would have thought an American company would at least have a proper warmup area.
First year they used a gymnastics tumble strip which was a good size (bigger than the diagonal of the cheer floor plus some)..but not a cheer tumble strip. They also used an old dull coloured tiffin floor in the warmup. Last year they used a more decent tiffin floor and a sprung tumble strip which was NOT long enough to warm up level 5 tumles and it was all broken. The actual floor was AV's floor and was different to both of the warmup surfaces. The competition floor is fine but the warm up was dangerous

You are more than welcome any time ;) Come train with us before the comp if you want. Oh and don't be jealous of the gym yet, the leaking roof, no heating and crumbling walls will soon put your jealousy at bay. But hey, we have a comp size sprung floor to play on :D
ahh it beats my 5 strips of roll mat!!

Courtney
My kids will be beyond delighted to hear you and your athletes are coming over! You will have an amazing trip and I hope my rockstars get to meet your talented team!! it would make their year!

see you in liverpool!

An athlete from Liverpool came running up to me at Worlds and gave me the most beautiful heart of the ocean replica necklace. Since the Titanic was built and sailed out of Liverpool she thought if I wore it at Worlds it would bring us luck... I didnt take it off all weekend .. We can't wait to meet everyone especially if this young lady is any indication of how kind the people of Liverpool are. Very excited to be teaching the stunt clinic Saturday there with our team

An athlete from Liverpool came running up to me at Worlds and gave me the most beautiful heart of the ocean replica necklace. Since the Titanic was built and sailed out of Liverpool she thought if I wore it at Worlds it would bring us luck... I didnt take it off all weekend .. We can't wait to meet everyone especially if this young lady is any indication of how kind the people of Liverpool are. Very excited to be teaching the stunt clinic Saturday there with our team

Thank you so much and I can't wait to meet you all again. Sending my clinic entry in today :)

Last year there was a tiffin (non sprung) floor with about 6 mins warmup time. Also around 5 mins on the dodgy tumble strip things as someone above described. The year before they opened up the comp floor for open tumbling to compensate but last year they didn't bother, presumably because they thought the dodgy tumble strip things were good enough. They weren't. Anyway this is not particularly relevant so let's leave it there. Although I will say this thread has opened up my eyes to the way Jamfest are viewed by many as a bit corrupt. People in the UK have massive respect for then but maybe we should look abut closer.

Last year there was a tiffin (non sprung) floor with about 6 mins warmup time. Also around 5 mins on the dodgy tumble strip things as someone above described. The year before they opened up the comp floor for open tumbling to compensate but last year they didn't bother, presumably because they thought the dodgy tumble strip things were good enough. They weren't. Anyway this is not particularly relevant so let's leave it there. Although I will say this thread has opened up my eyes to the way Jamfest are viewed by many as a bit corrupt. People in the UK have massive respect for then but maybe we should look abut closer.
They did open up the floor as I practiced my tumbles on it but I THINK it was only for level 4/5 teams..it was definately level 5 not 100% about 4!

Latest posts

Back