All-Star Junior 4.2?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have seen level 2.1 as well. My cousin's daughter was on a competitive rec squad last year, and that was the division they were competing in at a rec only comp.

LOL..I saw this and went to the cheer company web-site...its says "don't see a division just ask" thats all we need gyms making up ther own divsions...stop the madness
cheerleading, GottaCheer Registration
Senior 5.1...No age restriction, plus it's a world team...Now my 8 year old and her grandma can go to worlds! I could be on to something..;)

I have seen level 2.1 as well. My cousin's daughter was on a competitive rec squad last year, and that was the division they were competing in at a rec only comp.

There is really no regulation of rec divisions - they don't have to follow USASF legalities rules (but often do, just because it is an easy, already-defined standard) or age/level rules. Rec leagues are like the wild west, lol.

Our local rec team is Senior 3.1???? When I was told what level they were competing I was like huh! My cp will for sure be sticking with allstar. Much easier to understand, for me anyway.

Our local rec team is Senior 3.1???? When I was told what level they were competing I was like huh! My cp will for sure be sticking with allstar. Much easier to understand, for me anyway.

Senior 3.1 actually makes a ton of sense for rec. Most rec teams have pathetic practice facilities and tumbling takes time, individualized attention, and, let's be honest, a tumble track, incline mats, and a spring floor are awfully helpful when teaching tumbling - most rec teams suffer from a lack of all of these. If you're one coach for 25 girls, it takes nearly an hour to give each kid just two minutes of individualized attention - and no matter how many drills and how much conditioning you do, if you've only got a couple of panel mats to work on, there just isn't going to be enough time to get a majority of the kids to running tucks and standing series BHS when the majority start the year not even being able to do a cartwheel (and 20% having never done a forward roll). On the other hand, you can safely work with multiple stunt groups at the same time, and the only specialized equipment you need are mats. It should also be noted that most EPs do not offer senior divisions less than level 3 (for instance, I've never seen a senior 2 or senior 1 division offered at a competition) but this year, some EPs have begun offering 3.1 and 2.1, and it really, really makes sense from my personal experience as a rec coach.

Senior 3.1 actually makes a ton of sense for rec.

Oh I completely understand the need for this level in rec. I had just never even heard of that level before they mentioned it so it sounded odd. For our local team it is just as you said as far as tumbling so its great that the division exists or they would be at a huge disadvantage to a level 3 team (tumble and stunts) . There is no tumbling instructor at all that I know of so they couldn't compete at a level 3 tumble, competitively anyway. Since you brought it up I wonder why allstar has levels 1 and 2 for senior and rec doesn't?

Senior 3.1 actually makes a ton of sense for rec. Most rec teams have pathetic practice facilities and tumbling takes time, individualized attention, and, let's be honest, a tumble track, incline mats, and a spring floor are awfully helpful when teaching tumbling - most rec teams suffer from a lack of all of these. If you're one coach for 25 girls, it takes nearly an hour to give each kid just two minutes of individualized attention - and no matter how many drills and how much conditioning you do, if you've only got a couple of panel mats to work on, there just isn't going to be enough time to get a majority of the kids to running tucks and standing series BHS when the majority start the year not even being able to do a cartwheel (and 20% having never done a forward roll). On the other hand, you can safely work with multiple stunt groups at the same time, and the only specialized equipment you need are mats. It should also be noted that most EPs do not offer senior divisions less than level 3 (for instance, I've never seen a senior 2 or senior 1 division offered at a competition) but this year, some EPs have begun offering 3.1 and 2.1, and it really, really makes sense from my personal experience as a rec coach.

You haven't seen any senior 2 or 1 teams offered at ANY all star competitions this year? I've seen them at ALL the competitions we have attended. Or did you mean at rec competitions? The gym my kids cheer at have a senior 1 and 2 senior 2 teams, so I know every EP offers those levels...

You haven't seen any senior 2 or 1 teams offered at ANY all star competitions this year? I've seen them at ALL the competitions we have attended. Or did you mean at rec competitions? The gym my kids cheer at have a senior 1 and 2 senior 2 teams, so I know every EP offers those levels...

I meant senior 1 and 2 Rec divisions, sorry if that wasn't clear. I just looked it up, and I see that JamBrands is now offering junior and senior 2, but level 1 isn't offered for junior or senior age divisions (and in the fall, we weren't offered the option of level 2, either): http://www.thejambrands.com/divisions/011-2012JBRecCheer.pdf

Back