All-Star Kendall Jenner Representing Varsity On E!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm torn on this topic.... :rolleyes:

On one hand...excellent PR move for Varsity. I agree with Little Miss that the segment itself featured more than an All-Star cheerleader. It encompassed the everyday cheerleader (who may out number competitive cheerleaders, idk...I haven't seen the NFHS/Pop Warner/Rec numbers for 2010/2011 -- Does that data exist?).

But..... like INeverStopCheering said, we're trying to move the perception of cheerleading from "just a club" to an athletic sport. Someone more skilled and notable would have been the better choice. I'm definitely tired of hearing about actresses who "cheered" when they're simply referring to making the squad for one game-squad season and have never competed.

I'd like to see more positive publicity towards competitions (without the "Bring it On" references of cattiness and bickering between all girl squads); and highlight coed teams and all-girl teams that are completely phenomenal. Forget "Dance Moms" ...Cheerleader Nation was an awesome show!

i saw nothing wrong with her being a spokes person for varsity. just because she is a celebrity so to speak it shows that shes also humans and she does love the sport that she does. and she is showing the sport in a positive way just because its not all stars and she isnt in all stars doesnt mean she cant be a spokes person IMO i thought she handled her self in a very mature way.. and made the sport look good not just pom poms & rah rah rah's.. they like to give back to the community and they are trying to get the word out to other cheerleaders/programs.. i dont nothing wrong with using her as the marketing piece, everyone knows the "kardashian/jenner" last name. everyone pretty much knows she cheers, and everyone pretty much watches E!

I SAY GOOD JOB KENDALL!

ps- i just re-read some of ya'lls post and that interview wasnt about "OH LOOK AT ME TUMBLE, STUNT, JUMP, DANCE...." it was about giving back to the community and then of course that retarded wedding!

i'm sorry but it was really bothering me. can we please say stupid or overrated since both fit better?

I may be crazy but I love the kardashians/jenners. Like I said a couple of weeks ago if for some reason the Jenner girls ended up on Cali somehow even on level 2, I'd die haha :)

I will say that Kendall is very committed to cheerleading. There was one episode she denied a job offer with her modeling because she had to go home for school and cheer. Just because she's not part of an 'elite' program, you can tell it's something she is passionate about.

This promo spot was not about promoting cheerleading becoming a sport (like the Today show piece). It was about promoting National School Spirit Day and the community service that goes with that. An all-star cheerleader wouldn't be the appropriate spokesperson for that. Varsity could have used someone like Ryan Martin, but I think they wanted to reach current high school cheerleaders. Cheerleader Nation is an old enough show that the people who watched that are now in college (and most of them aren't involved in cheer anymore). The current high school cheerleaders know the Kardashian/Jenner name, and they wanted a spokesperson who is their age. I'm hesitant to say someone they can "relate" to, because her life is so vastly different from 99% of American teens, but it is someone they identify with-she's a kid too.

@lakerfantlc , I'll touch it. Because your cp (as well as a couple other anonymous Moms on the board's cps) would get MY vote for repping Varsity over Kendall Jenner.

I find it offensive and degrading for Varsity to choose a fam-lebrity (cuz let's face it, she was born to famous family, but, really, what has she done herself?) rather than choosing a legitimate, high-skill-level, title-winning athlete that eats, sleeps and breathes cheer. I can be "well-spoken" and "sweet" too, but that doesn't mean I should rep Varsity, either. I can name 10 cheerleaders that would represent the brand as amazing athletes and phenomenal role models, who don't have all the "mess" this family has. I would feel the same way if it was Paula Abdul, too. This whole thing is a joke and an insult.

Maybe I can get non-cp a deal with Adidas since he really likes to play league soccer. Oh, wait, his sister is a beautiful, clothed, clever, funny girl who isn't famous for being famous. Nevermind.

@lakerfantlc , I'll touch it. Because your cp (as well as a couple other anonymous Moms on the board's cps) would get MY vote for repping Varsity over Kendall Jenner.

I find it offensive and degrading for Varsity to choose a fam-lebrity (cuz let's face it, she was born to famous family, but, really, what has she done herself?) rather than choosing a legitimate, high-skill-level, title-winning athlete that eats, sleeps and breathes cheer. I can be "well-spoken" and "sweet" too, but that doesn't mean I should rep Varsity, either. I can name 10 cheerleaders that would represent the brand as amazing athletes and phenomenal role models, who don't have all the "mess" this family has. I would feel the same way if it was Paula Abdul, too. This whole thing is a joke and an insult.

Maybe I can get non-cp a deal with Adidas since he really likes to play league soccer. Oh, wait, his sister is a beautiful, clothed, clever, funny girl who isn't famous for being famous. Nevermind.
but the real question I have for you mama...is there a sextape in your family? oops...I did it:cool:

The average high school cheerleader, that isn't involved in competitive cheerleading (high school or all star) probably wont care about any of that. A regular title winning-high-skill-level etc cheerleader also wont attract the same audience or reach as many people as a Kris Jenner spawn... Sometimes in life it isn't about being "the best" its more about "what sells" and right now lets face it... Kris Jenner's children are "winning" (except for Kylie and Rob).

Now from what I gather, just because Kendall isn't the best cheerleader in the world, doesn't make her any less of a cheerleader as she clearly loves cheerleading (i.e that episode where she didn't want to go to a photoshoot bc she had cheer practice). So what if she said in A/C mag that her team just got extensions...if its what she enjoys doing why try to take away from it just because shes famous. Sure being famous by association got her in the door (on the cover and affiliated with Varsity) but I mean... its just Varsity's School Spirit Day...theres no need to make it more than what it is.

At the end of the day, what her high school team does is more relatable to the average middle and high school cheerleaders, so why wouldn't she be the perfect representative? Its already been pointed out that Varsity School Spirit Day isn't geared toward the All Star sect.

Also Corinne Foxx (Jamie Foxx's daughter) cheers with Kendall at school (and shes in that photo album that someone else posted) is going to be on the cover of American Cheerleader soon.

@lakerfantlc - There is a vid. It's mine. You'll find it in the horror/gore section, but that's between us ;)

@HeresAThought - Not trying to take away from her cheerleader-ness, just saying that there could be much better representatives that are great all-around student athletes. I would expect any athlete, on any team, to skip a photo shoot (which her mother should never have scheduled on a practice day, anyway,) in order to support the team by participating, so that doesn't impress me a bit. I get why they chose her, I just don't agree with their choice.

Let's face it though....Kendall wants to be a model. Being a spokes model for Varsity is the best job that she can get as a teenager. If I were Kris, I'd definitely aim for a Proactive or Neutrogena commercial instead - due to her bad skin shown in the current season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

All of them have taped their assets to make money - that is the goal for every American, the American dream. We can't knock'em for that.

But we can definitely voice our professional cheerleader opinion on who Varsity should choose to represent our industry in front of the nation. In the name of National School Spirit Day, Jenner (or any other celebrity's daughter) is a good choice. If she continues to promote the brand as a representative for cheerleaders...then we have a huge problem. The representative needs to be a highly skilled athlete to promote our athletic image.

Let's face it though....Kendall wants to be a model. Being a spokes model for Varsity is the best job that she can get as a teenager. If I were Kris, I'd definitely aim for a Proactive or Neutrogena commercial instead - due to her bad skin shown in the current season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.

All of them have taped their assets to make money - that is the goal for every American, the American dream. We can't knock'em for that.

But we can definitely voice our professional cheerleader opinion on who Varsity should choose to represent our industry in front of the nation. In the name of National School Spirit Day, Jenner (or any other celebrity's daughter) is a good choice. If she continues to promote the brand as a representative for cheerleaders...then we have a huge problem. The representative needs to be a highly skilled athlete to promote our athletic image.
UM......Kim is famous from a sextape.....ALL AMERICANS do NOT desire that...:/....IMO

UM......Kim is famous from a sextape.....ALL AMERICANS do NOT desire that...:/....IMO

Kim got lemons so she made lemonade. Most people don't desire a sex tape...but I mean you can't knock the hustle....

Sadly I knew who Kim was prior to the sex tape....just because she was buds with Paris Hilton...who much be beyond tick that her own sex tape didnt catapult her into...marriage or something

The average high school cheerleader, that isn't involved in competitive cheerleading (high school or all star) probably wont care about any of that. A regular title winning-high-skill-level etc cheerleader also wont attract the same audience or reach as many people as a Kris Jenner spawn... Sometimes in life it isn't about being "the best" its more about "what sells" and right now lets face it... Kris Jenner's children are "winning" (except for Kylie and Rob).

Now from what I gather, just because Kendall isn't the best cheerleader in the world, doesn't make her any less of a cheerleader as she clearly loves cheerleading (i.e that episode where she didn't want to go to a photoshoot bc she had cheer practice). So what if she said in A/C mag that her team just got extensions...if its what she enjoys doing why try to take away from it just because shes famous. Sure being famous by association got her in the door (on the cover and affiliated with Varsity) but I mean... its just Varsity's School Spirit Day...theres no need to make it more than what it is.

At the end of the day, what her high school team does is more relatable to the average middle and high school cheerleaders, so why wouldn't she be the perfect representative? Its already been pointed out that Varsity School Spirit Day isn't geared toward the All Star sect.

Also Corinne Foxx (Jamie Foxx's daughter) cheers with Kendall at school (and shes in that photo album that someone else posted) is going to be on the cover of American Cheerleader soon.

Kendall's high school coach owns a cheer company and is getting lot's of FREE press for his company when she attended camp with her sister and Corinne Foxx. The camp had paparazzi, it was crazy. The coach is who set them up with American Cheerleader magazine.

Kendall has what I consider one of the best coaches in cheer for technique.

Back