All-Star Large Senior Breakdowns

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is absolutely correct (nothing wrong with good confidence)..and it has nothing to do with who you support. I just think back to a team I competed against in high school..compared to all the other cheer sections (which in CT are generally more 'go *insert mascot here*' and not quite as in-your-face), theirs was more bragging and less confidence, and I remember them ending with 'We don't think, we KNOW.' They ended up getting second, and the looks on their faces was NOT pretty..the team that beat them, however, was of course super-excited (and has since continued on with their winning program, which is pretty stellar for a smaller HS. The other HS's in the division at the time ranged from HUGE to teeny-tiny). It's sort-of cursed that phrase for me.

And you can't tell me the agony/tension when they dropped that stunt didn't make them very nervous about pulling off that win. *No disrespect and no intentional rehashing of drama, just making a reference*

Well OF COURSE!!!!! Who wasn't surprised when they won??? The thing about "bragging" is that you have to have the skills to back it up! Notice that SE didn't give up hopes of still winning. They didn't just sit & wait to hear "2nd place cheer extreme" They all held hands & bent over hoping and praying as they listened to the announcer.

Getting back to the point, it does matter who I'm supporting..My comments on here could come across totally different depending on who I support. Most the wc fans know most the cea fans on here. That's why so many "fights" break out.

Anyway, I'm a :shooting star: fan, not member. I'm the one being cocky, not stars so no worries :first:

That's not always true. Take a look at sr elite last season.."We're done believing it's time to start knowing" "The rings *ding!" "This is our now and let us show you how." You can't tell me their routine didn't give the impression of "I know I'm going to win!" And guess what, they won!

Theres nothing wrong w/ knowing you can do something. It's called having confidence. I'm obviously for WC, but I actually like teams that carry this attitude.

It's one thing to have it in a voice-over, it's another for an athlete to actually display that kind of poor sportsmanship. The good thing is that the athletes rarely do.

[/B]

Well OF COURSE!!!!! Who wasn't surprised when they won??? The thing about "bragging" is that you have to have the skills to back it up! Notice that SE didn't give up hopes of still winning. They didn't just sit & wait to hear "2nd place cheer extreme" They all held hands & bent over hoping and praying as they listened to the announcer.

Getting back to the point, it does matter who I'm supporting..My comments on here could come across totally different depending on who I support. Most the wc fans know most the cea fans on here. That's why so many "fights" break out.

Anyway, I'm a :shooting star: fan, not member. I'm the one being cocky, not stars so no worries :first:

I view bragging and confidence as two different things, so that's where we differ. Confidence is 'I can do this, I know it and I'm going do it!' with heads held high and a smile. Bragging is 'Watch me do this skill, yeah yeah who's the best oh you KNOW it!!' with a smirk. Confidence is wonderful, bragging is tacky.

And I'm a fan of everyone hitting the best routine they can so that the race is a fight to the finish. Which it seems like we have this year!

I view bragging and confidence as two different things, so that's where we differ. Confidence is 'I can do this, I know it and I'm going do it!' with heads held high and a smile. Bragging is 'Watch me do this skill, yeah yeah who's the best oh you KNOW it!!' with a smirk. Confidence is wonderful, bragging is tacky.

And I'm a fan of everyone hitting the best routine they can so that the race is a fight to the finish. Which it seems like we have this year!

I'm glad you know that's your opinion. IMO bragging is okay. If your the shiz, it's ok to brag about it. Be a confident bragger.

The team that competes the best routine will win. We've all learned it isn't about hitting.

I'm glad you know that's your opinion. IMO bragging is okay. If your the shiz, it's ok to brag about it. Be a confident bragger.

The team that competes the best routine will win. We've all learned it isn't about hitting.

Now that IS a matter of opinion

I'm a displaced Panthers fan :-( So I get to spend the season hoping BlueCat crosses a bunch of Jags over or finds a treasure trove of 12-18 year old girls somewhere with fierce tumbling...hoping for a miracle..yeah maybe lol

There is simply zero chance of Panthers going back large this season. For that matter, as long as large is 36, I can't see us wanting to go back in the future either.

I am a bit biased, but I do feel that if we chose to stack a single team, we could be competitive with anyone in the division. (See 2004 Worlds) However, that really isn't what we feel is best for our athletes and our program. That would hurt the other L5s too much. With 20, (or perhaps even 30) we can make all the rosters and still feel like we are putting 4 world-class L5 teams out there, but not really with 36.

so true, fall all over, but have cute music and there you go!

Like Sharkdad said, it's a matter of opinion. And the way you look at it.

Senior Elite HIT enough skills to outscore every other team. Did they hit ALL their skills? no. But they hit the ones they needed to if they were to win. They took bigger chances than the other teams and were rewarded with a bigger prize.

Back