All-Star January 2017 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I will say after seeing Blackout in person this weekend, they are a great team. They perform VERY well. I can see where many arguments may stem from watching videos and comparing skill for skill with other teams. However, I think they are out performing a lot of the division right now. It was a tight race between them and Supers for Grand. Also things to keep in mind with scoring is that over here on the East Coast, specifically NC and up, we tend to have much harsher judging. Paid bids are won with 94's and 95's. My senior 2 last year won overall high point of two different large national events with a 94.9. That same team outscored Coed Elite, Senior Elite, F5, Reign, Cobalt, SSX and other worlds teams with a 94.2 at CDE. Our teams score in the 94-95 range here and then get to NCA and score in the 96's and 97's. So I really don't think Blackout's score is really lacking. They're scoring high when considering our region and the way scores play out over here. I expect they'll be back in the 96 and up range when they get on a Varsity score sheet outside the South East/North East area.

where did maryland twisters blackout come from? i know they are out of their new gym. but did another gym around there close down and all the kids went to them? or something like that?

where did maryland twisters blackout come from? i know they are out of their new gym. but did another gym around there close down and all the kids went to them? or something like that?

I am not from their program to answer with 100% certainty, but my understanding is that many of them came from Legacy and Cheer Tyme. Either way Shelton has done a fantastic job with them.

Am I the only not seeing how BlackOut is scoring so well, like I have yet to be wowed from them (except for those standing fulls).

ECE M5 looks absolutely incredible IMO they are the head runner in the divison, that routine is going to scoooooore.

I agree.. can't figure out how they beat Brandon and how they are scoring so high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accurate. I was told the team is pretty young this year, and that a lot of the people who've been on the team since it was formed decided not to return this season. And a few were placed on Ice Out instead.
I also heard Jamie Parrish did part (or all? can't remember) of Ice Queen's routine, which is strange because like @XtremeWpg , I find parts of it good but overall it's underwhelming. Part of the problem might be that there's not a huge supply of level 5/6 athletes around here, and that there aren't many strong school/university teams in the area.
It does make me happy to see how far Ice Out has come, compared to the first time they had a level 6 team.

And @DanaBurkey , did that competition venue really look like the inside of a Hollister store? (and yay for Hurricane returning.)
Facts:
I'm coaching both Hurricane and Ice Queens. 16 of the girls on the Ice Queens team this year come from Level 4. The only former Ice Queen on Ice Out is Jazzy and there's an alternate from our 2015-16 roster on that team this year, too.
Ice Queens are approaching the season in two parts: 2016 was our rebuilding year. 2017 will be great and I think you'll be happy with where we end up taking the routine and how far we are able to develop these new Ice Queens; we just need to do it step by step. Trust me, the long term plan is in place ;)
We most definitely did our best to make the Ice Out Roster unstoppable. Coming 3rd in the world and bringing home a 2nd globe is a big deal and Ice Out is working hard to remain on top of their game. They are some of the most commited and hard working athletes in the sport.
We are truly blessed with the talent at VAS and for being in the northwest, we are so fortunate to have been able to field a new IQs team that, although young, does meet the high range of L5 ST and RT. As Robin points out, the Northwest is... well, just that, The Northwest.
As for Hurricane... They're an awesome Sr3 Team and a joy to work with. They've probably done more full outs than any team I've ever coached and it's only January! Grand Champs at both their first comps and I Love having the legendary Hurricane Ladies back on the schedule ♥
If you have any other questions ... comment :)

@gforcevas
Grand Champs at their first comps?!?!? CONGRATS!!! Is there a video of them in this thread (or the December thread....or the wiki...or anywhere)? I'd love to see it! I love a good non-worlds routine!!!

There's one on page 4 of this thread, along with Ice Queens and Ice Out.

And based off how well their large senior 4 has done in past seasons, there's no doubt that Ice Queens'll get where they need to be soon.

They were also able to field a j5 this year.

Back