All-Star Jambrand's Major Prize.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They did open up the floor as I practiced my tumbles on it but I THINK it was only for level 4/5 teams..it was definately level 5 not 100% about 4!
im hoping they do it this year for level 5 at least but i know for sure alot of my level 3 passes wont fit on the little warm up track

An athlete from Liverpool came running up to me at Worlds and gave me the most beautiful heart of the ocean replica necklace. Since the Titanic was built and sailed out of Liverpool she thought if I wore it at Worlds it would bring us luck... I didnt take it off all weekend .. We can't wait to meet everyone especially if this young lady is any indication of how kind the people of Liverpool are. Very excited to be teaching the stunt clinic Saturday there with our team
Liverpool people are super kind ;) My girls are so excited to meet co-ed elite, most of them have already sent off their clinic applications. Do you know if coaches are able to watch as I would love to see what my girls are doing and to pick up some tips from you, Ben and the rest of your posse.

Liverpool people are super kind ;) My girls are so excited to meet co-ed elite, most of them have already sent off their clinic applications. Do you know if coaches are able to watch as I would love to see what my girls are doing and to pick up some tips from you, Ben and the rest of your posse.

I can't compete as I have been away at university but I am going as a coach to the competition and attending the camp too. If you pay coaches registration you get the clinic for £15 (athlete's price). I guess you can either participate or see the coaching techniques as a coach. May be good to do both (watch and try the techniques as it will be easier to explain in the future!)

It seems like they've just been riding low and hoping that it would all be overlooked and go unnoticed.
Seems that way. Just feels like whether it's Jambrands, Varsity, USASF....whoever, till it affects their bottom line, no need to rock the boat. Even they won't see any fallout from this if there is any till the next Majors rolls around. And if 10 more teams jump at the chance, you'll never hear a word about this.

I've never seen the IEP link. Thanks for sharing! As for Cheersport - I LOVE THEM - My favorite company and I've only ever had GREAT experiences with them! They are however under the varsity umbrella right? This doesn't change my opinion of them, but I still lump them in with varsity.

They participate in the Varsity Family plan, but they are independently owned. They are not owned by Varsity no matter how many times people claim it.

We had a similar problem at one of the smaller Jamfest comps here in Philly. The warmup area was EXTREMELY dark, and only had one floor and one strip. The staffers refused to turn the lights up, why I'm not sure. Our I5 and J5 had to warmup at the same time, and because of the lack of mats, neither team had a chance to warmup tumbling and to top it off-while practicing baskets, the girls could barely see their fliers prompting the coaches to stop them warming up. It was COMPLETELY unsafe in so many ways. Both teams and our coaches were fuming.

*on a side note, they scored one of our teams wrong at the this comp, reviewed it and promised to rectify it-never did. Very disappointed in this company-almost as much so as I am in Cheer Tech (and that's saying alot)

Just seen this on JAMfest Europes facebook: 'We want to update you on a few things for JAMfest Europe. As many of you know, Cheer Athletics and Cheer Extreme won a trip to attend JAMfest Europe by winning The MAJORS. They each received a large amount of money to help offset the cost of traveling to Europe. Even with this money, the teams knew they would have to fundraise for the trip. They have found organizing the trip to be tricky, with the fundraising, graduations, summer family schedules, etc. We want you to know that Cheer Athletics, Cheer Extreme and JAMfest, from the beginning, have worked hard to make this trip possible. Currently, Cheer Extreme will be attending JAMfest Europe with a majority of their team and they are excited to see everyone at the competition and clinic'

Just seen this on JAMfest Europes facebook: 'We want to update you on a few things for JAMfest Europe. As many of you know, Cheer Athletics and Cheer Extreme won a trip to attend JAMfest Europe by winning The MAJORS. They each received a large amount of money to help offset the cost of traveling to Europe. Even with this money, the teams knew they would have to fundraise for the trip. They have found organizing the trip to be tricky, with the fundraising, graduations, summer family schedules, etc. We want you to know that Cheer Athletics, Cheer Extreme and JAMfest, from the beginning, have worked hard to make this trip possible. Currently, Cheer Extreme will be attending JAMfest Europe with a majority of their team and they are excited to see everyone at the competition and clinic'
All I thought while reading that was one bug half truth.

Someone has been stalking fierceboard...

I saw this and had to step away from my computer before I threw it through the window in disgust. The one thing I hate most in the world is liars; and this is full of lies and half truths and twisted truths!!! :mad:

Someone has been stalking fierceboard...
Ha too right! I'm so thankful to be part of the Fierceboard, to find out 'both sides' of things that happen in the cheer world....If I wasn't I'd be none the wiser to this saga.

I just read it and didn't have any words that could describe what I thought when I saw it.

I assume this is their 'apology' or making it seem less 'bad' to those, who didn't know what was fuly advertised/promised!

(sorry for double post - ran our of editing time on previous)

The bit that gets me the most is 'the teams knew they would have to fundraise for the trip.' the main thing I've been getting from all the posts about this is that the teams were not aware they'd need to fundraise, most of the teams probably wouldn't have gone if they knew they had to pay for it, especially since it was advertised as a trip first..... I wish they'd do the right thing and admitted they messed up big time and owe the athletes and coaches that won this 'prize' a massive apology and what the prize that they should have been given!!

The bit that gets me the most is 'the teams knew they would have to fundraise for the trip.' the main thing I've been getting from all the posts about this is that the teams were not aware they'd need to fundraise, most of the teams probably wouldn't have gone if they knew they had to pay for it, especially since it was advertised as a trip first..... I wish they'd do the right thing and admitted they messed up big time and owe the athletes and coaches that won this 'prize' a massive apology and what the prize that they should have been given!!

Giving a trip to Europe is not the same as giving you a small (very small) part of the trip to Europe. Jamfest, what is wrong with you? Seriously. It's like telling a kid "you win a whole cake!" and giving them one bite. But only after you've tricked them into working hard and paying money for a chance at the entire cake.

Back